Slandered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slandered

AS WR WB. This is my first post on this forum and I'm just looking for some advice for my situation. During my time in school, some muslims slandered me saying that I committed zina and I'm some sort of guy who enjoys hurting others and are into a whole bunch of haram things. I lost a lot of friends from that rumor and lots of people, including muslims, hate me for it. Pretty much everyone in my year has tried avoiding me and they gave me dirty looks. I've been treated very badly from so many people and some threatened to beat me up for things I've never actually done. I've never felt so degraded and humiliated in my entire life. These people usually spy on me and start saying things that aren't true. These people have destroyed my reputation and even when I go to the mosque, some people look at me with disgust. The person who started the rumor, a muslim, usually mocks me when I walk by and this person's friends would laugh at me everytime they walk by when I'm waiting for my bus outside. I've developed depression and anxiety in which I'm going to see a counselor for. I'm wondering what I should do to try and get over this because it's really affecting my life. There's not a day that goes by where I don't think about the things they've done to me.

Re: Slandered

Originally posted by kjk99 View Post
    AS WR WB. This is my first post on this forum and I'm just looking for some advice for my situation. During my time in school, some muslims slandered me saying that I committed zina and I'm some sort of guy who enjoys hurting others and are into a whole bunch of haram things. I lost a lot of friends from that rumor and lots of people, including muslims, hate me for it. Pretty much everyone in my year has tried avoiding me and they gave me dirty looks. I've been treated very badly from so many people and some threatened to beat me up for things I've never actually done. I've never felt so degraded and humiliated in my entire life. These people usually spy on me and start saying things that aren't true. These people have destroyed my reputation and even when I go to the mosque, some people look at me with disgust. The person who started the rumor, a muslim, usually mocks me when I walk by and this person's friends would laugh at me everytime they walk by when I'm waiting for my bus outside. I've developed depression and anxiety in which I'm going to see a counselor for. I'm wondering what I should do to try and get over this because it's really affecting my life. There's not a day that goes by where I don't think about the things they've done to me.
    Have you spoken to your father, your imam?
    Free-will if good for him who is master of himself (Rumi)

Comment

wa alaikum salam

you could ask to speak in the congregation after the khutba in order to address the issue. publicly disassociate yourself from all accusations and warn them to fear Allah about spreading rumors whether they are true or not.

you cant stay quiet with rumors you must actively deny them because people like this assume that staying silent is like you are admitting guilt.
      I want your reflections on THIS Thread, please post!
      Abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light - And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel." [video]

Comment

wa alaikum salam
        be aware that on qiyamat youre going to be very rich inshaallah with all these people giving you their good deeds
        perhaps on judgement day you will be very happy this happened
        allahu alim
        ps
        keep making dua for Allah to provide you a way out of your situation
        Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

Thanks for replying guys. These people who've been spreading rumors aren't religious at all (they go out partying, committing zina, drugs, etc) and warning them probably won't help much, plus they avoid me completely when I come near. I don't really want to tell the imam about this so he talks about it on Friday prayer as I feel like this will just re-ignite the rumors about me. I've been through this sort of thing in the past and when I try to actively deny them, people end up publicly humiliating me. I've tried talking to people who heard the rumors but they just avoid me. I plan on moving away from that city and starting a new life somewhere else so I don't have to see these people again. It really affected my grades in school as I see them always laughing at me and it's very difficult for me to concentrate on anything plus having to deal with a lot of other trials that are happening in my life :(

Comment

May Allah SWT bless you with a ton of good deeds in return! ameen.:)

Stay strong! :) (Sorry I couldn't do much)
            La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
            (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
            Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Wassalam,

Im glad to know that you are considering moving away from that place, a place where people behave in such a ruthless manner towards you. It is people like that who you should stay far away from, those who do nothing but cause pain to you.

Try to not let their words affect you, I know its not easy, but it helps knowing what they say doesnt mean much to you. May Allah swt make it easy for you and remove all your troubles. Continue making dua to Him for your wellbeing and insha'allah you will be relieved.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Have you tried publicly confronting the person? They deserve a punch to the face (publicly) but don't do that if it will get you in trouble.

Comment

Thanks for replying guys. These people who've been spreading rumors aren't religious at all (they go out partying, committing zina, drugs, etc) and warning them probably won't help much, plus they avoid me completely when I come near. I don't really want to tell the imam about this so he talks about it on Friday prayer as I feel like this will just re-ignite the rumors about me. I've been through this sort of thing in the past and when I try to actively deny them, people end up publicly humiliating me. I've tried talking to people who heard the rumors but they just avoid me. I plan on moving away from that city and starting a new life somewhere else so I don't have to see these people again. It really affected my grades in school as I see them always laughing at me and it's very difficult for me to concentrate on anything plus having to deal with a lot of other trials that are happening in my life :(
                  From experience....I realized people slander because they're either jealous of someone or they're angry for something that happened.

You sound like a good person....which means they just want to bring you down...don't let it happen.
                  I've never been accused with something like that, but I do know what it feels like to be ostracized.....remember Allah's on your side. :up:

At the end of the day.....that is all that will matter, how Allah thinks of you, so their efforts at hurting you will be their loss on Yawm ul Qiyama, when they tear their heads with anguish, and say 'O would that I have never been so and so's friends...; the same group of people who are hurting you right now will hate each other more than anything on that day...because they lead each other into sin and destruction. So Allah's got your back. :up:

Also, Allah (swt) only tests the servants Allah loves the most.....which means Allah must love you so much....and every millisecond, your bank of barakah is only increasing.....you're extremely rich with baraka in the sight of Allah.....:D
                  Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Punch their lights out, just kidding. One day they'll have to account for their sins, Allah is just. InshAllah you'll get your reward, stay strong.

Comment

Oh man. There was a 'brother' who wouldn't quit it, everytime, I was 'fake' and had relationships with x,y,z.

That was all a lie.

So I ignored it and let my actions speak for myself.

7 months in, Alhamdullilah they eventually realised who was speaking rubbish.
                      And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Comment

Originally posted by Figs View Post
                        From experience....I realized people slander because they're either jealous of someone or they're angry for something that happened.

You sound like a good person....which means they just want to bring you down...don't let it happen.
                        I've never been accused with something like that, but I do know what it feels like to be ostracized.....remember Allah's on your side. :up:

At the end of the day.....that is all that will matter, how Allah thinks of you, so their efforts at hurting you will be their loss on Yawm ul Qiyama, when they tear their heads with anguish, and say 'O would that I have never been so and so's friends...; the same group of people who are hurting you right now will hate each other more than anything on that day...because they lead each other into sin and destruction. So Allah's got your back. :up:

Also, Allah (swt) only tests the servants Allah loves the most.....which means Allah must love you so much....and every millisecond, your bank of barakah is only increasing.....you're extremely rich with baraka in the sight of Allah.....:D
                        Yup rejecting a couple of girls seemed to make some people really angry. I don't want to hang out with these guys as they get involved in zina, clubbing, alcohol, etc. Ugh I hate having to deal with this sort of stuff time and time again. Hopefully the new place has some pious muslims I can hang out with for once . Thanks for the encouraging posts guys :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X