Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it haram to read erotica?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Is it haram to read erotica?

    I thought the same about the poster also. I thought she was trolling also on another thread, Allahu alim
    82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Is it haram to read erotica?

      Erotica is a sin , but not as big as pornography .

      Both are different , cannot be equated.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Is it haram to read erotica?

        Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
        Read about Islam instead :)
        just recently, some liberal muslims actually plan to write Islamic erotica for women-only... no joke.
        :GB_bonesrock:
        And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Is it haram to read erotica?

          it doesn't matter how much or how severe it is. why do it anyway? even if a person can't directly say it is haraam, do you believe that Allah will not question you on it?

          it's ludicrous to think that we can do a sin or even something that is obviously disliked because 'it's not that bad'

          where is the imaan? where is the taqwa?

          don't tell a person that a sin is 'not as bad as such and such' but rather that regardless if it is a sin, it will only hurt you and we know good and well the Prophet SAW would tell you to stay away from it at the very least

          why isn't that enough?
          If Allah & his Messenger :saw: ordered us to breathe in a certain way, we would say: "سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا We hear & We obey"
          (al-Bukhaari)

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Is it haram to read erotica?

            Originally posted by Ariadne View Post
            just recently, some liberal muslims actually plan to write Islamic erotica for women-only... no joke.
            yooooooooooo

            I heard JUST today my friend was telling me about erotica that a muslim (woman no doubt) wrote. they were legally married and their relationship before was legal and all, but it was after they married where the stuff came in. the kufr influence is so filthy...

            The kuffar give the people poison and call it syrup while the Ummah is getting drunk on it.
            If Allah & his Messenger :saw: ordered us to breathe in a certain way, we would say: "سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا We hear & We obey"
            (al-Bukhaari)

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Is it haram to read erotica?

              Originally posted by Bint Radical View Post
              it doesn't matter how much or how severe it is. why do it anyway? even if a person can't directly say it is haraam, do you believe that Allah will not question you on it?

              it's ludicrous to think that we can do a sin or even something that is obviously disliked because 'it's not that bad'

              where is the imaan? where is the taqwa?

              don't tell a person that a sin is 'not as bad as such and such' but rather that regardless if it is a sin, it will only hurt you and we know good and well the Prophet SAW would tell you to stay away from it at the very least

              why isn't that enough?
              I know right?

              what is it with people trying to give degrees of haramness to things? If its haram its haram

              You get people saying alcohol is worse than marijuana etc. Its haram end of story

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Is it haram to read erotica?

                Originally posted by RashidD View Post
                No offense to anyone but define erotica? If it it hardcore porn in words then yes it's equatable to porn. But if you are talking about a romance novel then i don't think they're the same.

                Porn desensitizes you to reality, it makes you aggressive and violent towards women. It makes you feel you have a *right* to them, to have them in whichever way you please (whether she likes it or not) and it also removes the human aspect of sexual intimacy (no romance, tenderness, caressing etc) There was an excellent video on TED talks about this.

                I'm sorry if I've been unnecessarily graphic but i personally feel this is a huge problem today and that it should be addressed and confronted openly.

                EDIT: I'm not discussing whether it is allowed to read or not. Just the comparison to pornography.
                Erotica isn't like porn. Since it's geared towards women, I would imagine there's some level of romance or alpha male thing going on there. Women and men are different in the ways that they get excited, so while it may not be porn in the way that the video is, it's still porn because it's explicit sexual content that you're reading and then thinking about.
                وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                [2:186]

                .:.
                .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Is it haram to read erotica?

                  Originally posted by Bint Radical View Post
                  it's pornography. just because it is in word form doesn't make it any less
                  You know what, for some reason, I only realised this recently hahaha. For some reason, I thought reading it was better for you mentally and for your future relations but not really. It's the same thing but in word form. :/
                  [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Is it haram to read erotica?

                    Originally posted by RashidD View Post
                    No offense to anyone but define erotica? If it it hardcore porn in words then yes it's equatable to porn. But if you are talking about a romance novel then i don't think they're the same.

                    Porn desensitizes you to reality, it makes you aggressive and violent towards women. It makes you feel you have a *right* to them, to have them in whichever way you please (whether she likes it or not) and it also removes the human aspect of sexual intimacy (no romance, tenderness, caressing etc) There was an excellent video on TED talks about this.

                    I'm sorry if I've been unnecessarily graphic but i personally feel this is a huge problem today and that it should be addressed and confronted openly.

                    EDIT: I'm not discussing whether it is allowed to read or not. Just the comparison to pornography.
                    That TEDX talk is amazing walahi. Love it. That's what got me into TedX videos lol.
                    [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Is it haram to read erotica?

                      Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                      Erotica isn't like porn. Since it's geared towards women, I would imagine there's some level of romance or alpha male thing going on there. Women and men are different in the ways that they get excited, so while it may not be porn in the way that the video is, it's still porn because it's explicit sexual content that you're reading and then thinking about.
                      I think it depends. It is true that it is geared towards women but it's still not realistic is it? Just like porn? It's fictional/ fake sex therefore, it can be damaging just like porn... (I think).

                      There is a difference but I don't think it's that significant.
                      Last edited by HopefulOne; 17-01-15, 12:25 AM.
                      [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Is it haram to read erotica?

                        Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
                        Ermmm have you read any? I think it depends. It is true that it is geared towards women but it's still not realistic is it? Just like porn? It's fictional/ fake sex therefore, it can be damaging just like porn... (I think).
                        No, alhamdulillah, but the brother is equating porn to what the porn industry does, which isn't exactly how erotica is since it's geared towards women. It's porn, but not in the way that he thinks it is.
                        وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                        "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                        Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                        [2:186]

                        .:.
                        .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                        Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: Is it haram to read erotica?

                          whats up with this ghoul!!
                          Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: Is it haram to read erotica?

                            Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                            No, alhamdulillah, but the brother is equating porn to what the porn industry does, which isn't exactly how erotica is since it's geared towards women. It's porn, but not in the way that he thinks it is.
                            you mean like softcore porn instead of hardcore?

                            everytime i checked out books in amazon or free ebooks directory, just looking at the erotica book covers images alone made me feeling unease lol. i dare not to open its content. women have large fantasies, maybe that's why the brain-porn sells like hotcake :D.
                            :GB_bonesrock:
                            And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: Is it haram to read erotica?

                              Originally posted by Ariadne View Post
                              you mean like softcore porn instead of hardcore?

                              everytime i checked out books in amazon or free ebooks directory, just looking at the erotica book covers images alone made me feeling unease lol. i dare not to open its content. women have large fantasies, maybe that's why the brain-porn sells like hotcake :D.
                              I don't know....50 shades of grey was a huge hit and dubbed mommy porn and from what I know I don't think it was softcore at all. It just had elements that women like, even if the books are smutty.
                              وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                              "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                              Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                              [2:186]

                              .:.
                              .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                              Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: Is it haram to read erotica?

                                Originally posted by GoogleSlayer View Post
                                whats up with this ghoul!!
                                Trolls and feminists...western secularism cant bring good topics to islamic forum...
                                ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X