• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALL im gonna say is subhanallah

coz i dnt have nice amazin dreams

i hav dreams that i dnt even rememba
    oh wellll....
    the more i learn; the more i learn of my ignorance.
    ~ imam shafi'i

Comment

Originally posted by anna2000uk
      I found the Hadith....

Abu Hurairah (radhiallahu anhu) said that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam - SAWS) said: 'Name yourselves with my name, but do not call yourselves with my nickname; and whoever sees me in his dream, he has [truly] seen me, for Shaytaan (Satan) never appears in my image. And he who purposefully speaks a lie against me, will have his seat in the Fire.' (Al-Bukhari)

plus some stuff :

This hadith has revoked any chance of Shaytaan appearing in the Prophet's form, but it leaves the chance that Shaytaan could appear in a different form. The scholars agree that if one has a dream, but the descriptions of the Prophet (SAWS) do not match the real descriptions of him, then this is from the dreamer's imagination as if it were to say he was talking to himself in the dream.
      bn Abi Jamrah said, "There are those who say that the Shaytaan cannot assume his exact appearance, so whoever sees him in a good appearance, that is because of the goodness of the religion of the one dreaming, and if the appearance was bad then that is because of a deficiency in the religion of the one dreaming. And he said that this is the truth." Then he said, "Similarly what he said about his (SAWS) Sunnah during the dream, whatever agrees with it is good, and what contradicts it then it suffered from the influence of the one listening. So the dreamer's vision of his noble presence is true, while the bad influences are from the dreamer."
      Additionally, it is not feasible to limit the statement, 'And whoever saw me has [truly] seen me', to apply only to the companions, since the companions did not mention such limitations, rather the opposite of this has been reported from them. As in the case of Ibn 'Abbaas when he asked a person who claimed to have seen him (SAWS) in a dream to describe the vision he had in the dream, in order to validate or invalidate it. Similarly this was done after him by the great Imaam of the Muslims, Muhammad bin Seereen. So the hadith is generally applicable to all dreamers, yet the validity of actually seeing him can only be ascertained by those who are familiar with his appearance, like the companions, or the next generation who saw his resemblance in his close relatives like Faatimah and her children, or al-Hasan and his children, may Allah be pleased with them.

Is seeing him as he really looked a condition for the validity of the dream?

Ibn Hajar wrote: "Whenever Muhammad bin Seereen was told by someone that he had seen the Prophet (SAWS) in a dream he would say; 'Describe what you saw to me.' If the person described unfamiliar characteristics to him, he would reply, 'You didn't see him.' [The chain for this report is authentic]. And there is support for this from al-Haakim by way of 'Aasim bin Kulayb who said that his father told him, 'I said to Ibn 'Abbaas, I have seen the Prophet in a dream.' He said, 'Describe him for me.' He replied by mentioning that he looked like al-Ha
      san bin 'Ali. Ibn 'Abbaas said, 'You saw him.' [The chain for this report is good.]

There is also support for this in the Musnad of Ahmad, where Yazeed al-Faars said, 'I saw Allah's Messenger in a dream during the time of Ibn 'Abbaas.' A narrator said Yazeed was a Qur'anic scribe. 'I said to Ibn 'Abbaas, "I saw Allah's Messenger (SAWS) while dreaming." Ibn 'Abbaas said, "Allah's Messenger said, 'Shaytaan is not able to appear as me, so whoever has seen me in a dream, he has [truly] seen me.' So are you able to describe this man you saw to us? I said, "Yes,...[he was] between brown and white, with a good smile, appearing to have kuhl around his eyes, a handsome face, his beard flowing from here to here, down to his chest." 'Awf said, "I was not aware of all of these descriptions of him." Ibn 'Abbaas said, "If you had seen him while awake, you wouldn't be able to describe him more accurately.'"

This proves that the decisive scholars considered it a condition for the correctness of the dream that the vision be in accordance with how he actually appeared, a portrait which Shaytaan is unable to imitate.

Is one who sees him in a dream considered one of the Sahaabah?

The answer to this question is no, because the sahaabah are those who saw him during his life.
      Are the hadiths heard from him during a dream argumentative evidences?
      The answer to this question is no, due to the condition for evidence being that it was transmitted via precise hearing, and the one sleeping is not in such a state.

(from this site)
      awwwwwwwwwwwwww asalmaualykum my anna mashallah ur sooooo sweet may allah make u sooooooo mappy and give u the best of both worlds inshallah ameen.... love u for teh sake of allah xx sis zaynab x
      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

And there is support for this from al-Haakim by way of 'Aasim bin Kulayb who said that his father told him, 'I said to Ibn 'Abbaas, ... ~snip~ ...
        If you went into a courtroom and presented this chain of evidence to the jury, would they deem it a reliable source?

Comment

Originally posted by zaynab1982
          may allah make u sooooooo mappy
          That gave me the giggles. :D

On a personal note- I either don't have dreams, or never remember them. :(

I'm quite a light sleeper- so I probably don't deep-sleep long enough.

Not that it should matter, because time is irrelavant in dreams. :p
          What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
          Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
          Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
          but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
          but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
          We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
          freedom from slavery to other than the One,
          Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
          and a horizon that extends to the next life,
          Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Originally posted by Owl Mirror
            If you went into a courtroom and presented this chain of evidence to the jury, would they deem it a reliable source?
            A sound chain of trustworthy narrators...yes.

If not, then it would be the court in the wrong and not the evidence. Sadly to see that they have adopted the philosophy 'Guilty until proven innocent.'
            What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
            Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
            Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
            but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
            but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
            We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
            freedom from slavery to other than the One,
            Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
            and a horizon that extends to the next life,
            Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper
              That gave me the giggles. :D

On a personal note- I either don't have dreams, or never remember them. :(

I'm quite a light sleeper- so I probably don't deep-sleep long enough.

Not that it should matter, because time is irrelavant in dreams. :p
              Everybody dreams, that's what scientists, psychologists, psychiatrists...parapsychologists....say... the thing is that people differ in the ability to recall/remember those dreams. There are those can describe a dream so vividly and those who can't even remember dreaming... it's only a matter of concentration ...so don't say you don't dream ... cuz YOU DO!...lol...
              Life goes on ...

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_me
                I had a dream on the prophet ALhamduliAllah... it felt amazingly great...yet I refuse to share it with anybody lest they may envy me. (lol)

AlhamduliAllah...

what if someone dreamt that Allah spoke to them? was God really talking to that person? or was it just something from that persons own imagination?

Comment

Originally posted by Tahiyah
                  what if someone dreamt that Allah spoke to them? was God really talking to that person? or was it just something from that persons own imagination?
                  persons own imagination?
                  It might be. But GOD does communicate with humans through our mind.

Dreams are real subconchiousiness event of life: past, present. Also future events. (ESP).

People should lesten the dreamer. Or try to. Althogh we can`t give an answer of their dreams, we should let them express their inner feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Nasser
                    very good sis.

but according to Islam you should NOT speak about your good dreams with anyone (except the people you REALLY trust..like your parents for example).
                    I'm just asking out of curiosity, where does it say that you shouldn't speak about your good dreams with anyone, except the ppl you "really trust???" From what I've read, you can speak about good dreams & shouldn't speak about bad dreams. I never came across anything that specified who to tell the good dreams to. :confused:

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 7045).

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X