I suffer from delusion of reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suffer from delusion of reference

I am scared when I read the Qur'an. I am afriad that the verses that condemn disbelievers, are signs when I read them. That I am also going to hell. So what do i do to stop thinking this way and think about Allah's mercy instead?
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: I suffer from delusion of reference

Put everything into perspective. Disbelievers have chosen the route, unless they wake up before its too late. May Allah guide them.

Read verses about His mercy and you will understand that those who are sincere will be in His mercy, ameen.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

all you need is knowledge; know what makes one kaafir and what don't; Quran says Allah will not let good deeds go to waste; scholars have explained that this refers to true believer; if you worship Allah with sincerity then you can expect to die on imaan

any verse of Quran popping up, is not a omen but a blessing for believer, for it is guidance from Allah!

Comment

bump
        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Comment

Whenever I read a verse from the Quran, I get all "frightened." Because I'm afraid it is going to be me.

And when I read what the believers get, I hope for Allah's (SWT) mercy to befall me.

The punishment is what hits me.

Ps. Let me clarify, because I don't want to think ill of my Lord. So please answer.

Allah SWT never misguides people. Cause in verses He says something along the line of (please don't take it literal word for word, as this is of what I can remember) "In their heart there were disease, so Allah SWT seized their disease."

I feel so bad, because I know Allah SWT is Kind and Ar - Rahman. His love is contagious etc.

So what is wrong with these people that they don't believe? I always wonder, whether it is themselves that chose it? Cause logic points at Islam 100%

What I'm saying is, there is not a single a person on this earth, were guidance hasn't been given, in whatever shape or form.

Ps. A hadith says, (This is from memory, so please don't judge me on this, I don't want to lie or say something wrong, as that is a great sin, so please don't take this 100% as authentic or word for word) that there would be such an increase in literature, that people will become Ignorant (how is this possible?)

I've come to the conclusion that: The effect of increase in knowledge, has brought decrease in wisdom.

I don't know. Please bear with me. I don't want to speak of a lie. So if there is something I've said that isn't true then CORRECT me. :)
          La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
          (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
          Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Why? Are you doing something wrong? If not, then don't let shaytan deceive you. Because he attacks people in different ways. Some he makes overconfident so they continue to sin until death while others he tries to make hopeless so they try and remain in fear until exhaustion.

Try to remain between fear and hope.

Comment

Originally posted by umm salabil View Post
              Why? Are you doing something wrong? If not, then don't let shaytan deceive you. Because he attacks people in different ways. Some he makes overconfident so they continue to sin until death while others he tries to make hopeless so they try and remain in fear until exhaustion.

Try to remain between fear and hope.
              thanks, but I feel that I don't have a right to feel hope. what do you think :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                thanks, but I feel that I don't have a right to feel hope. what do you think :jkk:
                Why do you feel that way? You have to have hope. It's a sin not to.

Comment

Originally posted by umm salabil View Post
                  Why do you feel that way? You have to have hope. It's a sin not to.
                  its that i have done a pattern of bad deeds that probably put me in a category of hypocrites. I've no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                    I am scared when I read the Qur'an. I am afriad that the verses that condemn disbelievers, are signs when I read them. That I am also going to hell. So what do i do to stop thinking this way and think about Allah's mercy instead?
                    Laila, how much of a preoccupation is this? Is it something that crosses your mind or something you think about all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuff View Post
                      Laila, how much of a preoccupation is this? Is it something that crosses your mind or something you think about all the time?
                      all the time, basically. why?

Comment

I know it doesn't feel like it, but this is a mercy from Allah (swt) and a great sign of humility and iman on your part that you often question your niyyah to the point of wondering whether you're a hypocrite. This is something the Sahaba (ra) also did. Umar (ra) constantly asked the Prophet (saw) "am i a hypocrite?" because he was so afraid of doing bad things or thinking bad thoughts etc that he kept asking until the Prophet (saw) had to reassure him that he wasn't.

There's a quote I saw the other day that the hypocrite is the one that believes he is safe from hypocrisy (ie he is so arrogant that he considers all his deeds to be correct and doesn't check or question himself) and that the true believer often lives in fear of being a hypocrite. Those aren't the exact words but that's the gist of the meaning. Actually I've just found the exact quote on this link, which is well worth reading:

http://www.qsep.com/modules.php?name...rticle&sid=560
                        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

You used the phrase "delusion of reference" which caught my eye. It's a word used by the psychiatric community.

A faithless person would tell you that you are suffering from the first stages of mental illness. Did someone suggest that to you?
                          You are a person of faith though-that's why you're here.

Any person of faith whether they be Muslim, Christian, Buddist etc may say what you are experiencing is a good thing as is the first stages of ego death. Muslims talk about "being a slave to Allah" essentially giving up yourself to him and....letting go, Catholics say the same thing (albeit in a different way) and the ultimate goal of a Buddist is to seek oneness with the whole that is God. All the same thing really. Your fear of hell is perhaps a tool that your subconsious is using to teach you .

I'm chatting btw, questioning, mulling over not 'telling' you I am right.

You fear hell...worse, you fear that you cannot avoid hell because you were born full of sin.
                          Surely the next step is to say "Allah, I am helpless, I need you to take my hand because I am nothing without you"

I think hell is being unable to give yourself to God/Allah.
                          I don't think you should be afraid. Shall I quote the words of Princess Elsa to you?

Comment

You used the phrase "delusion of reference" which caught my eye. It's a word used by the psychiatric community.

A faithless person would tell you that you are suffering from the first stages of mental illness. Did someone suggest that to you?
                            You are a person of faith though-that's why you're here.

Any person of faith whether they be Muslim, Christian, Buddist etc may say what you are experiencing is a good thing as is the first stages of ego death. Muslims talk about "being a slave to Allah" essentially giving up yourself to him and....letting go, Catholics say the same thing (albeit in a different way) and the ultimate goal of a Buddist is to seek oneness with the whole that is God. All the same thing really. Your fear of hell is perhaps a tool that your subconsious is using to teach you .

I'm chatting btw, questioning, mulling over not 'telling' you I am right.

You fear hell...worse, you fear that you cannot avoid hell because you were born full of sin.
                            Surely the next step is to say "Allah, I am helpless, I need you to take my hand because I am nothing without you"

I think hell is being unable to give yourself to God/Allah.
                            I don't think you should be afraid. Shall I quote the words of Princess Elsa to you?
                            yes plz

Comment

Muslims don't believe that we are Born sinful, that's a Christian belief to do with "Original sin" which is mankind carrying the sin of Adam, but Muslims believe that an individual is only responsible for his own actions and does not carry the sins of others. If someone was born carrying the sins of another then that would be unjust.

Comment

Working...
                              X