Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Islamic Lectures Discussion 2: Abdul Nasir Jangda - The Meaning of the Tashahhud

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islamic Lectures Discussion 2: Abdul Nasir Jangda - The Meaning of the Tashahhud

Remember to watch as much as you can and then comment about the video. :up:

-

Abdul Nasir Jangda - The Meaning of the Tashahhud

Preview of Meaningful Prayer from Bayyinah - AbdulNasir Jangda

مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Re: Islamic Lectures Discussion 2: Abdul Nasir Jangda - The Meaning of the Tashahhud

One thing that touched me was when he talked about du'a. SubhanAllah, it never fails to amaze me how important it is that we make du'a and how we shouldn't restrict it. The shaykh mentioned a hadith where a man came to the Prophet (SAW) and made du'a for only him, the RasulAllah and no one else. The Prophet (SAW) told him not to do that. So for me, I wonder how many times I made du'a but kept it for a few people? Way too many, which is why I want to change that.

Inshaa'Allah, when I make du'a I'll ask for myself, the person I'm talking to, and for everyone. More words may equal more hassle, but more words could be what sends you to Jannah so it's all good.
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Islamic Lectures Discussion 2: Abdul Nasir Jangda - The Meaning of the Tashahhud

Jzk for bumping this up, I'll watch it tomorrow inshaAllah. Completely forgot about it lol
      اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ

Comment

Re: Islamic Lectures Discussion 2: Abdul Nasir Jangda - The Meaning of the Tashahhud

I will watch again, I forgot about this..sorry lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Awakening View Post
          Jzk for bumping this up, I'll watch it tomorrow inshaAllah. Completely forgot about it lol
          Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
          I will watch again, I forgot about this..sorry lol
          No worries. It will be up for two weeks, so you still have time.

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Like sis Pippin i have been touched when he talk about dua. The thing that has moved me is how many dua we receive from every prayer of every muslim of every generation if we are among the righteous (mina assalihun) just during the tashahhud. it's amazing how much islam emphasize the concept of unity, ummah, and selflessness even during the prayer which is a private moment between Allah and his 'abd.
            May Allah make us mina assalihun and accept our effort to be one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by jasmin333 View Post
              Like sis Pippin i have been touched when he talk about dua. The thing that has moved me is how many dua we receive from every prayer of every muslim of every generation if we are among the righteous (mina assalihun) just during the tashahhud. it's amazing how much islam emphasize the concept of unity, ummah, and selflessness even during the prayer which is a private moment between Allah and his 'abd.
              May Allah make us mina assalihun and accept our effort to be one of them.
              Ameen.

Good point about unity and thinking about the ummah. If one person is hurt, we're all meant to feel the same pain. We can make du'a for ourselves and go about on our day, but in Islam you're encouraged to make du'a for others. So much so, that we have hadiths that mention the reward that you get for it.

The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم said, “The supplication of a Muslim for his brother in his absence will certainly be answered. Everytime he makes a supplication for good for his brother, the angel appointed for this particular task says: `Ameen! May it be for you, too’.” [Muslim].

SubhanAllah. It's one thing to worry about yourself, but you need to worry about others as well and the best way to take care of their affairs is to always make sure you make du'a for them. May Allah help us do this. Ameen.

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

~halal bump~

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Did anyone else find something interesting about the lecture?

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

~bump~

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

A new lecture will be posted tomorrow, inshaa'Allah, so today is pretty much your last day to talk about this. :)

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

This was a wonderful lecture & brings even more understanding to prayers than before.

Comment

Working...
                        X