Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dangers of Extremism (ISIS - Al Muhajiroun - Zionists)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Dangers of Extremism (ISIS - Al Muhajiroun - Zionists)

    An emotive Friday khutba on the issue of ISIS (if it's been posted before I apologise, I've only recently seen it and thought it good to share)


    The Dangers of Extremism (ISIS - Al Muhajiroun - Zionists) - Sheikh Abu Usamah At-Thahabi

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAJ86yKQT6U


    of the many points he makes, the one which struck a note with me, as it is something which has troubled me myself, is the whole "how on earth can anyone buy into this?" question, especially the whole people disobeying their parents to the extreme and females travelling abroad without mahrams. I genuine had many conversations where I made the exact same point, wondering who on earth, with even a small understanding of the deen, would see such actions as (a) permissible and (b) praiseworthy?

    It is genuinely beyond me how people validate those who commit such acts to join people who as far as I can see condone and even promote such acts.

  • #2
    Re: The Dangers of Extremism (ISIS - Al Muhajiroun - Zionists)

    Just wanted to add this video too, it expands and reiterates some of the points from the last video and makes some other points on top:

    The Modern Day Khawarij (ISIS - Al-Muhajiroun - Hizb Ut-Tahrir) - Sheikh Abu Usamah At-Thahabi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ0Ja9_Lljk

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The Dangers of Extremism (ISIS - Al Muhajiroun - Zionists)

      Originally posted by Ibn 'usman View Post
      An emotive Friday khutba on the issue of ISIS (if it's been posted before I apologise, I've only recently seen it and thought it good to share)


      The Dangers of Extremism (ISIS - