Giving nasiha to one who has consumed alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving nasiha to one who has consumed alcohol

Salaam, quick question. I have an associate/colleague that I know through volunteering in the local Muslim-based community center who is from a Muslim family. I've known this person for like over a year from her coming to the community center but everytime we break for salat she never prays with us. And I know she doesn't pray, I would like to give dawah to this person and help her start praying her salat (I know for a fact she doesn't pray) she was supposed to come to the center last Friday but when I asked her why she didn't come to the center last Friday, she revealed to me that she was drunk. During that conversation I started talking to her about Islam, and told her that I want to help her get back on deen. But even if I managed to get her to start praying again it wouldn't be accepted anyway for 40 days since she's drunk alcohol less than a week ago. Should I just give this person nasiha to take sahadah all over again to nullify her bad deeds since technically she was out the fold anyway for not praying? Because I fear that if I inform her about the 40 day ban on salat that she may refuse t pray altogether because her iman is in a super fragile state right now.

Re: Giving nasiha to one who has consumed alcohol

Wassalam, there is no thing as banned from salah it still is compulsory to pray salah in all cases.

Gently enforce that she prays and continue the advice. Get some women on the job.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Maybe the issue is psychological with her ,bieng addicted to alchohol . She may require Islamic Counselling as the sister above mentioned from preferably a female.

It'd help the Ummah if we had more of those Alchoholics Anonymous Islamic groups to support such kind of people. This doesn't seem to be an isolated issue among Muslims today, infact a lot of Muslims are getting hooked to alchohol,drugs,cigs,etc. I've even had practicing friends explain how beer is not khamr, coz the alchohol content is minimal, lol. And these are people who call themselves Syed(descendents of the Prophet (salahualayhi wasalam).

Getting drunk esp. when it's a person who professes to be a Muslim needs to be made aware, how clear cut haram alchohol is.

It might help explaining to her the negative effects of alchohol on the mind and body and why Allah has forbidden it.

Let me see, if i can dig up some links which i'll post later on. :insha:

Comment

The link below describes the Short term and long term effects of alchohol use. There's also a documentary on the side and free information kit for educators. The information kit though might need some modification to cater to the Muslim alcholic or drug user. Nevertheless, excellent site with useful info. http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfac...m-effects.html

Comment

Alright , i just reread your post. I kinda missed the part where you said : ' I know she doesn't pray . ' before you found out she got drunk.
          So, the issue could be more of an underlying Iman issue. Does she believe Salah is compulsory ? Is she ignorant of the rulings ? Or just a cultural Muslim ? Either way , it'd be better to direct her to an Islamic forum or practicing sisters.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X