X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is niqab wajib or optional?

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]82255[/ATTACH]

^a bit annoyed with this one because it doesn't stay down, so anyone found a way to keep it down to avoid it covering the eyes?

:jkk:
    What????? You wear niqab too ukhti? :o
    Masha Allah thats cool! Honestly the niqabis seem to keep on growing.
    Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Originally posted by Figs View Post
      What????? You wear niqab too ukhti? :o
      Masha Allah thats cool! Honestly the niqabis seem to keep on growing.
      I would only do this in Asian areas because they stare :wacko: and are quite nosy

Otherwise nope, don't wear it, not necessary Alhamdullilah, if I did this where I ma it would just cause MORE STARES.

But either way, yeh cool.
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Re: Mega Niqab thread - all things niqab related

Originally posted by F_R View Post
        I swear people are weird. Honestly. I can never generalise the British public because with every foolish comment towards me, another "nice/normal" behaviour is displayed by someone else. But people are strange. I wonder what goes through their heads.

Was in the shop minding my own business when a gay man (my gay-dar is on point) was in the same aisle as me and he goes "nice glasses". I thought he was talking to someone else so i took no notice, but then i saw he was looking my way. I go to him "who mine?" he goes "yea", i was confused so i go "okay thanks" (was gonna say that i went to specsavers but anyway). Then he goes "bit behind the times but nice glasses, and nice eyes too". So confused whether he was insulting me or not because he wasn't aggressive at all. But then i realised he was a weirdo because he kinda dissed the cashier too.

Another time i was on my way home and i saw some flashing car lights. I ignored them (coz if anyone wants you they would call you) and continued walking. Suddenly this hippy peace garden loving weed smoking long-haired yoo dude guy said out loud from his car (something along the lines of) "Jesus will save you. I love you"

It's just so weird. And i always do my adkhaar alhamdulilah so there's no fear etc but some people are just so very strange. That's all i can say.
        Yes some people are truly weird and perverted, I have had similar experiences.
        اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

Salaam sisters, I need some advice on this (if this thread is even open anymore)

I really want to wear the niqab, like really badly. But im still a student in canada and if i want to learn and get a job then its not possible..... any advice or similar experiences? Im honestly so torn apart by all of this... :'(

Comment

Originally posted by muslimprincess View Post
            Salaams people, iv never worn a niqab bafore thinking its optional. But now there seems to be a doubt to whether its wajib or not as alot of peeps say it is. Help? 50% say yes, 50% say no. What shall i do?
            I reverted in 2011. It took me four years to get rid of my jeans and t-shirts and wear abayat. It took me five years to put on the niqab. Now, I don't think I would feel comfortable leaving my house without one. It's been a year since I donned it and I love it.

I shop at Sunnah Style for all my niqab because they have so many different styles.
            لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
            سورة الإخلاص

Comment

Originally posted by pinkrose550 View Post
              Salaam sisters, I need some advice on this (if this thread is even open anymore)

I really want to wear the niqab, like really badly. But im still a student in canada and if i want to learn and get a job then its not possible..... any advice or similar experiences? Im honestly so torn apart by all of this... :'(
              I live in Michigan, USA. I don't think wearing one in Canada would be that big of a deal, especially since your PM is so pro-Muslim. Maybe try wearing one for a day and see how it goes.
              لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
              سورة الإخلاص

Comment

....................///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
                ............./////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
                .................................................. .................................................. .....................................
                .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .

Wa Alaykum Salaam

It is possible sis, have trust in Allah.
                I don't know how difficult it is to get a job wearing it. I don't know what kind of field you want to go into but some don't allow you to wear niqab e.g if you have to interact with patients in a hospital or healthcare setting. I would say don't let this discourage you. You can wear it everywhere and when u get to work u can take it off. Wearing it at school should not be a problem no one can tell you to take it off. If you keep thinking about it u will never wear it. Just put it on!
                Narrated by Anas ibn Malik RA: Allah's Messenger :saw: said. "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

Comment

• Narrated by Anas ibn Malik RA: Allah's Messenger :saw: said. "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

Comment

I saw a couple of videos on youtube made by a sister talking about getting a job in hijab. Insha'Allah this can help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1F1LFVyBa0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2NPkrsUxhk
                    Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

Working...
                    X