Women's rights in Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's rights in Islam

hello guys and girls, recently ive been reading alot of articles and in alot of forums about islam and women, moreover their rights..now in the majority of forums-i have read a load of trash forgive me and in articles ive read islamic women are the most opressed, unceivilised 'creatures' on earth-being a muslim women this is not true in my eyes-just another biased writer with another biased point of view! i find this kind of stuff very sad to read-really i think what is this world coming too! hehe! Can anyone shed some light to me about the rights of women from the koran point of view without going into alot of detail-i know some of you guys like to give articles but i just want basic info so i can try to corect these people and even though they may not be worth the time of day-i still want to make my point and be an even happier women that i didnt let some loser say nonsense about islamic women in the way that they do..
    thankyou very much
    Reema
    ربِ إشرح لي صدري ويسر لي أمري

the rights are equall, for instance, Allah made her wear a hijab, but to back it up, he gave her powr over the husbands privacy, and vice versa, you can't really say male has more rights then woman, when they both have thier ups and downs, and equal in their own way

it's spelled "Qur'an"
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

(i.e. , and alms, etc.), the men and the women who observe SaumAt-Taqwa [i.e. one of the http://www.islaam.net/main/keyword_search.php I especially recommend you read the stuff on feminism, scroll down inshAllah..I found that really interesting...

I must say, however that many women are oppressed, non-Muslim AND Muslim, the Muslim women are oppressed not because they are Muslim, but because of their culture which may contradict Islam and some people interpret this as part os Islam, which is TOTALLY INCORRECT.

You will find some of the greatest and best scholars of Islam were women, the first person to accept Islam when the Quran was revealed to the prophet (saws) was a woman. The first martyr in Islam was also a woman...

Indeed these are ideals and role models we should strive for inshAllah.

Sis, I would also recommend you read about the lives of the Sahabiyath inshAllah...

Hope that helped inshAllah :)
      Last edited by Sabeeluna; 04-10-04, 05:25 AM.
      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

thankyou very much sis sabeeluna, that has been very helpful-god bless you sis :) does anyone else know more about this issue?
        Kind regards.
        ربِ إشرح لي صدري ويسر لي أمري

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X