Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me quit coffee.

:salams

I'm a hardcore coffee lover/addict but I need to quit because my tummy don't like and I hate getting sick.
    so, any ex-coffee addicts/lovers, how did you quit? stop all at once? cut down drinks? replaced with something else? WHAT WORKS?!!!

My tummy appreciates all help. :jkk:

BTW - I've learnt something I wish to share but don't want to search for the 'what did you learn' thread.
    I learnt that as long as you trust Allah to take care of you and your needs, He actually does.
    Yeah we always get told that but I never actually implemented it but now I have and Alhamdulilah its a blessing to hand over all my worries to Him

Ok back to coffee and quitting tips, now.
    Last edited by Rebel101; 26-03-15, 12:10 AM. Reason: *QUITTING*
    Gone with the wind.

Re: Help me quit coffee.

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
    :salams

I'm a hardcore coffee lover/addict but I need to quit because my tummy don't like and I hate getting sick.
    so, any ex-coffee addicts/lovers, how did you quit? stop all at once? cut down drinks? replaced with something else? WHAT WORKS?!!!

My tummy appreciates all help. :jkk:

BTW - I've learnt something I wish to share but don't want to search for the 'what did you learn' thread.
    I learnt that as long as you trust Allah to take care of you and your needs, He actually does.
    Yeah we always get told that but I never actually implemented it but now I have and Alhamdulilah its a blessing to hand over all my worries to Him

Ok back to coffee and quitting tips, now.
    Always when you want coffee give yourslef a slap.

The pain will make you forget the coffee.

I'm serious.

Allahu Alam
    https://twitter.com/AoufF
    https://www.facebook.com/Striving4De...page_new_likes

Please share follow/like and invite your friends and family to it!

Comment

Ok. W.e. just check your pm so I can log out of this place and do my business.

BTW- I tried to help with your addiction by telling you to give me your coffee, but what did you do, huh? Greedy girl....
      Last edited by *sheba*; 26-03-15, 01:36 AM.
      O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by StrivingforDeen View Post
        Always when you want coffee give yourslef a slap.

The pain will make you forget the coffee.

I'm serious.

Allahu Alam
        Thank you, but the pain i feel after drinking coffee is equal to a slap but I still do it coz I'm weak.
        I need tips and tricks that will stop me craving coffee.

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
        Ok. W.e. just check your pm so I can log out of this place and do my business.

BTW- I tried to help with your addiction by telling you to give me your coffee, but what did you do, Huh? Greedy girl....
        lol. loserrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. done. you can log out now, not that u will, you sure do love your ummah forum addiction. :p
        Gone with the wind.

Comment

Thank you, but the pain i feel after drinking coffee is equal to a slap but I still do it coz I'm weak.
          I need tips and tricks that will stop me craving coffee.

lol. loserrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. done. you can log out now, not that u will, you sure do love your ummah forum addiction. :p
          Just learn to inflict pain upon yourself.

And drink some water.
          https://twitter.com/AoufF
          https://www.facebook.com/Striving4De...page_new_likes

Please share follow/like and invite your friends and family to it!

Comment

i quit drinking coffee coz i was drinking like maybe 12 cups a day and it was making me stressed and messing with my sleep
            i tried to cut down but that didnt really work it was either a lot of the stuff or nothing i couldnt have just one a day
            the first morning after you stop drinking it is pretty brutal it took maybe two weeks for me to stop feeling super tired.
            now i drink a lot of tea so maybe you can substitute that for coffee
            also eat an apple in the morning this helps you wake up
            green tea is good too and really healthy
            Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

How many cups you drink everyday?

I don't drink more than one cup a day just because I can't get any sleep at night.

Maybe try replacing with english tea.

Comment

Salams,

I used to drink a lot of coffee during my undergraduate years, so much so, that I developed a very painful ulcer. A sister suggested that I switch it out with what I recall was called a "steamer" which was essentially steamed hot milk (you know, with that espresso machine thingy" with a flavour shot. that seemed to work. Alhamdulillah my ulcer went away after a few years. I eventually went back to coffee, but only one cup a day. I also heard that green tea is a great alternative to coffee. It's a hot beverage and plus I believe there is just enough caffeine in it to give you the fix you need. Maybe someone can collaborate that?

Comment

Why would you stop coffee o.O?

Anyways if you're that bent on it, just stop yourself from drinking it, first few days you'll have some headaches and within a week or so you'll be fine. The rest is your mental urge to enjoy it.

Caffeine is awesome and beneficial, so anyone talking non-sense about it being 'bad' just doesn't have a clue. As far as side effects, well, if you are sensitive to anxiety/stimulants you just shouldn't take as much and ease into it, otherwise everyone can benefit from coffee/caffeine.

The 'harms' of caffeine come combined with an unhealthy life style, drinking alcohol, smoking, eating garbage, too much sugar (negates benefits of coffee too) etc... which will lead to a shortened life span.

However those that actually lead a healthy life style, eat healthy, are active, etc... if they take coffee, they will reap all the benefits of caffeine and live longer.

Long studies have concluded such results.

So suit yourself whichever way you want.

Those complaining of being unable to sleep, well duh, it's a stimulant if you take it at night you'll have excess energy and not be able to fall asleep, you'll be awake, alert, focused, not ready to sleep.

Those consumming excess caffeine as mentioned in this thread, DUH... you're going to develop anxiety and stress, caffeine elevates slightly testosterone (which is great) but also elevates cortisol (stress hormone) excess of it will lead to excess cortisol combined with anxiety, combined with your probable habbit of over working and under sleeping yeah you're gonna be stressed. It's not coffee to blame, your life style is to blame.
                  Last edited by Ahmed2013; 26-03-15, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Jazakum Allah khayr guys.

@ random - I used to drink upto 4-5 cups but cut it down to mostly 1 everyday, but even that I cant cope with anymore.

@ Ahmed - Coffee is good and all, I too have read the scientific research findings on its benefit, but it makes me sick although I exercise and eat healthy due to health condition so every time I drink coffee I experience all sorts of annoying/painful symptoms. I'm going to cut it out for a few weeks and then see if my stomach can handle 1 cup a day, if not then guess it will be no coffee for me for good. How sad.
                    Gone with the wind.

Comment

@ random - I used to drink upto 4-5 cups but cut it down to mostly 1 everyday, but even that I cant cope with anymore.
                      I thought you were in health care profession yourself? You should know if coffee would suit your health conditions or not? Coffee is good for health and all that but it does make people feel sick you consumed excessively. I can't handle more than one a day. I just have one in the morning so it clears before I go to bed, otherwise can't sleep.

Comment

Read the Ultramind Solution by Mark Hyman.

Comment

@ Ahmed - Coffee is good and all, I too have read the scientific research findings on its benefit, but it makes me sick although I exercise and eat healthy due to health condition so every time I drink coffee I experience all sorts of annoying/painful symptoms. I'm going to cut it out for a few weeks and then see if my stomach can handle 1 cup a day, if not then guess it will be no coffee for me for good. How sad.
                          What's your condition if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X