No announcement yet.

Islamic Lectures Discussion 5: Understanding Qadr by Ustadh Muhammad Tim Humble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islamic Lectures Discussion 5: Understanding Qadr by Ustadh Muhammad Tim Humble

Remember to have a listen (it doesn't have to be the full lecture) and comment about something you found interesting or inspiring.

Understanding Qadr by Ustadh Muhammad Tim Humble

مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Re: Islamic Lectures Discussion 5: Understanding Qadr by Ustadh Muhammad Tim Humble

Qadrul Allah....hopefully this won't be the only post here. :S

Inshaa'Allah the next lecture will be short, like five minutes or so.
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Re: Islamic Lectures Discussion 5: Understanding Qadr by Ustadh Muhammad Tim Humble

Assalamulaikum, saw this post earlier and was intimidated by the topic but decided to try to listen, I'm 10 minutes in and its good because he starts out with why we need to learn it as misunderstanding the topic is the root of a lot misguidance amongst everyone and how it relates to atheism being rooted in not believing qadr. I hope to finish it later today but JazakhaAllah Khair for sharing this is a lecture where you need to listen to every minute in order to understand.
      17-07

Comment

Understanding Qadr would make life so much easier. I bet it would solve a lot of our every day problems if we were more aware of it.

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Another week for this and not much replies.

I'll definitely, inshaa'Allah, put a smaller lecture up next time. It's my fault that there's not a lot of comments even though the lectures have been beneficial.

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

The lecture was great, I learned a lot from it. As he said, understanding it MAKES you want to be better. :)

Also.. No it is not your fault...it is the same thing I see when I watch other religious videos..While I am sitting here focused & eager to hear what the speaker has to say,the people who were actually there & supposed to be listening look "bored" like they don't wanna be there. One I watched, the camera scanned across the room & people were on their phone texting..It is about their motivation to want to hear a talk.

Also, most people skip the pinned threads of forums, all, not just religious.
            Last edited by Tide2006; 20-02-15, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Great lecture, it has answered lot of my doubts and it has filled lot of gaps. this doesn' mean that i didn't believed in qadr and qadar before it is just that this lecture has enlightened me.

Comment

~bump~

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

i gotta say i downlaoded the lecture couldnt listen to this talk for few reasons at first, Not fmailiar with the speaker, too long for my liking and lastly the comments mentioned abt disturbance from the audience

but qadrullaah, i was chekcing out my fathers fone and i stumbled upon snippet frm this same talk

and i found it so relevant to my situation that time, i ended up listening to it from the beginning on pc and am glad i did alhamdulillaah,

it helped me clear some misconceptions abt the topic

:jkk:

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                  O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Working...
                  X