Who's leaving Islam and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's leaving Islam and why?

Despite the fact that Islam is the fasting growing faith in the world, have you ever wondered if there are any brothers and sisters who've decided to renounce Islam? Perhaps simply because of recent events in the violence wracked Middle East and throughout the Islamic/Muslim world or the belief that the rise in Islamophobia is largely the Ummah's own fault. Maybe this burden has become so emotionally and psychologically overwhelming for some that they wish it would all just stop and go away. What are your thoughts?

Re: Who's leaving Islam and why?

Originally posted by @fedayeen View Post
    Despite the fact that Islam is the fasting growing faith in the world, have you ever wondered if there are any brothers and sisters who've decided to renounce Islam? Perhaps simply because of recent events in the violence wracked Middle East and throughout the Islamic/Muslim world or the belief that the rise in Islamophobia is largely the Ummah's own fault. Maybe this burden has become so emotionally and psychologically overwhelming for some that they wish it would all just stop and go away. What are your thoughts?
    Is there anything to suggest someone doubted Islam due to violence in the ME? I find that a very dubious reason though that isn't saying much considering any reason to turn your back on the truth is dubious.

Comment

leaving Islam because of what is happening in the middle east? Not sure I would call that person very smart
      "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Their simply not my concern.

Comment

As salamu alaykoom wa rahmatuAllah

I think a majority of the brothers/sisters leaving Islam here in the West because of middle east violence are concentrated in the "Muslim in name only" demographic. A lot of times they already have doubts and have never experienced a real relationship with Allah. The bad publicity for Islam adds fuel to the fire. At a masjid youth campfire, a brother anonymously asked, "Am I too far gone." This shows that many youth only get the haram/halal aspect of Islam and are being given a picture of Islam that is void of mercy. This is in contrast to what they might see from the Christians who constantly talk about atonement.

Comment

Originally posted by @fedayeen View Post
            Personally.....I've heard of Muslim youth leaving Islam, and sometimes converts....though the Muslim born and raised youth are more common, maybe.
            Converts....it depends on circumstances. They enter the religion alhamdulillah and have firmly believed- this is good, but then after they convert....they don't always get the support they deserve from the Muslim community. I got depressed after hearing stories of convert sisters who went under domestic abuse from born Muslim husbands....who were by large not religious before posing as religious to get married to them. Or brothers or sisters (converts) who've had bad experiences in the masjid, gotten insulted by immigrant Muslims, or never had a considerate Muslim accept their plea for help.....scenarios are endless. :(

They sacrificed an entirely (mostly) different world, way of thinking, and their own reputation by becoming Muslim. They often face severe opposition from their own parents and loved ones, and leaving their previous life, and encountering the stigma that Muslims in the West go through....it's tough, honestly. They give it all up for Allah and His Messenger (saw), masha Allah. :D

As for Muslim raised youth, it's because they're constantly battling subconsciously their whole lives, against a system that says they are ignorant, violent, and backwards. Against the stigma against Muslims and Islamaphobic situations....against the idea of being different, and most of all, the temptations and desires of a society that promote certain evils and the outsider feeling they can get from abstaining from them. Also, if they're not properly educated against the deen, they do come across individuals in college or work that have more knowledge about their religion or atheism and could easily influence them.

It's a tough world we're living in.

Even my little sister questioned me about whether we're in the right religion in the first place.....and it took me ages to explain how Christianity and Sikhism (religions of her friends in school) works, and then about Islam....:(
            Last edited by Figs; 08-04-15, 04:51 AM.
            Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

i was just think about this a second ago. i think one of the main things that drives people away from islam, is sucking the life out of it, until it's nothing but rules,regulations,controversies (things they don't like which are allowed in islam) etc, and ignoring the essence of islam (submission to Allah), and when there is little sprituallity left in your interpretation of islam, you can easily be blown away with any thing that comes along, because you imaan has no foundation. it should be built on love for Allah and fear, and devotion to him, and love for the akhira , not how you feel about xyz in islam. but sadly a lot of people follow things that are just fitna to their imaan.

sometimes it doesnt even have to be things they hate, it can be something they love. like if someone, for example is deep into following what's going on around the muslim world, and keeping tabs on this, spending the entire day on the internet debating others why this group is on the right track in this one is astray, refuting people left and right, if there islam becomes all about this, soon they may start neglecting important areas of worship, they could maybe spend that time doing nafl salaats, or learning quran, it would benefit them more, but this, it will greatly affect their start of heart, to a more empty one, and this leads the way for low imaan or even disbelief .
              --

Comment

the prophet (as) told us that as time goes on, people will leave islam in large groups and enter it in large groups.

if people leave it's because Allah has misguided them for whatever reason (probably love of the dunia which kills iman, but Allah knows while we dont know). all we can do is make dawa and dua for them.

but it's never going to 'stop and go away'. people are going to be switching sides until the end times. it will always be this way.
                I want your reflections on THIS Thread, please post!
                Abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light - And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel." [video]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X