Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I feel terrible, Salat has just once again hit me hard

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
    Really? What's the position of Malki and imam Ahmed on this then?
    Do you follow a madhab out of curiosity? Which one do you follow?

Comment

Originally posted by Serinity View Post
      Am I right in saying it is a sin to think bad of Allah? To despair of Allah's mercy?
      That no matter what I've done, if I return to Allah, He SWT will love me?
      Cuz, I am in a state of confusion, and I just want a way out by calling towards Allah.

I just want Allah to love me, and I want Jannatul Firdaus. I just want to feel safe from His SWT Wrath.
      Of course I will never leave prayer.. I just miss the feeling of ease.

When I read your posts, I feel the Mercy of Islam lol.

The Mercy which I haven't felt in a while. Islam commands righteousness and mercy, it is a religion of ease and peace. If we find ourselves harsh and hateful etc. It is us not Islam.

:jkk:
      Yeah, when I am in my situation I get thoughts that our religion is harsh and demanding and too hard. But then its actually shaytaan.

Comment

Originally posted by Futurealimah View Post
        Brother pray and leave it to Allah. Leaving salah all together isn't the solution
        With Salat u will see that u could get rid of the Mental problem abt doubts in Ibadah
        Read :lahawla: regularly
        I have another question. Sometimes, I try my best to avoid this, but today I had to go toilet and re-do wudu, so it resulted in me having to delay Maghrib salat until near the start of Isha. So I had to resort to acting on the ruling about Maghrib ending at Isha start. people advised me to pray Maghrib before the earliest Isha start time for my area for precaution.

Unfortunately I couldn't get it started before the earliest, so I was only able to start and pray before a later Isha time of another mosque in my city. I also finshed before about 2 other Isha times from another mosque and a website.

So surely, can I be somewhat secure my Maghrib was kind of caught up and started?

I only really stick to one mosque for my prayer times, and their Isha time was 6:06. I finished Maghrib at 5:54.

Comment

Originally posted by someone12 View Post
          Yeah, when I am in my situation I get thoughts that our religion is harsh and demanding and too hard. But then its actually shaytaan.
          I feel the risk of trying is to fall into hypocrisy...

I feel like a hypocrite. I don't do dawah at college. I fight against my nafs, and shaytaan, but do no dawah... I fear becoming of those who conceal the truth.

I'll embrace the risk of hypocrisy I guess. What other way do I have?
          La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
          (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
          Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Serinity View Post
            I feel the risk of trying is to fall into hypocrisy...

I feel like a hypocrite. I don't do dawah at college. I fight against my nafs, and shaytaan, but do no dawah... I fear becoming of those who conceal the truth.

I'll embrace the risk of hypocrisy I guess. What other way do I have?

You sound alot like me. Also, since you have identical problems to me, I'd like to ask...how do you start salah? Do you easily make niyyah? Do you just straight away start with takbir?

I've been considering to do just that, and stop this innovation of saying the following words in my mind "I intend to offer to Allah allmighty, Fajr salat fard". Because it is pointless if I already know, and it allows shaytaan to confuse me, because this is what I really do in prayer "I intend to offer to Allah allmighty, Fajr salat fard.......Fajr salat fard......offer to Allah allmighty my lord....fajr salat fard, obligatory......fajr...ARRGHHH!" and then I start again and exhaust myself mentally and physically because I stand there for long. I sometimes end up being in the room for like 20+ minutes, and I haven't even started yet, just have this intention problem.

But insha'Allah, the next prayer is Fajr. With Allah's will, I'll get a good night sleep, wake up for Fajr, and make that be the first prayer where I STOP doing this innovation of thinking words in my head for intention.

Besides, a hadith says when a ,an asks the prophet to teach him how to pray, Muhammad (SAW) replied "face qiblah, say takbir...." and he said other instructions, but the first two are what catch my attention. He didn't say exhaust yourself or mentally say words for your intention, just say takbir. That is why I will do that insha'Allah, and if I feel like I am not in prayer after doing takbir in this way, then I shall ignore and increase khushu Insha'Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by someone12 View Post
              You sound alot like me. Also, since you have identical problems to me, I'd like to ask...how do you start salah? Do you easily make niyyah? Do you just straight away start with takbir?

