Beauty lies in simplicity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beauty lies in simplicity

I feel so helpless & foolish, as so much of my time wasted again. Previously, a friend used to insist me to give my opinion about different brands of a product that he desperately needed. He used to extract from me every bit of info. about all of them one by one & as always ended up not buying anything at all.

Today, a friend came to me again, shared his personal problems & all the injustice caused to him by others, so he wanted an advice. Feeling his pain, I poured out everything from my heart but surprisingly found him least interested in most of what I had to say. He did appreciate few points but said, "You are right, my lenient attitude led me to this situation, but you see its just my soft hearted nature of forgiving others, that can't be changed & also we would be rewarded in the hereafter life for the pain that we had to bear because of others.....". I was like, "WHAT!?! than why were you repeatedly complaining to me so much for such a long time!?!"

I immediately realized where I went wrong. The Prophet (Sallalaahu Aleyhi wasallam) used to advise in such a beautiful manner. Keeping in view the personality/ nature/ attitude of the person, the past experience with him, his patience for listening, his capacity for adopting a change (implement an advice)....etc. Then in very few words he used to convey to the person where the problem lied & what could be the possible solution.

I have also seen scholars having simple straightforward approach in dealings/ discussions. They close all the tempting doors of beating around the bush, dragging / side-tracking the issue. They just convey their view in few words & immediately carry on with their own work.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: Beauty lies in simplicity

:salams:

:jkk:
    Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
    "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Comment

Re: Beauty lies in simplicity

Walaikum Assalam w.r.w.b.t.h

Wa-iyyakum
      Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X