Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Inheritance issue (Bank loan)

EDIT my previous post.
    I meant to say "I wouldn't fight for it but I would not be happy about it".

As the poster above said, it was my decision to help my parents and I shouldn't expect to be compensated for it. I knew this when I did it but I would hope my family have the decency to keep my contribution in mind, especially if I am financially struggling in future. Think of it this way, if the brother didn't help pay for that house, most likely the father would have lost it to bank & then there wont be any house to spilt at all.

I don't know what the ruling is but we had similar situation with my dad and his bro. While my father didn't have lot of money, my uncle invested kit of his money to build up my grandpa's land. These were land back home and my uncle build stores, rental property..etc with his own money. He kept the income. But when it came to dividing inheritance my dad realize since he didn't contribute to building those property & their father left empty lots only then its fair to give those lands to my uncle or pay him cost of building. We weren't sure if it should be current cost of building or what my uncle paid so we just gave those to my uncle and my father took the less interesting land that were left untouched.

Either way, I know there is rules but its also about being fair and just and humanity. How would brother B feel if he was in other shoe. Brother A could have let the father struggle or lose the house.

Comment

[MENTION=43833]Kya[/MENTION] that's a good point. If you are financially struggling your brothers should help you, regardless of whether you helped pay the mortgage.

However in Islam, we don't make decisions on what would've happened, we just don't know, there are many scenarios. If it wasn't through you, God may have eased your parents burdens through someone else. I understand whilst it might sound unfair there is wisdom within it. For example imagine if you adopted an orphan and raised him, would you expect the orphan to share his inheritance with adoptive brothers and sisters?

When we act, we expect our reward to come through God. What I'm trying to say is, if your siblings keep that in mind, then good for them it will be a sign of their character, however as far as I'm aware there is no obligation to do so, other than a moral obligation.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu-Yahya View Post
        1 year bump.
        If you have not gotten an answer, post it here and InshAllah, Abu Musab will answer it on his Thursday Q&A

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...on-Ummah-Radio
        Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X