Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salah is difficult, all of a sudden, attack from Shaytaan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salah is difficult, all of a sudden, attack from Shaytaan?

This recently happened, and I honestly wish I hadn't learned too much about what nullifies salat, because the curiosity killed the cat. I learned that INTENDING to break your prayer breaks the
    prayer, because it breaks niyat. Well, I ended becoming one that majorly overburdened myself.

It all started one day, cannot remember which prayer. I was praying, normal. And the events happened as followed.

1.) Praying

2.) See's some clothes hanging at the corner of eye, which are sort of distracting.Keep in mind, there is no point in me going somewhere else to pray. I've been praying with things surrounding me for months, and khushoo was okay. My best option is to ignore, but that is very hard when 3.) comes into effect.

3.) Debates in head whether to get rid of clothes and start again. Tries to abstain from thoughts and instead just carry on prayer.

4.) Tries to acknowledge that "I didn't make an official intention that I'm going to stop praying".

5.) Starts to doubt that debating about it invalidates prayer.

6.) Shaytaan starts to win and whisper, using 5.) to support his whisper.

6.) Khushoo collapses and thoughts about stopping prayer enter mind.

7.) "Supposed" intention to stop praying becomes increasingly real as the doubt increases greatly, and boom. I end up throwing my hands up and breaking the prayer, under the impression that I intended to break prayer, so I stop it.

(Essentially, the above steps is like how poison is spilled into something, and how effect slowly taken)

I start to sob and get frustrated, and even angry and shake my fists. I weep stuff like, "O Allah! Make this stop! Salah has become a nightmare!". If I were to continue the prayer with the doubt, and if I weren't to break it, then I would finish the prayer, and have severe doubts it was nullified.

That I'm angry and frustrated, I get doubts that "has my wudu broken because it is being insane?" . Alhamdulillah, I am not an insane person. I am not from a mental asylum. I acknowledge very well these are waswas, but how do I acknowledge that if they trouble me, Allah (SWT) will accept my prayer and be on my side if I continue the prayer? I think of things Allah himself said in Quran, he does not want to task us beyond our scope or capability. Also, the Prophet Muhammad said that religion is really easy, and that it's hard for those overburdening themselves (which is what I do by giving into the waswas).

So can you guys tell me, no matter how convincing it seems that I intended to break salah, no matter how real it seems, will Allah accept my prayer if I continue it? Surely I shall shrug it off as a whisper, no matter how certain I feel. Isn't niyat a quality of the heart?

I know intention is something of the heart, but trust me, intention has been holding me back. It takes a delay to start wudu and salah. Before I could start instantly. Now it's a burden.

When praying Zuhr an hour ago, it took over FIVE attempts just to get the fard done. Before I already did a four sunnah rakats, so I then being there for so long and not getting fard done, made me feel like "I don't want to pray anymore!". I was in the mood to just go downstairs. But Alhamdulillah, I was able to finish it.....with low khushoo, worry about it being nullified because something I did, and doubt.

I'm now dreading the coming hour, because I pray to Allah this doesn't occur in Asr. I want it to be like the good ole days, just pray, and that's that. The only reason I'd pray again would be sunnah or nafl. Prayer feels like something that is not straightforward. Even when I have khushoo, it has always felt like something that when you make any little mistake, it's broken. It feels like strict conditions. I do one little thing, invalid. How can I acknowledge for what it TRULY is.

I take it that the Zuhr I did, I don't need to do it again. Surely doing it again is like treating it as a burden. I even did four sunnah rakats before zuhr. (Did I mention I broke the sunnah prayer 2-3 times before praying it fully).

I try to think, that I shouldn't stop, Allah has commanded me to pray, but...Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by someone12; 15-02-15, 02:00 PM.

Re: Salah is difficult, all of a sudden, attack from Shaytaan?

maybe its not you making the intention, maybe its waswasah talking over you?

say audhobillahi minash shaytaani rajeem bismillahi rahmani raheem before praying
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I do, but still occurs :-(. I need to control myself.

Comment

Also, what is the TRUE meaning of an intention? I pray in fear and pressure. Some will say just don't intend. It seems straightforward, but Insha'Allah, I hope all goes well from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by someone12 View Post
          I do, but still occurs :-(. I need to control myself.
          can you distinguish your own thoughts from shaytaan's whispers?
          وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
            can you distinguish your own thoughts from shaytaan's whispers?
            That is an excellent question. The answer is, not really. I am for certain/very convinced that I intended to break it, at the same time I know that by breaking the prayer I gave into a whisper. So no not really, I cannot distinguish. At least in the late stages in the chain of events I mentioned above.

