Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

recent convert to Islam needing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • recent convert to Islam needing advice

    Hello everyone! I am new to this site and Islam all together. I read the Quran every night and pray daily. I have never felt such a pull towards a religion until I discovered Islam and I know it is right for me. I enjoy wearing the niqab and feel like it is the right thing for me however, some important people in my life are against me wearing the niqab and converting to Islam all together. My job will not allow me to wear the niqab and I honestly feel naked without it now.. I am a recent convert so any advice would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to write back here or private message me!

  • #2
    Re: recent convert to Islam needing advice

    Salaam Alaykum sister!

    Wow mashaAllah that's great :up:

    In shaa Allah this forum will be of benefit to you

    Nice to meet you
    Allah's Messenger ï·º said, "Allah said, 'O son of Adam! Spend, and I shall spend on you."

    https://www.crisisaid.org.uk/appeals/yemen/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: recent convert to Islam needing advice

      Salaam Alaykum! :) Thank you very much I sure hope so. It is great to meet you as well! :D Just a little background I come from a Christian family but they never pushed religion on me and gave me free will to choose the path I wanted and it finally led me to Islam. Most of my closet friends are super supporitive and sometimes even joke that I am the only white, blonde girl they know who wears a niqab which doesn't bother me since I know they mean no harm. Its just hard when people judge you and think Islam is a dangerous or bad thing when in reality its not at all,

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: recent convert to Islam needing advice

        Wa Alaykum As-Salam :)

        SubhanAllah you're really fortunate to have all that support, there are lots of muslim reverts who struggle to practice Islam because of family/peer pressure. I agree with last part, people really need to try and understand Islam, not look at muslims.
        Allah's Messenger ï·º said, "Allah said, 'O son of Adam! Spend, and I shall spend on you."

        https://www.crisisaid.org.uk/appeals/yemen/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: recent convert to Islam needing advice

          Originally posted by legomahmego View Post
          Hello everyone! I am new to this site and Islam all together. I read the Quran every night and pray daily. I have never felt such a pull towards a religion until I discovered Islam and I know it is right for me. I enjoy wearing the niqab and feel like it is the right thing for me however, some important people in my life are against me wearing the niqab and converting to Islam all together. My job will not allow me to wear the niqab and I honestly feel naked without it now.. I am a recent convert so any advice would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to write back here or private message me!
          Assalamu alaikum dear sister, welcome to forum! I hope you end up liking this forum as much as I do. :o
          Masha Allah, keep it up sis, with every passing moment in worship, our hearts grow brighter and closer to our Creator.
          Allah (Swt) only tests the servants whom He loves, such as the Prophets, the truthful, those who died on the path of Allah, and others (as mentioned in the Qur'an). So rejoice, for you have the love and mercy of Allah (swt), insha Allah this test will pass.

          If you have any questions, feel free to PM me anytime, and I'll reply as soon as possible. :up:
          Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: recent convert to Islam needing advice

            I struggle slightly because my parents aren't super supportive about me choosing to follow Allah and Islam cause of all the issues going on in the world but like I tell everyone, Muslims are not hateful people like the media portrays them as. Islam is a peaceful religion and I have never been happier. :D Thank you for your kind words! I hope to keep in touch with you sister! ^.^ Wa Alaykum As-Salam! :))

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: recent convert to Islam needing advice

              Wa Alaykum As-Salam! :) I will private message you soon sister! I definitely feel the love from Allah and hope to do right by him and meet more amazing sisters and learn more from these forums.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: recent convert to Islam needing advice

                I begin in the name of Allah the most gracious the most merciful
                assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatulillah.im new to this site and mine intentions in joining is to get the support i need and getting to meet brothers and sisters in islam,because i live in a very christian ruled country and town.insha'Allah some of you will get to know me and get a clear understanding upon my situation insha'Allah.ameen

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: recent convert to Islam needing advice

                  Originally posted by Isa Mujahid View Post
                  I begin in the name of Allah the most gracious the most merciful
                  assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatulillah.im new to this site and mine intentions in joining is to get the support i need and getting to meet brothers and sisters in islam,because i live in a very christian ruled country and town.insha'Allah some of you will get to know me and get a clear understanding upon my situation insha'Allah.ameen
                  Welcome! I am new as well and I live in a very Christian town but people here do not seem to mind me wearing a niqab in public. I hope this forum helps us both! :)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: recent convert to Islam needing advice

