I suffer from delusion of reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I suffer from delusion of reference

can we say its a delusion of reference if its positive? Such as believing that Allah is being graceful and merciful to you when you see ayahs being gentle to the believers when you're down, or condemning bad things you're experiencing.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

bump some1 pls answer my question ^
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Comment

salaam sis i really dont know how i can help but ill give it a go inshallah. sister i experience the same thing when i read the Quran at times i feel like I'm the worst sinner on the planet and I'm doomed and sometimes i even think I'm destined for hell, i experience this when my iman constantly goes up and down and i feel high and low but i know that Allah SWT is testing me and making me stronger at the same time, i truly believe this. the thing that keeps me going sis in Allah SWT's mercy, eveytime i feel like I'm a goner i know that as long as I'm alive no matter how many times i sin or which sins i commit i truly know and i believe that when i repent Allah SWT will forgive me because Allah SWT is most forgiving and most merciful subhanallah.

we all sin we all make mistakes, we do stupid things time and time again but remember not all sinners are bad, Allah SWT loves those sinners who after sinning repent straight away. Allah SWT love to forgive so repent as much as you can, and btw true believers always at one point in their lives feel like their hypocrites, and feeling like this is a sign of iman so please sister dont think too much about the negative thoughts just increase your dhikr and for now read verses about Allah SWT's mercy and forgiveness. also sis watch a few islamic reminders on youtube, that gets me going all the time, i feel emotional and motivated to be a better muslim.

i know I'm not much help but i hope I've given some good advice, please stay strong and inshallah use ramadhan as an opportunity to refresh your iman inshallah :)

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
          can we say its a delusion of reference if its positive? Such as believing that Allah is being graceful and merciful to you when you see ayahs being gentle to the believers when you're down, or condemning bad things you're experiencing.
          No that's not a delusion of reference- that's a mercy from Allah (swt).
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
            No that's not a delusion of reference- that's a mercy from Allah (swt).
            alhamdulilah

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
              its that i have done a pattern of bad deeds that probably put me in a category of hypocrites. I've no chance.
              You are condemning yourself, and you sound obsessive in this.

This is not from the Islamic tradition at all.

Sister, I believe your whole take on this, your perspective, is wrong.

Sister, try to gain a more balanced view of sinning/forgiveness. Maybe read verses from the Quran, study hadith about mercy.

Here is an important hadith:

"I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: Allah the Almighty said: O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it. It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound."

Comment

Working...
              X