Comment

Believe in Allah, even if you think / doubt you have nullified your prayer, continue. Don't act on doubts, or insecurities. Please, you'll only oppress yourself. If you've doubt, continue, because only Allah chooses if it is nullified or not, so if you doubt, IF you have the intention in heart, to not nullify, regardless of thoughts, if you in your heart, know that you want to pray, keep praying.

Know that only Allah can accept your prayers. Don't act on the basis of doubt, since doubt will lead to waswasa.

I'm serious. This happened to me too. What I did, was I hoped for Allah to accept my prayer regardless. and think of your Lord as Merciful, as He should be thought like that.

Before initating prayer, try to clear your thoughts, like don't think about anything, clear your thoughts. And while doing prayer do not think / ie. don't use your brain, to the point where you start thinking or speaking to yourself.

When in prostration, where you're closest to Allah, ask of Allah to protect you, and forgive you for the thoughts you're having. Since Allah is the Oft- forgiving, and Merciful, he can read your smallest intent of the heart. He is Wise, and Just, so He already knows your distress.

Occupy your mind with remembrance of Allah, and by time passes it'll dissappear. Remember, Allah (SWT) didn't intend to make His religion (Islam) difficult.

I admit you got me worried.
              Last edited by Serinity; 15-02-15, 03:01 PM.
              La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
              (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
              Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

SubhanAllah,
                reading your post really surprised me because I suffer from the SAME EXACT problem, just like you described in your steps from 1-7 (except mine was not about clothes) after reading that intending to break the Salah breaks it. I thought I was the only one.
                Alhamdulillah, it is starting to decrease, but still happens from time to time.

I was told no matter how strong the thoughts, just ignore it and continue
                Ignore while you still can, because if you don't, it may get stronger as the shayateen will get fun out of making you stop your prayer.

And make dua to Allah to protect you from the jinn and shayateen.
                Last edited by Sfe995; 15-02-15, 08:56 PM.

Comment

You're really worrying me, and to be honest, this happens to me too, yet I tend to ignore it. For me it's worst during Wudhu, I always seem to blow Wind in the process of doing Wudhu. I have to break this bad thing.

Now think like this, you're disobeying Allah if you give into the doubt. So even if you do AS LONG as it is a doubt, you HAVE to continue. You've to break this vicious circle by breaking this habit. How? Absolutely ignore the doubt, even if you're concious of it, if possible, go to a mosque.
                  This doesn't mean Allah (SWT) wont forgive you - He will.

Mankind was created weak, so seek refuge, and be in the remembrance of Allah (SWT)

Try going to a mosque, and get good accompany.

Doing it with others increases your enthusiasm.

By Allah, I hope that you'll get better, and anyone experiencing it. Ameen.
                  Last edited by Serinity; 15-02-15, 09:22 PM.
                  La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                  (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'

Comment

Originally posted by Serinity View Post
                    You're really worrying me, and to be honest, this happens to me too, yet I tend to ignore it. For me it's worst during Wudhu, I always seem to blow Wind in the process of doing Wudhu. I have to break this bad thing.

Now think like this, you're disobeying Allah if you give into the doubt. So even if you do AS LONG as it is a doubt, you HAVE to continue. You've to break this vicious circle by breaking this habit. How? Absolutely ignore the doubt, even if you're concious of it, if possible, go to a mosque.
                    This doesn't mean Allah (SWT) wont forgive you - He will.

Mankind was created weak, so seek refuge, and be in the remembrance of Allah (SWT)

Try going to a mosque, and get good accompany.

Doing it with others increases your enthusiasm.

By Allah, I hope that you'll get better, and anyone experiencing it. Ameen.
                    I was going to reply to you before, but I didn't get to. May Allah bless you by miles O Brother. You relieved me of my worries, and you reminded me of who Allah really is, and how wrong I was to give into Shaytaan. My mind started getting thoughts like "this religion is too hard, why should we need to pray 5 times a day if it's this difficult". But damn those thoughts, that is shaytaan speak. I did what you said with Asr, and ignored the doubts after. I remember Allah is on my side. I read your first reply just when I finished Isha (after many attempts. Unfortunately it happened again, it was horrible. I was even intending to do two sunnah rakats, but I gave up and just did fard). I am also flattered and happy that you're concerned about me so much, and it is people like you that encourage me and give me faith in this ummah.

And, before Isha, I got the same doubts doing wudu about niyat. It's a shame, I was so happy because waswas was a thing of my past. I never have doubt about farts or anything like that no more. I have taken to your heart softening advice, and will act on ignoring. Odds are, I don't want you to worry too much unnecessarily.

And also, another factor is that I take some things to literally. I saw from some website, and refuse to believe it until I see evidence, that in a sujood in fard prayers, you can't make supplications about things of the world....or in English?

