Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hijab/khimar/head scarve

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hijab/khimar/head scarve

    May I ask the sisters at which age they started wearing hijab (those who did not start wearing it from puberty)?
    Please Re-update your Signature

  • #2
    I'm wearing it almost 6 months now.
    Please Re-update your Signature

    Comment


    • #3
      first at 16yrs,then i stopped for some reason and started again at 25yrs old
      The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

      Comment


      • #4
        mmmmmm... I started right before I went to middle school.. got a bit of a head start... was about 10 years old ;) Why d'ya ask?
        Please Re-update your Signature

        Comment


        • #5
          woops, haha, this thread is kinda old.. just realized that :p
          Please Re-update your Signature

          Comment


          • #6
            Asalamulaikum

            In grade 3, and believe it or not i was peer pressured to do it from the grade 4's lol

            Wa'alaikumasalam:)

            Comment


            • #7
              Asalamualaikum wr wb,

              I started Hijab when i was 11 years old Allahmdulillah. I feel so safe hehe.

              walaikum salaam wr wb.
              Please Re-update your Signature

              Comment


              • #8
                Assalam Alaykum

                My 15 yr old sister; trying to get her to wear Hijaab is proving nightmare, any advice ?

                "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi
                  Assalam Alaykum

                  My 15 yr old sister; trying to get her to wear Hijaab is proving nightmare, any advice ?
                  bro,dont let her feel pressured, my sis is 16yrs and im trying to do the same, try giving her some books,see if u can get her to hang around with girls who wear hijab,take her to some islamic talks etc,see what i mean?

                  slowly ,slowly inshallah
                  The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi
                    Assalam Alaykum

                    My 15 yr old sister; trying to get her to wear Hijaab is proving nightmare, any advice ?
                    Teach her the why's and whats'.

                    tell her why it is necessary, it may be difficult from a guy. i think the most important reasons to dress modestly (other than the obvious, which is to submit to the will of Allah) is because i prevents harm to other women and to yourself. Western cultures are societies that are obsessed withthe way a woman looks. Not just that but they put almost an ideal for women to live up to. When you decide not to be judged by these things but by the person you are, the mind that you have and by your character you are becoming a stronger and better person. Also you are taking away the ability to add to this perfection. Women look at other women far more than they look at men. By dressing with modesty you decide not to promote the superficial. Concentrate on your mind instead. also by dressing modestly ou make a statement that you don ot wish to participate in the superficial things.

                    If your sister does dress with modesty and covers herself but simply refuses to wear a head covering, i do not think you should pressure her into it. This is just my opinion however.

                    15 is a difficult age but also a good one. Understand why she does not wish to take your advice. then explain things depending on her reaction.
                    Please Re-update your Signature

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Assalam Alakum

                      Jazakallahu khayr sister Ponderingstar and Muslim girl for the valueable advice.

                      I would agree that its a difficult age, she doesnt think I uderstand her, though i have sat listening to her yap and yap about her friends etc. The main issue I face is the fact that some of her friends wear the hijaab or just the head covering, but they are not Islamic, so she argues that if she wear hijaab she will do it to please me and her parents rather than do it for Islam. when I ask her to do it because its pleasing to Allah tala, she says she is not yet ready :(

                      she has been sayig that for past 5 years.
                      "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Rules regarding Muslim women's (and men's) attire are derived from the Quran, Islam's revealed text, and the traditions (hadith) of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

                        In the Quran, God states: "Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty...And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and adornments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers...(a list of exceptions)"
                        [Chapter 24, verses 30-31]



                        Also, "O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons...that they should be known and not molested." [Chapter 33, verse 59]

                        In one tradition, the Prophet Muhammad is quoted as saying: "...If the
                        woman reaches the age of puberty, no part of her body should be seen but this --- and he pointed to his face and hands."

                        From these and other references, the vast majority of Muslim scholars
                        and jurists, past and present, have determined the minimum requirements
                        for Muslim women's dress: 1) Clothing must cover the entire body, with
                        the exception of the face and the hands. 2) The attire should not be
                        form fitting, sheer or so eye-catching as to attract undue attention or
                        reveal the shape of the body.



