I feel terrible, Salat has just once again hit me hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel terrible, Salat has just once again hit me hard

In my past, I've had some faults here and there. But now, it has become worse. I hope Allah gives me ease, and relieve of hardships rather than making it obligatory for me to repeat repeat repeat salat. Surely, Allah is better off either way, he doesn't need my salat so surely it's not a problem. The salat is for MY benefit, and when salat itself becomes hard for me, I ask Allah to relieve of stress. The one stress I suffer and worry, is the obligation to start a prayer all over again.

It was going well as recent as yesterday. However, today is when it all got ruined, my salat just feels, careless now. I found out I have been mispronouncing stuff for a while. And now, I have found it, it has ruined whatever khushu I can have. I think I am capable of pronouncing it (native language: English), but, to get it right I need to keep repeating the verse or the part to get it right or until I am satisfied. Furthermore, I am too busy on focusing on the pronunciation. I now am worried the salat's of my past, and even today, (I did not know before, the errors I used to do, surely Allah pardons me, I did not know Arabic, and how am I supposed to know if it changed the meaning?). But now I know, I try my best to do the correct one. So surely Allah will accept my salat's when I didn't know.

If there's one thing I hate it is repeating salat. I understand if I deliberately did something like missed ruku carelessly, but it stresses me when I am obliged to re-do when I did something with ignorance of a ruling or by accident.

Re: I feel terrible, Salat has just once again hit me hard

Originally posted by someone12 View Post
    In my past, I've had some faults here and there. But now, it has become worse. I hope Allah gives me ease, and relieve of hardships rather than making it obligatory for me to repeat repeat repeat salat. Surely, Allah is better off either way, he doesn't need my salat so surely it's not a problem. The salat is for MY benefit, and when salat itself becomes hard for me, I ask Allah to relieve of stress. The one stress I suffer and worry, is the obligation to start a prayer all over again.

It was going well as recent as yesterday. However, today is when it all got ruined, my salat just feels, careless now. I found out I have been mispronouncing stuff for a while. And now, I have found it, it has ruined whatever khushu I can have. I think I am capable of pronouncing it (native language: English), but, to get it right I need to keep repeating the verse or the part to get it right or until I am satisfied. Furthermore, I am too busy on focusing on the pronunciation. I now am worried the salat's of my past, and even today, (I did not know before, the errors I used to do, surely Allah pardons me, I did not know Arabic, and how am I supposed to know if it changed the meaning?). But now I know, I try my best to do the correct one. So surely Allah will accept my salat's when I didn't know.

If there's one thing I hate it is repeating salat. I understand if I deliberately did something like missed ruku carelessly, but it stresses me when I am obliged to re-do when I did something with ignorance of a ruling or by accident.
    Bro, you just need to do your best and then leave rest. May Allah accept your prayers. I assume you lately learned how to pray and so on. Well, what i know/hear is, when someone starts praying, they have some struggle, whether it be waswasa (whisperings of sheitan) or some other things. But when they get used to it, then it goes well.

I actually dont know why you keep repeating your prayer ? Is it like being obsession ? As you know, some people keep making wudu over and over again. So is it something like that ? Or is it because of recitation that you think that you didnt read well so you repeat again ?

Comment

:salams

You're thinking too much into it. Just do your best to pronounce and move on :insha:

It really should not be a burden.

Get a tajweed teacher to learn from him also, if possible.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Ernshrk View Post
        Bro, you just need to do your best and then leave rest. May Allah accept your prayers. I assume you lately learned how to pray and so on. Well, what i know/hear is, when someone starts praying, they have some struggle, whether it be waswasa (whisperings of sheitan) or some other things. But when they get used to it, then it goes well.

I actually dont know why you keep repeating your prayer ? Is it like being obsession ? As you know, some people keep making wudu over and over again. So is it something like that ? Or is it because of recitation that you think that you didnt read well so you repeat again ?
        No, but I USED to have obsession, and man were they hell! But this, it is just a matter of feeling complete. I want to feel complete, and just knowing there is something that may invalidate my prayer, makes me just get stressed in case I'm obliged to do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
          :salams

You're thinking too much into it. Just do your best to pronounce and move on :insha:

It really should not be a burden.

Get a tajweed teacher to learn from him also, if possible.
          Thanks brother.

Comment

Well, bro, i dont exactly know what invalidates your prayer as long as you know how to pray and you do your best. As i said, once you get used to it, you dont even think about whether you made rukoo or not, whether you made two sajda or one. You just make it in order after while without thinking much

Comment

Originally posted by Ernshrk View Post
              Well, bro, i dont exactly know what invalidates your prayer as long as you know how to pray and you do your best. As i said, once you get used to it, you dont even think about whether you made rukoo or not, whether you made two sajda or one. You just make it in order after while without thinking much
              Yeah, thanks bro. And just to let you know, I have been regularly praying 5 times a day since late May 2014. Throughout that time I have been learning and improving, so I started by doing incorrect, and then later changing the way I pray to correct way. For example, at first I used to pray 3 rakat for all prayer because I actually thought that was how it's done. I also never used to read surah fatiha, as I never knew it was fard. But, now I have majorly improved, and my recent problem is the one I have posted now. Thanks brother! Plus, Allah is merciful, it's not like I MISSED all those prayers. I've finished Isha. Surely now, I have the right to relax with the feeling of completion and without worrying that my prayer is incorrect? Surely Allah will accept, forgive and understand? Surely, I can relax, my duties are done.