Comment

Originally posted by Sfe995 View Post
                      SubhanAllah,
                      reading your post really surprised me because I suffer from the SAME EXACT problem, just like you described in your steps from 1-7 (except mine was not about clothes) after reading that intending to break the Salah breaks it. I thought I was the only one.
                      Alhamdulillah, it is starting to decrease, but still happens from time to time.

I was told no matter how strong the thoughts, just ignore it and continue
                      Ignore while you still can, because if you don't, it may get stronger as the shayateen will get fun out of making you stop your prayer.

And make dua to Allah to protect you from the jinn and shayateen.
                      The words "SAME EXACT" brought warmth to my heart. Just evidence that it is the same exact group of evil, with the same exact aim and intention, targeting the same and exact people, us muslims trying to pray to Allah. Horrid thoughts in my mind, tried to blame ALLAH for this??!!! Astaghfirullah. Cursed shaytaan. I am glad that my post was able to re-assure you you're not the only one, and I'm glad you re-assured me that you have this as well, and that I can trust in Allah to ignore the waswas and carry on prayer, no matter the doubt. I hope to Allah, the problem for you and me and "Serinity" is eradicated. And I hope to Allah that there cane be more people like the ones who replied to the post, like you (sfe995), Serinity and Laila the muslim. Allah bless you guys. May Allah make things go well for us, and I hope my prayers for tomorrow go well, Insha'Allah. I will remember what you guys said.

And again, may Allah cure us all from this horrid problem, and ward off the same evil we are being attacked by.
                      Last edited by someone12; 16-02-15, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Continue with prayer in shaa Allah no matter what cause the aim of shaytaan is for you to go insane over trivial matters in prayer. Allah knows shaytaan is bugging you. Just continue on.
                        That way u can stand in front of your creator on yawm ul qiyamah and say: I tried despite shaytaan messing with my head.

And shaytaan only messes with you if he deems you're on the right path.

Also say a'udhubillahi minashaytaanir rajeem and dry spit over your left shoulder thrice when you fear wisswass during prayer.
                        "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
                          Continue with prayer in shaa Allah no matter what cause the aim of shaytaan is for you to go insane over trivial matters in prayer. Allah knows shaytaan is bugging you. Just continue on.
                          That way u can stand in front of your creator on yawm ul qiyamah and say: I tried despite shaytaan messing with my head.

And shaytaan only messes with you if he deems you're on the right path.
                          Also say a'udhubillahi minashaytaanir rajeem and dry spit over your left shoulder thrice when you fear wisswass during prayer.
                          Bless you sister! Indeed that is what Shaytaan is doing. The whispers are coming into the other things too unfortunately. I did ghusl before Fajr, and I know that water reached all parts of my body in the ghusl, but of course, I do not know how his whispers are so convincing. Even fake rulings are considered in my head like, "but I did this and didn't do this, so is it valid?". And such ruling the whisper is based, I have not heard of at all. I will ignore whispers Insha'Allah. Fajr went perfectly. I hope the same for Zuhr. All prayer is, is standing there, talking to Allah. And it's that short and quick. A small break in the day. Shaytaan wants to make me overburden myself and hate it.

Comment

I prayed Zuhr now. Alhamdulillah, just one flawless burdenless prayer. MILES better than yesterday, which had numerous repeats. Get this, Zuhr starts at 12:22, I finished well after 1:00 yesterday, all because I kept breaking. Today, alhamduillah, I prayed, and finished at 12:40 or something. For Isha yesterday was worse. Prayer started 6:50. I went to start at 7:05. Ended up finishing at 7:45!!!! Yes, fard only. But today Alhamdulillah so far went well. Fajr, flawless. Zuhr flawless (though some waswas are still lurking here and there, I seek refuge in Allah all mighty). I pray to Allah, for Asr, Maghrib and Isha to be beautiful experiences, and make waswas be of my past. I want to pray sunnah after Maghrib and Isha as well, Insha'Allah.

Comment

Great! I am fighting to make my prayers enjoyable.
                              I'm fighting to convince myself of Allah being infront of me at prayer, so I tend to rely on Allah, being there. :D
                              I'm having terrible doubts when doing Wudhu. I know I shall ignore it, though, how do I make it completely enjoyable?
                              I pray to Allah to make my life seem more at ease.

I've had a lot of stress lately, and today was the first time I've ever cried in a long time! Feels great, I want that feeling back! I feel like all the bad things inside my heart getting freed.

I'm soo glad, that I am able to cry, because that proves that I'm human, and that proves that I care about my faith.
                              You just keep going. :)
                              The thing I absolutely have in mind not to do is to abandon prayer.
                              I'm soo happy on your end. :D

PS. I try to convince myself of denying the Evolution theory.

I have always had this mindset "There has to be a creator, otherwise how was the first Human made?"
                              Last edited by Serinity; 16-02-15, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X