Sometimes I don't wear my seat belt when I'm driving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

Excuse me if I don't accept your faulty reasoning.

Let me ask though, does your list of things you 'can't avoid' include working in a supermarket where you may be handling alcohol?
    No I don't follow sheikh Haitian al haddad opinion of working in alcohol stores is doing alcohols whether it is sainsbury

as abu tawheed said in other thread even public transport are linked with Riba

so what do you do walk 10 miles to work make your family walk 10 20 miles to relatives family or weddings walk another 30 miles to airport when you need to go abroad who are also linked with Riba one way or another so you must swim your way to other countries after walking

Comment

• Originally posted by salaam_7cgen View Post

No I don't follow sheikh Haitian al haddad opinion of working in alcohol stores is doing alcohols whether it is sainsbury...
      Which is baffling because providing for your family is more important than driving a car. One is an obligation and the other is a choice.

...as abu tawheed said in other thread even public transport are linked with Riba...
      Yes, but not by you, and not willingly.

We pay taxes to the government so does this mean we should donate voluntarily to their causes? What about charities that support military vets and families - should we help them? The answer is obviously no even though you 'give' to government.

...so what do you do walk 10 miles to work make your family walk 10 20 miles to relatives family or weddings walk another 30 miles to airport when you need to go abroad who are also linked with Riba one way or another so you must swim your way to other countries after walking
      This shows your immaturity in thinking. You can walk/cycle or you can get public transport. In extreme circumstances, hire a car. Now the argument is that the hire car would still be insured but I'll explain why this reasoning is faulty. Hiring a car for a day is not equal to owning a car and paying insurance constantly. The argument is similar to consuming something haram in times of extreme hardship - it does't mean that you can consume haram all the time just because you did so that one time when you had no choice.

It's not difficult to understand except for you two brain geniuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
        Which is baffling because providing for your family is more important than driving a car. One is an obligation and the other is a choice.

Yes, but not by you, and not willingly.

We pay taxes to the government so does this mean we should donate voluntarily to their causes? What about charities that support military vets and families - should we help them? The answer is obviously no even though you 'give' to government.

This shows your immaturity in thinking. You can walk/cycle or you can get public transport. In extreme circumstances, hire a car. Now the argument is that the hire car would still be insured but I'll explain why this reasoning is faulty. Hiring a car for a day is not equal to owning a car and paying insurance constantly. The argument is similar to consuming something haram in times of extreme hardship - it does't mean that you can consume haram all the time just because you did so that one time when you had no choice.

It's not difficult to understand except for you two brain geniuses.
        You just answered your own question hiring car is still under Riba

Riba is Riba whether you deal with it directly indirectly it's Riba

from the second you are using this whether hired car public transport you have linked yourself with Riba

What are you doing with hiring car paying and if you do it consistently your still paying same with public transport

Your just simply arguing lesser do the 2 evil which varies from one person to another situation

it's like.my friend once said who a alim guys who simply use their cars to enjoy with their friends cruise does Riba excuse for cars apply to them on contrirary compared to a person who does need one for whatever reason he needs to get it as not getting it will put him in greater harm because of the law of the country he gets caught by police what happeneds next

Your argument is like the one who says the one who hires a hitman is slightly better then the one who murders someone himself
        Last edited by salaam_7cgen; 28-07-18, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by salaam_7cgen View Post

You just answered your own question hiring car is still under Riba

Riba is Riba whether you deal with it directly indirectly it's Riba

from the second you are using this whether hired car public transport you have linked yourself with Riba

What are you doing with hiring car paying and if you do it consistently your still paying same with public transport

Your just simply arguing lesser do the 2 evil which varies from one person to another situation

it's like.my friend once said who a alim guys who simply use their cars to enjoy with their friends cruise does Riba excuse for cars apply to them on contrirary compared to a person who does need one for whatever reason he needs to get it as not getting it will put him in greater harm because of the law of the country he gets caught by police what happeneds next

Your argument is like the one who says the one who hires a hitman is slightly better then the one who murders someone himself
          This is badly written and so immature that it's not worth my time to type out a response to each and every point.

Comment

• If car insurance really is haram then thats just tough

Comment

• Is car insurance haraam? Or is there a valid difference of opinion? (Just wondering, i don't own a car myself yet)
              Sorry i haven't had chance to read through 15 pages yet.
              And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
              [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

• Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                Is car insurance haraam? Or is there a valid difference of opinion? (Just wondering, i don't own a car myself yet)
                Sorry i haven't had chance to read through 15 pages yet.
                The topic starts on page 11 it seems to be a minority opinion based on how you personally apply the general opinion where scholars say it is haram but there is a need for it and ypu can't break the law so we have no choice.
                Last edited by usernametaken; 10-11-18, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by usernametaken View Post

The topic starts on page 11 it seems to be a minority opinion based on how you personally apply the general opinion where scholars say it is haram but there is a need for it and ypu can't break the law so we have no choice.
                  What?

Comment

• I might not have worded it best.

Comment

• Is car insurance really haram? I'm confused about this topic.

Comment

Is car insurance really haram? I'm confused about this topic.
                        Oh dear.

Comment

• If it is i might just have a burn out

Comment

If it is i might just have a burn out
                            You'll wear out your tyres.

-_-

Comment

Working...
                            X