X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you found out...

:salams:

If you found out that a loved one of yours (e.g. spouse, mother, father, son/daughter, brother/sister or brother/sister in Islam, relative, or close friend, etc.) was a 'terrorist', would you report them to the authorities? What is the Islamic thing to do?

I ask because the Muslim leaders in my own community would do the same, if allegations are true. What would reasonable people do?

Please avoid passing judgments on others, in this thread. This is a Muslim discussion forum - so please keep the discussions respectful, and be sure to read all the posts properly before commenting or slandering.

:jkk:
    Last edited by starrynight11; 13-01-15, 04:06 AM.
    Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
    "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Re: If you found out...

I think I would. It would be a difficult choice but I would not be able to live knowing someone close to me had killed innocent people.
    Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

:salams

As in going around killing people? Yeah, I'd report him. That'll prevent him from sinning even more.

[SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

I'd first try to talk sense into them first and help them out, if they don't listen then I would.

Comment

It really depends, why are they doing that?

Comment

Seize them. They will do more harm than good. Any good they do, will not go past their throat.
            https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

What is a potential "terrorist" anyway? They might (in action/speech) cause opportunist headlines that would be condoned by Rupert Murdoch? Your OP is quite ambiguous.
              Last edited by Ni'mah; 13-01-15, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by starrynight11 View Post
                :salams:

If you found out that a loved one of yours (e.g. spouse, mother, father, son/daughter, brother/sister or brother/sister in Islam, relative, or close friend, etc.) was a 'terrorist', would you report them to the authorities? What is the Islamic thing to do?

I ask because the Muslim leaders in my own community would do the same, if allegations are true. What would reasonable people do?

Please avoid passing judgments on others, in this thread. This is a Muslim discussion forum - so please keep the discussions respectful, and be sure to read all the posts properly before commenting or slandering.

:jkk:
                :wswrwb:

The Prophet Muhammad (saw) told us not to oppress our brother, or hand him over to an oppressor. It's a major dhulm and if done out of a love for the kuffar could easily fall into kufr as would fall under alliance with the kuffar.

So first of all what do you mean by terrorist? If you mean their definition which is so wide it includes even those raising money for charities they don't approve of, or people fed up of the UK and wanting to leave to establish Islam elsewhere, then no I'd not report them to the feds.

If you mean someone who I believe is going to try to take lives, and break the covenant of security with the kuffar, I'd do all in my power to stop him, talk him out of it, tie him up if necessary, and only as a last resort would I even consider calling the police into the matter if I had no other option to stop him taking lives.
                FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Outreach4Islam View Post
                  :wswrwb:

The Prophet Muhammad (saw) told us not to oppress our brother, or hand him over to an oppressor. It's a major dhulm and if done out of a love for the kuffar could easily fall into kufr as would fall under alliance with the kuffar.

So first of all what do you mean by terrorist? If you mean their definition which is so wide it includes even those raising money for charities they don't approve of, or people fed up of the UK and wanting to leave to establish Islam elsewhere, then no I'd not report them to the feds.

If you mean someone who I believe is going to try to take lives, and break the covenant of security with the kuffar, I'd do all in my power to stop him, talk him out of it, tie him up if necessary, and only as a last resort would I even consider calling the police into the matter if I had no other option to stop him taking lives.
                  Yes, this is the definition that I was referring to. :jkk:

----

:jkk: to all who contributed, too.

----

The reason I asked this question was because of the political issues and other perspectives involved in supporting 'Jihadi' groups versus supporting the non-believers.

Alhamdulilaah, I'm glad to see that this is the view that most are following. Hopefully, Muslims and non-Muslims are doing their best to support righteousness, fairness and equity when it comes to sensitive cases like these.
                  Last edited by starrynight11; 13-01-15, 06:06 AM.
                  Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
                  "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Comment

Some months ago, I got a message on fb from an admin of a Islamic page... He go like-

Assalamu alaikom ahki can we invite u to jihad? In syria we were organizing some men to be with us in suria
                    I then asked few questions... He replied-
                    But are u really interested with jihad so i can tell u the plan...
                    Of course fisabilillah against nusayri and kuffar in suria
                    I asked for the plan, pictures and names of the guns but never heard from him since then.

Comment

Originally posted by علي بن عبد الله View Post
                      Some months ago, I got a message on fb from an admin of a Islamic page... He go like-

I then asked few questions... He replied-

I asked for the plan, pictures and names of the guns but never heard from him since then.
                      no one is that obvious other than people trying to entrap muslims, glad you didn't fall into their trap
                      FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X