Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream I had...

Brothers and sisters,

I am very new here, not even a day, but I was drawn to search for ummah to learn and share with.

I introduced myself, and was warmly greeted, when I saw brother Al-Nasser's avatar photo of the Chechen Mujahideen, Amir Khattab I was overwhelmed.

Earlier this week I fell asleep after reading several Sunnahs of the Prophet (saws). I awoke remembering the dream, how I was following him around, and sleeping on the floor next to him. I so wanted to be one of his companions.

Now the spooky stuff.
    The picture brother Al-Nasser has is just as I saw Muhammad (saws) in my dream.

I had to private message brother Al-Nasser to ask him who this was. I had never seen this man before, heard or knew nothing of him.

This really shook me up.
    I cannot tell you how moved I am by seeing this.
    Like a sign. Is that bad?
    I absolutely love the Prophet(saws).
    Please Re-update your Signature

i know someone who seen his wife in a dream before he married her

and i see alot of strnage thigns in my dreams...mostly woman, lol, but the structure and concept of the dream is always diffrent

like recently i had a dream i was fighting, i had two hand guns and i was with my freind and he also had to handguns, and we were fighting some guy, for a long time, and then we were fighting woman and killing them obviously...

mso tof my dreams are about woman or war...ironicly

i don't have nightmares

(the woman i want to marry, i have seen her in a few dreams to :) )

Comment

MashaAllah :)

I would recommend you a book by Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips' Dream Interpretation According to the Quran and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Warren
        Brothers and sisters,

I am very new here, not even a day, but I was drawn to search for ummah to learn and share with.

I introduced myself, and was warmly greeted, when I saw brother Al-Nasser's avatar photo of the Chechen Mujahideen, Amir Khattab I was overwhelmed.

Earlier this week I fell asleep after reading several Sunnahs of the Prophet (saws). I awoke remembering the dream, how I was following him around, and sleeping on the floor next to him. I so wanted to be one of his companions.

Now the spooky stuff.

I had to private message brother Al-Nasser to ask him who this was. I had never seen this man before, heard or knew nothing of him.

This really shook me up.
        Walaykum as-salaam,

Indeed, I have some strange and fascinating dreams too, but not close to what you have mentioned. You must be a very pious and beloved slave of Allah, Glorified and Exalted be He. al-Hamdulillah - may Allah, the Most Glorious and Kind, bless and reward your noble and beautiful soul, my brother. :up:

Amir al-Khattab was a great Muslim, one who has sacrified his entire life in protecting his brothers and sisters. May Allah, the Most Kind, bless and reward him. :)

Pray to Allah, and ask for His guidance. I know whenever I do, I begin to see the Light and understand the various aspects of this great examination, life, which our Creator has blessed within all of us. :inlove:

Comment

hmmmm....well I might be wrong with this but what I remember reading is Hadith where the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam said the Shaytaan can take the forms of different people, but not my form, so if you saw me in your dream then indeed it was me. HOWEVER I thought that only applied to his companions or those who had seen him when he was alive, as other people will not know exactly how he saws looks to recognise him.
          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by anna2000uk
            hmmmm....well I might be wrong with this but what I remember reading is Hadith where the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam said the Shaytaan can take the forms of different people, but not my form, so if you saw me in your dream then indeed it was me. HOWEVER I thought that only applied to his companions or those who had seen him when he was alive, as other people will not know exactly how he saws looks to recognise him.
            I found the Hadith....

Abu Hurairah (radhiallahu anhu) said that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam - SAWS) said: 'Name yourselves with my name, but do not call yourselves with my nickname; and whoever sees me in his dream, he has [truly] seen me, for Shaytaan (Satan) never appears in my image. And he who purposefully speaks a lie against me, will have his seat in the Fire.' (Al-Bukhari)

plus some stuff :

