Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But This Day Those Who Believe Will Laugh at the disbelievers

Excerpt from Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Surat Al-Mutaffifīn

(29. Verily, those who committed crimes used to laugh at those who believed.) (30. And, whenever they passed by them, used to wink one to another.) (31. And when they returned to their own people, they would return jesting; ) (32. And when they saw them, they said: "Verily, these have indeed gone astray!'') (33. But they were not sent as watchers over them.) (34. But this Day those who believe will laugh at the disbelievers) (35. On thrones, looking.) (36. Are not the disbelievers paid for what they used to do)

Allah informs that the criminals used to laugh at the believers in the worldly life. In other words, they would mock them and despise them. Whenever they would pass by the believers, they would wink at each other about them, meaning in contempt of them.

وَإِذَا انقَلَبُواْ إِلَى أَهْلِهِمْ انقَلَبُواْ فَكِهِينَ

(And when they returned to their own people, they would return jesting.) meaning, when these criminals turn back, or return to their homes, they go back pleased. This means that whatever they request, they find it. Yet, with this, they still are not grateful for Allah's favor upon them. Rather they busy themselves with despising and envying the believers.

وَإِذَا رَأَوْهُمْ قَالُواْ إِنَّ هَـؤُلاَءِ لَضَآلُّونَ

(And when they saw them, they said: "Verily, these have indeed gone astray!'') meaning, `because they are upon a religion other than their own religion.' Allah then says,

وَمَآ أُرْسِلُواْ عَلَيْهِمْ حَـفِظِينَ

(But they were not sent as watchers over them.) meaning, these criminals have not been sent as guardians over the deeds and statements of these believers. These wrongdoers have not been made responsible for them. So, why are they so concerned with them, and why have they made them the focus of their attention This is as Allah says,

قَالَ اخْسَئُواْ فِيهَا وَلاَ تُكَلِّمُونِ
    إِنَّهُ كَانَ فَرِيقٌ مِّنْ عِبَادِى يَقُولُونَ رَبَّنَآ ءَامَنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَا وَأَنتَ خَيْرُ الرَحِمِينَ - فَاتَّخَذْتُمُوهُمْ سِخْرِيّاً حَتَّى أَنسَوْكُمْ ذِكْرِى وَكُنْتُمْ مِّنْهُمْ تَضْحَكُونَ - إِنِّى جَزَيْتُهُمُ الْيَوْمَ بِمَا صَبَرُواْ أَنَّهُمْ هُمُ الْفَآئِزُونَ

(He (Allah) will say: "Remain you in it with ignominy! And speak you not to Me!'' Verily there was a party of My servants, who used to say: "Our Lord! We believe, so forgive us, and have mercy on us, for You are the Best of all who show mercy!'' But you took them for a laughing stock, so much so that they made you forget My remembrance while you used to laugh at them! Verily, I have rewarded them this Day for their patience: they are indeed the ones that are successful.) (23:108-111) Thus, Allah says here,

فَالْيَوْمَ

(But this Day) meaning, the Day of Judgement.

الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ مِنَ الْكُفَّارِ يَضْحَكُونَ

(those who believe will laugh at the disbelievers) meaning, as retribution for how those people laughed at them.

عَلَى الاٌّرَآئِكِ يَنظُرُونَ

(On thrones, looking.) meaning, looking at Allah as reward for bearing the false claims against them that they were misguided. They were not misguided at all. Rather they were the close Awliya' of Allah, who will be looking at their Lord in the place of His honor. Concerning Allah's statement,

هَلْ ثُوِّبَ الْكُفَّارُ مَا كَانُواْ يَفْعَلُونَ

(Are not the disbelievers paid for what they used to do) meaning, `will the disbelievers be recompensed for their mockery and belittlement against the believers, or not' This means that they surely will be paid in full, completely and perfectly (for their behavior). This is the end of the Tafsir of Surat Al-Mutaffifin, and all praise and thanks are due to Allah.
    And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. - سورة الطلاق : 3

Re: But This Day Those Who Believe Will Laugh at the disbelievers

I was remembering these ayaat the other day :love:

:jkk: for sharing.

Comment

i love these ayat, makes things a lot easier when people take the micky of you for doing something islamic, ie making wudoo in a public bathroom etc
      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Ah. I love them! They gave me the Old good perspective of WHO Allah really is. He is the Just.

Ps. I just tend to ignore what the disbelievers say. As I don't want them to get in the way on my path. Hopefully this doesn't sound arrogant.

Though I've read an ayaat, saying "Don't they see what comparisions they give you?" And "Don't you see that they take their own "gods" as their own desires?"

Not completely word by Word though.

This time around, it seems like today is like the old Mecca. Full of ignorance. Yet we have soo much knowledge, still there is soo much ignorance. It helps a lot to think the todays times, like in the days of the Prophet Muhammad :saw:
        Last edited by Serinity; 06-03-15, 08:45 AM.
        La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
        (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
        Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

I love this :love: :jkk: for sharing with us
          Last edited by *sheba*; 06-03-15, 08:55 AM.
          O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Bump.

Hope you are okay and you are just too busy for ummah forum.

May Allah protect you, your iman and health. May He give you khair in dunya and akhirah.

Ameen :love:
            O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

may Allah protect you. Ameen

:love:

Comment

Pertinent and powerful. May Allah protect our sister.
                اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ

Comment

:applouse:
                  JazakiAllah khayrun sister, that was beautiful. May Allah forgive us and build for us a house in jannah. Ameen

Comment

great thread ma sha Allah, Alhamdulilah so resonating.
                    Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
                    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
                    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
                    (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                    X