Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just returned from a night walk after a long time.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just returned from a night walk after a long time.....

...really quiet outside. Just 25 minutes & I feel as if it was a long time full of barakah. Compared to that when I am browsing on internet the time passes so quickly.

At times I used to forget watering my plants. When watered, the dry leaves would soon become green & alive. Same is the case with my heart right now, after doing dhikr, as if it is complaining to me, "Where were you for so long ? why didn't you water me with remembrance of ALLAH & Salaat-o-salam on Rasulullah (S.A.W) ?!"

Every useless activity gives me a feeling as if I am itching a wound, causing temporary relief but at the same time refreshing the wound. Zikr of ALLAH is like a bitter medicine, feeling repelled to take it at first, but once taken, the soul becomes alive again. Pleasure of an immoral act is temporary & only limited to the sensory organs, but the delight of zikr keeps on sinking deeper into the soul. Heart doesn't know movies, games, drugs, chatting, partying,....etc. All these only deviate one's attention from the painful wound. The heart only craves for connection with it's Creator, the Healer!
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: Just returned from a night walk after a long time.....

I love going outside for walks, but I only do it late at night though, when it's dark, peaceful and quite.

Comment

Re: Just returned from a night walk after a long time.....

A raw,first hand,original account of heart "showering". Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Working...
      X