Comment

Tommorrow I may need to pray Qada for Zuhr because I might miss it due to travelling (I think travelling is a valid excuse to delay prayers form fixed time). When I get home though, I am constantly worrying about tomorrow. I take too long to pray, and right after praying Zuhr Qada I will then pray Asr, which take me long. It worries me because it'll just feel like a chore, first thing when I get home. I also take a delay to understand my Niyyah. It is a problem, Niyyah should be the easiest, but I do not know why, rather than starting right away after laying the matt, I take 5 mins to start!

Comment

Try as far as possible not to miss your salah even in travelling. If your transport is willing to stop during the salah times then do pray.

You'r still struggling with niyyah, brother. Having intention is easy, not a chore. All you do is mentally intend of praying and you'r done.

Shouldnt take 5 minutes though.
                  “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                    Try as far as possible not to miss your salah even in travelling. If your transport is willing to stop during the salah times then do pray.

You'r still struggling with niyyah, brother. Having intention is easy, not a chore. All you do is mentally intend of praying and you'r done.

this ^_^
                    Through fire and water… From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak I fought with the Balrog of Morgoth… Until at last I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountain side… Darkness took me, and I strayed out of thought and time… The stars wheeled overhead, and every day was as long as a life age of the earth… But it was not the end. I felt life in me again. I've been sent back until my task is done.

http://media.giphy.com/media/125pZ6JB0FVrxe/giphy.gif

Comment

On the other hand I'm struggling to keep on remembrance of Allah SWT and to be grateful.

Is it okay if you take a break sometimes? Not a break from prayers, but just being religious 24/7?

I feel myself become insane. Or at least it feels like it.

When I started believing, my thoughts were clear. Now it feels like a cloud is constantly over my head.
                      La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                      (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
                      Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Serinity View Post
                        On the other hand I'm struggling to keep on remembrance of Allah SWT and to be grateful.

Is it okay if you take a break sometimes? Not a break from prayers, but just being religious 24/7?

I feel myself become insane. Or at least it feels like it.

When I started believing, my thoughts were clear. Now it feels like a cloud is constantly over my head.
                        Dont worry you will still be religious 24/7 as long as you dont commit sins, at least try your best not to.

Remembering Allah swt comes naturally, basically as a muslim you will behave as a muslim, and you will be fine; insha'allah ameen!
                        “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Dont worry you will still be religious 24/7 as long as you dont commit sins, at least try your best not to.

Remembering Allah swt comes naturally, basically as a muslim you will behave as a muslim, and you will be fine; insha'allah ameen!
                          That would easen my burdens. I do like to remember myself of Allah SWT, but in a good way. Not in a way that it tires me.

Being aware of Allah SWT watching you, is that enough??

Ps. whenever I come to my home land, I automatically become more "religious." Like I feel a lesser burden. Because Allah's SWT name is written on the walls of some of my relative's house, and the lifestyle there constantly reminds me of Allah SWT in a good way.
                          I don't want to sound like a preacher. But I feel at ease in my home country. More than here. Well how does that sound?

I mean, in my home country I feel more aware, because of my relatives constantly being in ibadah.

This is evident because last year, it made me feel bad (because of committed sins), and when I came here again, I planned on doing my prayers in June. (starting there) seems like I've started a bit earlier...

The thing I'm trying to say is, the environment, is probably the biggest (or one of) factor, to the reformation of the heart.

This has become a long post sorry.
                          La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                          (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
                          Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

It's just that I am in the middle of the school holidays, and usually I enjoy staying up late, but now because of that trip, I need to go to sleep early and it drives me crazy, not only because shortly after Isha salat I need to go to sleep, but the worry of how burdensome it will seem that I need to do Qada for Zuhr and THEN pray Asr right after. Here's the thing, I'd find salat easier if all these rulings weren't that harsh like "you MUST pronounce correct, otherwise invalid". Also, if I was saying Allahu Akber when going to sajda, but I accidentally said it wrong, can I repeat Allahu Akber and correct it, even if I am already at ease in sajda by the time I say it? I hope you understand.

I ask Allah to make acts of worship be easy for me, so much so that I actually look forward to them and do not worry about them like I am worrying about tomorrow and how I need to do Qada Zuhr and Asr all in one go! It's just when I come home, I feel worn out, but instead upon coming home I gotta do all this. Go toilet, clean myself, change clothes, do wudu and then come to the salat.

But Insha'Allah, it'll be easy for me. I supplicate to Allah.

Comment

With regards to intention, I do not know why it is hard for acts of worship to Allah. I just want to instantly start. I understand you intend to do it for Allah, but do you have to be sincere from the heart that it's for Allah. It is because of being sincere that I stand there and delay. Do you HAVE to be sincere to Allah. Let's be honest, we do not all have the capability to be sincere, because our Imaan is up and down, so if I'm not capable I cannot do something, then Allah does not burden me beyond my scope. So I should carry on.

I lose confidence as some say "knowledge isn't enough for Niyyah" and "Allah will throw things that weren't intended for him, into hell". With regards to being serious, yes, I am serious and certain I am going to perform Wudu to be pure. But by sincere, I am being sincere it is for Allah. The best I can do is just imagine it is for Allah. I can only hope it valid. Does remembering Allah during it help?

Can't I just intend to do wudu/salat alone? Why do I even need to state it's for Allah. Allah is the one who enjoined it, surely it automatically goes to him? But yeah, is imagining it for Allah enough? And with regard to those who say knowledge isn't enough?

Comment

Working...
                              X