I've been considering to do just that, and stop this innovation of saying the following words in my mind "I intend to offer to Allah allmighty, Fajr salat fard". Because it is pointless if I already know, and it allows shaytaan to confuse me, because this is what I really do in prayer "I intend to offer to Allah allmighty, Fajr salat fard.......Fajr salat fard......offer to Allah allmighty my lord....fajr salat fard, obligatory......fajr...ARRGHHH!" and then I start again and exhaust myself mentally and physically because I stand there for long. I sometimes end up being in the room for like 20+ minutes, and I haven't even started yet, just have this intention problem.

But insha'Allah, the next prayer is Fajr. With Allah's will, I'll get a good night sleep, wake up for Fajr, and make that be the first prayer where I STOP doing this innovation of thinking words in my head for intention.

Besides, a hadith says when a ,an asks the prophet to teach him how to pray, Muhammad (SAW) replied "face qiblah, say takbir...." and he said other instructions, but the first two are what catch my attention. He didn't say exhaust yourself or mentally say words for your intention, just say takbir. That is why I will do that insha'Allah, and if I feel like I am not in prayer after doing takbir in this way, then I shall ignore and increase khushu Insha'Allah.
              My problems mostly lies in wudhu - takes too much time.

Besides that, I have HUGE waswass problems, and thoughts of kufr, and disbelief... ;( I'd rather die and become a star or something, perish, than utter what I say.

What I fear most is, the waswass / disbelief becoming a part of me. :(

I'd rather perish, than utter what I have in mind.
              I also fear blind belief... Whatever. Hypocrisy is something I try to avoid. May Allah protect us from it. Ameen.

What I'd advice you - is to ignore those thoughts, and continue.
              For me, I can ignore them, but then they'll just come back again when I am busy / off guard.
              I face constant hardships and waswass of kufr and disbelief...
              Right now, I just want to know, and I know I am not responsible for these thoughts. But I fear they may become part of me, and thus I will held accountable. This may be waswass too.

I just seek Allah's love, and I certainly won't seek it through people's opinions, I will seek it myself. In sha Allah. I have had enough of arguements and people disagreeing, etc.

I don't take anyone's opinion, and if I am stuck with choosing one? I choose the most merciful / just one / sound one.

Sorry for my rant.

Just ignore those thoughts, and know that Allah is KNOWING of your hardships, and will NOT give up on you, you better not give up on yourself.
              La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
              (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
              Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                Yes having khushu' is not always easy, but as long as the salah gets done thats what matters most at the time.

Your last sentence, are you saying that a person can leave out salah just because he has intention of salah but trouble with khushu' ?

Hi. I have started doing something whereby I am hoping I can permanently get rid of this "intention problem". When it's Isha time, instead of thinking it "Isha Fard..Isha fard salat", I just want to simply acknowledge "Isha salat". That's it. Why do I need to use the word "fard" in my head. I already know, this is one of the 5 daily prayers at one of the 5 times, we all know it is fard. Is this fine? Is this what you do?

I know for certain I am not praying a sunnah or a nafl or a witr salah, so I'm certain I'm praying the fard, but to make things simple I just want to acknowledge "Isha salat" at Isha time, or "Fajr salat" at Fajr.

If I was doing a sunnah, I'd just know this is voluntary and is sunnah at know it is the certain time right now. But as of recent, because of my problems I have put voluntary prayers on hiatus.

And if I stand for prayer, and I know what I want to do deep down inside, but I still feel really confused and have no motivation to do the takbir, can I just resort to this, "Allah you know best. Allah has said many times in the Quran, there is nothing he isn't aware.Allah knows every little detail, he is all-knowing. There is no way Allah would be confused or not know my intention. There is nothing Allah doesn't know". And then just raise hands say Allahu akbar, whatever feelings hit my heart, ignore them. And then place my hands on my navel and start praying and finish, and simply hope Allah accepts. If I did do an accidental major mistake, then Allah will forgive me because there was nothing I could do because of this problem I have, and I never volunteered to have this problem.
                Last edited by someone12; 12-12-15, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X