This hadith has revoked any chance of Shaytaan appearing in the Prophet's form, but it leaves the chance that Shaytaan could appear in a different form. The scholars agree that if one has a dream, but the descriptions of the Prophet (SAWS) do not match the real descriptions of him, then this is from the dreamer's imagination as if it were to say he was talking to himself in the dream.
            bn Abi Jamrah said, "There are those who say that the Shaytaan cannot assume his exact appearance, so whoever sees him in a good appearance, that is because of the goodness of the religion of the one dreaming, and if the appearance was bad then that is because of a deficiency in the religion of the one dreaming. And he said that this is the truth." Then he said, "Similarly what he said about his (SAWS) Sunnah during the dream, whatever agrees with it is good, and what contradicts it then it suffered from the influence of the one listening. So the dreamer's vision of his noble presence is true, while the bad influences are from the dreamer."
            Additionally, it is not feasible to limit the statement, 'And whoever saw me has [truly] seen me', to apply only to the companions, since the companions did not mention such limitations, rather the opposite of this has been reported from them. As in the case of Ibn 'Abbaas when he asked a person who claimed to have seen him (SAWS) in a dream to describe the vision he had in the dream, in order to validate or invalidate it. Similarly this was done after him by the great Imaam of the Muslims, Muhammad bin Seereen. So the hadith is generally applicable to all dreamers, yet the validity of actually seeing him can only be ascertained by those who are familiar with his appearance, like the companions, or the next generation who saw his resemblance in his close relatives like Faatimah and her children, or al-Hasan and his children, may Allah be pleased with them.

Is seeing him as he really looked a condition for the validity of the dream?

Ibn Hajar wrote: "Whenever Muhammad bin Seereen was told by someone that he had seen the Prophet (SAWS) in a dream he would say; 'Describe what you saw to me.' If the person described unfamiliar characteristics to him, he would reply, 'You didn't see him.' [The chain for this report is authentic]. And there is support for this from al-Haakim by way of 'Aasim bin Kulayb who said that his father told him, 'I said to Ibn 'Abbaas, I have seen the Prophet in a dream.' He said, 'Describe him for me.' He replied by mentioning that he looked like al-Ha
            san bin 'Ali. Ibn 'Abbaas said, 'You saw him.' [The chain for this report is good.]

There is also support for this in the Musnad of Ahmad, where Yazeed al-Faars said, 'I saw Allah's Messenger in a dream during the time of Ibn 'Abbaas.' A narrator said Yazeed was a Qur'anic scribe. 'I said to Ibn 'Abbaas, "I saw Allah's Messenger (SAWS) while dreaming." Ibn 'Abbaas said, "Allah's Messenger said, 'Shaytaan is not able to appear as me, so whoever has seen me in a dream, he has [truly] seen me.' So are you able to describe this man you saw to us? I said, "Yes,...[he was] between brown and white, with a good smile, appearing to have kuhl around his eyes, a handsome face, his beard flowing from here to here, down to his chest." 'Awf said, "I was not aware of all of these descriptions of him." Ibn 'Abbaas said, "If you had seen him while awake, you wouldn't be able to describe him more accurately.'"

This proves that the decisive scholars considered it a condition for the correctness of the dream that the vision be in accordance with how he actually appeared, a portrait which Shaytaan is unable to imitate.

Is one who sees him in a dream considered one of the Sahaabah?

The answer to this question is no, because the sahaabah are those who saw him during his life.
            Are the hadiths heard from him during a dream argumentative evidences?
            The answer to this question is no, due to the condition for evidence being that it was transmitted via precise hearing, and the one sleeping is not in such a state.

(from this site)
            <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Command Headquarters of the Chechen Mujahideen forwarded the official information to Kavkaz-Center about the death of Amir Khattab.
              The death of the Chechen Commander has been officially confirmed in accordance with this information.

" I was following him around, and sleeping on the floor next to him.
              I so wanted to be one of his companions. "

Dreams are often used as thought purifiers, they allow you to glimpse the truth of a situation without the actual engagement of your physical actions. Perhaps this dream of yours might be a wake-up call for rational reasoning rather than running off to join the circus.
              Truly, place the two phrases below together and ask yourself what your dream meant.

I so wanted to be one of his companions.
              The death of the Chechen Commander has been officially confirmed
              No right-minded man would go into his field the night before planting day and dig a thousand holes.
              Unless ofcourse, warfare surrounds his home, then he might be digging graves for his brothers in arms.

Brothers and sisters,

Now the spooky stuff.

This really shook me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Owl Mirror

Dreams are often used as thought purifiers, they allow you to glimpse the truth of a situation without the actual engagement of your physical actions. Perhaps this dream of yours might be a wake-up call for rational reasoning rather than running off to join the circus.
                Truly, place the two phrases below together and ask yourself what your dream meant.

