Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if I forgot why I was going to repeat this prayer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if I forgot why I was going to repeat this prayer?

Say if I once did something wrong in a salat weeks ago, back then I knew, but now, I don't even remember what made this salat invalid, or why I was going to repeat it?

Should I still repeat it, or only repeat the salat that I KNOW and REMEMBER the error?

Re: What if I forgot why I was going to repeat this prayer?

You could perform some nafl salaah that would compensate for any wrong you did not remember. Insha'allah.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
      You could perform some nafl salaah that would compensate for any wrong you did not remember. Insha'allah.
      Really? So I can just move on from it and do sunnah? Even if I remember it was something that was invalid, though I do not really remember.

Comment

Yes because you cannot remember even if you did something wrong its all part of doubtful thinking so yeah, just do extra as nafl.

Comment

I do my last part of my prayer in English, where I give my sallams to the prophet Muhammad :SAW: and Ibrahim (AS) and their families and companies etc? The last bit of the last bit, I do in English, is that okay?
          La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
          (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
          Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

No other language is allowed in salah besides Arabic.

You can make all your duas out of salah but read the prescribed duas in salah.

Comment

Okay I'll try to memorize the last bit then. :)
              La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
              (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'

Comment

Its not difficult. May Allah make it ease for you:)

Comment

True, it is just like I feel the last bit is a tat bit different than the things I'm used to say. Sometimes I get lost in pronounciation, and miss out a word, which I fill in with a word I think of, which makes sense, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Serinity View Post
                    True, it is just like I feel the last bit is a tat bit different than the things I'm used to say. Sometimes I get lost in pronounciation, and miss out a word, which I fill in with a word I think of, which makes sense, I guess.
                    I've always wondered that. Is there any that plainly says you must speak Arabic?

Comment

You see the Qur'an was revealed in Arabic, and Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam has taught us to perform salah as it was revealed, so no changes can be made.

With practice you will memorize the duas easily:)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                        You see the Qur'an was revealed in Arabic, and Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam has taught us to perform salah as it was revealed, so no changes can be made.

With practice you will memorize the duas easily:)
                        Yeah, and also, old Arabic is actually quite a difficult language to interpret.

Rabbil Alameen, some translations say it means "Lord of the Worlds" others say "Lord of the universe". Regardless its the same meaning, these two words give you an insight and understanding of what Alameen defines.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X