X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.Khan1210
    replied
    Re: Dawah to Desi parents

Leave it out? Just to be clear. You are correct. Fard is the minimum. Only praying Fard will save a person from being questioned about praying. Praying more than your fard will Inshallah increase your reward but only reading fard and leaving everything else out is not sinful, just less reward.
    Last edited by A.Khan1210; 14-04-15, 09:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

Originally posted by A.Khan1210 View Post
    Fardh means obligatory. No way out no excuses. Everything else is desirable and still good but not obligatory so the OP is correct in telling his folks they only have to read Fardh. The clues in the name!
    Can we please leave this out? I was just just telling them about the bare minimum.

Leave a comment:

• A.Khan1210
    replied

Fardh means obligatory. No way out no excuses. Everything else is desirable and still good but not obligatory so the OP is correct in telling his folks they only have to read Fardh. The clues in the name!

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
    does not matter if she does extra prayers..if you are picking battles..then leave this one..this is not harmful to her..
    I'm not picking battles. I don't tell her that Fard is the minimum requirement anymore.

Leave a comment:

• shay5
    replied

Originally posted by Kiro View Post
    No! I'm not telling her to pray less!
    does not matter if she does extra prayers..if you are picking battles..then leave this one..this is not harmful to her..

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

Originally posted by Uthman Ibn Afan View Post
    Have i misunderstood or are you giving 'dawah' to your mom by asking her to pray less?
    No! I'm not telling her to pray less!

Leave a comment:

• Uthman Ibn Afan
    replied
    Dawah to Desi parents

Have i misunderstood or are you giving 'dawah' to your mom by asking her to pray less?

Leave a comment:

• Jannah2
    replied

I'm not misleading them. They think Sunnah prayers are fard except for Asr.
    3. Sunnah Muakkadah – Constant prastice of Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). The person who leaves it out without any valid excuse will be Sinful.

http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/16045

Leave a comment:

• Jannah2
    replied

I hope your just joking with me...
    but it's true they need to do sunnah muakaddah and witr too; br learn deen properly before you start dawah as you could be committing great evil rather than good; hadith says people who look like us and talk like us [i.e like muslims] will be calling to the hell-fire; why go against 1200 years of tradition as some google shaykhs have told you on ummah forum that one only needs to do fardh?

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
    ... no..if your fard prayers are lacking then Allah will look at your sunnah prayers..this might get you into Jannah..so do not mislead your parents..
    I'm not misleading them. They think Sunnah prayers are fard except for Asr.

Leave a comment:

• shay5
    replied

I told my mum, you only need to pray the fard rakats but... :(:/
    ... no..if your fard prayers are lacking then Allah will look at your sunnah prayers..this might get you into Jannah..so do not mislead your parents..

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

Originally posted by Jannah2 View Post
    yeah just joking but not from your mums perspective; their the one's who think your a silly boy! :D
    lol

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

Originally posted by Muslim1415 View Post
    Brother, maybe you should try telling them in-directly, through a third person or something?

Watch this video, perhaps it will help you Insha'Allah, only 2 and a half mins:

:jkk:
    But who am I going to get to tell what is needed to be said?

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
    Why would you tell them you only need to do fard rakats?
    They think it is obligatory to do a certain number of rakats for example for Magrib. 3 Fard. 2 Sunnah. So if i for example 4 Fard fo Zuhr than they say my Salah isn't valid.

Leave a comment:

• Jannah2
    replied

I hope your just joking with me...
    yeah just joking but not from your mums perspective; their the one's who think your a silly boy! :D

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X