Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are the basics you should learn before studying islam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are the basics you should learn before studying islam?

memorize the quran+learn arabic, so after that where should you move on from that point? (im speaking prerequisites here)
    --

Re: what are the basics you should learn before studying islam?

You should learn the faraid ayn first and for that you dont need prerequisites, you just need to ask a scholar/learn from their book/site

Comment

Not only learn arabic but mastering the Quranic arabic; that will take like 30 years. Then you can go on to the next stage

Comment

Originally posted by Don't forget View Post
        memorize the quran+learn arabic, so after that where should you move on from that point? (im speaking prerequisites here)
        I would like to know this too. I researched but knowledge is never ending, and from the very beginning you are actually studying Islam. Memorizing the Qur'an is a lifelong journey- I mean, you can become a hafiz in a year, or less or more, depends but once you finish, you go over it, devoting the meaning of Allah's words. Make sure you devote some time, even if it is ten minutes a day, to that. To study deen,it's helpful to have memorized it all, but if you memorize a good portion, 10 juz, 15 juz, you can study little by little the rest, and organize a timetable.

But if you decided to devote yourself to Qur'an or Arabic first, that's good as well. After that, you'd have to go into an in-depth study of Aqeedah, which is Islamic Creed which goes through Tawheed, the Oneness of Allah, the pillars of Iman, and things like that, wait....I'll find a link, it'll be much easier than to bore you with a long post. Read through the article in the link, and pay attention to the part that starts with 'What books should I study?' Most of what is above is reminders, but past that point, you'll find out what you're looking for insha Allah.

http://islamqa.info/en/20191
        Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Originally posted by Don't forget View Post

I would like to know this too. I researched but knowledge is never ending, and from the very beginning you are actually studying Islam. Memorizing the Qur'an is a lifelong journey- I mean, you can become a hafiz in a year, or less or more, depends but once you finish, you go over it, devoting the meaning of Allah's words. Make sure you devote some time, even if it is ten minutes a day, to that. To study deen,it's helpful to have memorized it all, but if you memorize a good portion, 10 juz, 15 juz, you can study little by little the rest, and organize a timetable.

But if you decided to devote yourself to Qur'an or Arabic first, that's good as well. After that, you'd have to go into an in-depth study of Aqeedah, which is Islamic Creed which goes through Tawheed, the Oneness of Allah, the pillars of Iman, and things like that, wait....I'll find a link, it'll be much easier than to bore you with a long post. Read through the article in the link, and pay attention to the part that starts with 'What books should I study?' Most of what is above is reminders, but past that point, you'll find out what you're looking for insha Allah.

http://islamqa.info/en/20191
          Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

for those who have responded thank you. as for the op id like to clarify that i meant thr basics to know befofe a *formal* education.
            --

Comment

:salams

Learn about the five pillars of Islam first.
              Allah is so Great and Merciful that although we continue to disobey Him, He still awaits for our repentance so that He may forgive us.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X