No right-minded man would go into his field the night before planting day and dig a thousand holes.
                Unless ofcourse, warfare surrounds his home, then he might be digging graves for his brothers in arms.
                I believe you mis-read my post.
                I was only speaking of the image of Amir al-Khattab.
                My dream was of the Prophet(saws), not al-Khattab.

Comment

I believe you mis-read my post.
                  I was only speaking of the image of Amir al-Khattab.
                  My dream was of the Prophet(saws), not al-Khattab.
                  KARIYE MUSEUM AND EYUP MOSQUE
                  Kariye Museum (ancient Church of Saint Saviour in Chora) houses the finest Byzantine mosaics from the beginning of the fourteenth century. It is located in a very picturesque part of old Istanbul. Equally interesting is the Eyup Mosque and environs. The mosque is said to have been erected where the friend and standard bearer of the Prophet Mohhamed fell during the siege of Constantinople by the Arabs in the late 7 th century
                  http://www.turcotour.com/incoming/istanbul_eng.htm

The friend and standard bearer of the Prophet Mohhamed is dead !
                  You wish to replace him perhaps?

Is it in the nature of Islam to be spread via the sword?
                  If not, (as I presume) then these armed struggles are merely for territory and control over peoples lives in commerce and thought.

This Chechen Commander, Amir Khattab, appears to have been leading people of like mind,
                  in an armed struggle against an enemy.

Is this, or any enemy, which happens to find itself arguing with an Islamic State,
                  to be considered fair game for all Muslims around the world to join in these pitched battles for territory and gain?

The friend and standard bearer of the Prophet Mohhamed is dead !
                  You wish to replace him perhaps?

I would suggest, that you look for ways to improve and influence your own community by your strong faith and youthful desires.

Seeking change and righting injustices are a noble act for any man to achieve in his life.
                  But blindly waving a sword at the sky and shouting "I'm coming !" will only bring you hardships which you need not endure and finally death for a cause of which you may know very little besides it's connection to fellow Muslims.

Go in Peace
                  Sincerely, Richard Owl Mirror
                  Last edited by Owl Mirror; 17-09-04, 08:51 PM. Reason: far too many to count !

Comment

Now the spooky stuff.

This really shook me up.
                    I personally found this very interesting indeed as I'm so much into that world...of dreams and visions. I can understand how eerie it felt for you but in sha'Allah it's a great sign. Perhaps you've read a hadith of the physical appearnce of the prophet that's why you were actually able to picturize him in your dream/vision ... and then Khattab's pic was somewhat close to what you've seen...
                    dreams and visions can tell a lot... and they're one way of contacting the dead... yes.. .that's so true...
                    "Ar-ru'yaa al-hasanatu min ar-rajali as-saalihi juz'un min sittati wa arba'eena juz'an min an-nabuwwa." Al-Bukhari
                    "The good dream of a man who is salih is a forty-sixth part of prophecy."

And Allah knows best.... subhanALlah...
                    Life goes on ...

Comment

for 25 years i didn't see prophet Mohammed (S.A.W)in my dreams....somehow i believe that watching prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) in a dream will be a "go sign" to seek a martyrdom in the cause of Allah.

but i saw Umar ibn Al Khattab in a dream last month.
                      My toughest fight was with my first wife.

Muhammad Ali Clay

Comment

a 10 years old child saw prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) in a dream....in the dream the holy prophet asked the child to "follow his steps".

the child name is "Abu Abdullah Mohammad bin Ismail bin Ibrahim bin al-Mughira al-Ja'fai"

aka...Imam Bukhari :)

Muhammad Ali Clay

Comment

I had a dream on the prophet ALhamduliAllah... it felt amazingly great...yet I refuse to share it with anybody lest they may envy me. (lol)

AlhamduliAllah...
                          Life goes on ...

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_me
                            I had a dream on the prophet ALhamduliAllah... it felt amazingly great...yet I refuse to share it with anybody lest they may envy me. (lol)

AlhamduliAllah...
                            very good sis.

but according to Islam you should NOT speak about your good dreams with anyone (except the people you REALLY trust..like your parents for example).

Muhammad Ali Clay

Comment

I would have told them had I needed a help in interpreting the dream/vision...yet ALhamduliAllah I can do the interpretation myself... and i'm just satisfied with what I got....AlhamduliAllah always and forever... I can vivdly recall the dream and feel overwhelmed every time I do... SubhanAllah...
                              Life goes on ...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X