                    Originally posted by legomahmego View Post
                    I struggle slightly because my parents aren't super supportive about me choosing to follow Allah and Islam cause of all the issues going on in the world but like I tell everyone, Muslims are not hateful people like the media portrays them as. Islam is a peaceful religion and I have never been happier. :D Thank you for your kind words! I hope to keep in touch with you sister! ^.^ Wa Alaykum As-Salam! :))
                    asalamu alaikum
                    dont worry too much about your family not being supportive about your decision to follow the religion, im a revert myself and at first my family was very anti islam because all they really knew about it was what they'd seen on fox news and in the media lol. But after a while they saw a huge change in me and now they're respectful of my decision because they know it works well for me. I hope your family too will come to see it as something positive by the changes they see in you. As for your query wearing niqab at work, sister if it really bothers you that much, and you feel uneasy in your heart look for a new job, Allah is the provider of the heavens and the earth and he can definitely provide you with a new job.
                    welcome to the deen sister btw may Allah make things easy for you, how long have you been a muslim?
                    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: recent convert to Islam needing advice

                      Originally posted by legomahmego View Post
                      I struggle slightly because my parents aren't super supportive about me choosing to follow Allah and Islam cause of all the issues going on in the world but like I tell everyone, Muslims are not hateful people like the media portrays them as. Islam is a peaceful religion and I have never been happier. :D Thank you for your kind words! I hope to keep in touch with you sister! ^.^ Wa Alaykum As-Salam! :))
                      In shaa Allah your parents will see the beauty of Islam through you and come to Islam soon :)

                      You're welcome and me too

                      Alaykum As-Salam!
                      Allah's Messenger ï·º said, "Allah said, 'O son of Adam! Spend, and I shall spend on you."

                      https://www.crisisaid.org.uk/appeals/yemen/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: recent convert to Islam needing advice

                        Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                        asalamu alaikum
                        dont worry too much about your family not being supportive about your decision to follow the religion, im a revert myself and at first my family was very anti islam because all they really knew about it was what they'd seen on fox news and in the media lol. But after a while they saw a huge change in me and now they're respectful of my decision because they know it works well for me. I hope your family too will come to see it as something positive by the changes they see in you. As for your query wearing niqab at work, sister if it really bothers you that much, and you feel uneasy in your heart look for a new job, Allah is the provider of the heavens and the earth and he can definitely provide you with a new job.
                        welcome to the deen sister btw may Allah make things easy for you, how long have you been a muslim?
                        They have seen me become happier so I hope they soon realize Islam has helped me become happier then I once was :) and my job allows me to wear the hijab but not the niqab because of security reasons sadly but I just change over once I leave work. I have only been Muslim for about 2 months (ive been in religion limbo for a few years) so I am still a newbie and learning new things everyday about beautiful Islam ^.^ How long have you been Muslim? Any other advice being a revert yourself? And welcome to you as well :) Yes the media just ugh twists things so much its unreal and pretty much tells people what to believe instead of people doing their own independent research.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: recent convert to Islam needing advice

                          Originally posted by islamuslim View Post
                          In shaa Allah your parents will see the beauty of Islam through you and come to Islam soon :)

                          You're welcome and me too

                          Alaykum As-Salam!
                          I do hope so it is such a beautiful religion to me <3 They said they still love me the same just weary on the convert cause of the media but I assured them to never believe everything the media says and portrays

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: recent convert to Islam needing advice

                            Originally posted by legomahmego View Post
                            I do hope so it is such a beautiful religion to me <3 They said they still love me the same just weary on the convert cause of the media but I assured them to never believe everything the media says and portrays
                            Alhamdulillah thats good

                            I find it really impressive that you've only been muslim for 2 months and youve already started reading the Qur'an daily and wearing the niqab, MashaAllah :up:
                            Allah's Messenger ï·º said, "Allah said, 'O son of Adam! Spend, and I shall spend on you."

                            https://www.crisisaid.org.uk/appeals/yemen/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: recent convert to Islam needing advice

                              Originally posted by legomahmego View Post
                              They have seen me become happier so I hope they soon realize Islam has helped me become happier then I once was :) and my job allows me to wear the hijab but not the niqab because of security reasons sadly but I just change over once I leave work. I have only been Muslim for about 2 months (ive been in religion limbo for a few years) so I am still a newbie and learning new things everyday about beautiful Islam ^.^ How long have you been Muslim? Any other advice being a revert yourself? And welcome to you as well :) Yes the media just ugh twists things so much its unreal and pretty much tells people what to believe instead of people doing their own independent research.
                              alhamdulilah i have been muslim for six years, subhannallah allah turned my life around through this deen, it was such a mess before islam
                              my main advice i guess would be for you to study the deen as much as you can, your going to be in the firing line a bit with people asking questions so you need to have the knowledge to be able to answer some basic misconceptions about islam. Basically the more you can learn about the religion the better off you'll be. Also seeking knowledge is a good motivator to keep you strong in the religion, i find if ive been reading up on Jannah and jahannam it is much easier to stay away from what is prohibited than if ive just been cruising not studying much
                              ive posted a link to a lecturer i quite enjoy if your interested https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ed+al+shareef+
                              mashaallah your doing really well already so keep it up, may Allah make things easy for you and guide your family (and mine) to islam
                              "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X