                        There are similar, yet less obvious requirements for a Muslim male's
                        attire. 1) A Muslim man must always be covered from the navel to the
                        knees. 2) A Muslim man should similarly not wear tight, sheer,
                        revealing, or eye-catching clothing. In addition, a Muslim man is
                        prohibited from wearing silk clothing (except for medical reasons) or
                        gold jewelry. A Muslim woman may wear silk or gold.
                        Please Re-update your Signature

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi
                          Assalam Alakum

                          Jazakallahu khayr sister Ponderingstar and Muslim girl for the valueable advice.

                          I would agree that its a difficult age, she doesnt think I uderstand her, though i have sat listening to her yap and yap about her friends etc. The main issue I face is the fact that some of her friends wear the hijaab or just the head covering, but they are not Islamic, so she argues that if she wear hijaab she will do it to please me and her parents rather than do it for Islam. when I ask her to do it because its pleasing to Allah tala, she says she is not yet ready :(

                          she has been sayig that for past 5 years.
                          brother don't end the converstaion at that point. Ask her what it is that she is not ready for? Is she afraid people will judge her? Does she want to flaunt her beauty? (don't ask this in an antagonistic way, it is womens nature to desire positive reactions from all people around them) The thing is you must first make her understand the beauty and logic that is Islam. Inspire a love for her religion in her. STart with the basics of how the Muslim concept of Allah compares to other religions. ask her if there are things in Islam that confuse her. Also, as i have mentioned, if she dresses quite modestly you probably have little to worry about, but if she likes to wear very wetsrenised clothes etc. it will be a much harder journey for her.
                          Please Re-update your Signature

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Assalam Alaykum

                            Shukran for this, defintly has given me some insight on how to go about this.

                            You are right, its not an easy thing. But I really wish, I woke up one morning and my little sisters thinking was elevated. :)

                            The problem is my parents are quiet chilled out, especially with my sister since she is the only daughter and quiet spoilt in some ways. They havent realised that their daughter is now grown up and they need to explain things to her. On the contrary my mum allows her to buy whatever she wants in terms of clothes, she doesnt even wear the traditional shalwar kameez which is somewhat modest than western clothes.

                            I am more worried now sine I moved out to my own place, when I do visit home I give her Islamic books to read only to find them sitting at the bottom of her pile of books. If I try to explain things, she just switches off and thinks i am lecturing her - the big age gab doesnt help either. I ve asked her to come to Islamic talks but she refuses and says if she wants to learn about Islam she will read a book.

                            :(

                            Maybe I ll get her to join here during her holidays, and then you wonderful sisters can knock some sense into her :)



                            "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi
                              Assalam Alaykum

                              Shukran for this, defintly has given me some insight on how to go about this.

                              You are right, its not an easy thing. But I really wish, I woke up one morning and my little sisters thinking was elevated. :)

                              The problem is my parents are quiet chilled out, especially with my sister since she is the only daughter and quiet spoilt in some ways. They havent realised that their daughter is now grown up and they need to explain things to her. On the contrary my mum allows her to buy whatever she wants in terms of clothes, she doesnt even wear the traditional shalwar kameez which is somewhat modest than western clothes.

                              I am more worried now sine I moved out to my own place, when I do visit home I give her Islamic books to read only to find them sitting at the bottom of her pile of books. If I try to explain things, she just switches off and thinks i am lecturing her - the big age gab doesnt help either. I ve asked her to come to Islamic talks but she refuses and says if she wants to learn about Islam she will read a book.

                              :(

                              Maybe I ll get her to join here during her holidays, and then you wonderful sisters can knock some sense into her :)


                              bro,its a slow process, but be patient,keep talking to her, keep giving her books,people gave me books but i didnt read them till a bout 4yrs later unfortunaley but i wish i had read them earlier.

                              the biggest thing that helped me wear hijab was actually BEING around girls who wore it,even though it took over 5yrs for me to click and wear it!!

                              try telling her EXCITING things about islam e.g what caught my bro's attention was (he is 17yrs) the description of hell and punsihments and now alhumdulillah he is always asking for books from me.

                              ytry talking to her in a casual way,dont make it looklike an IMPORTANT,BIG chat (even though it is), u get it,? try and disguise it abit.
                              The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X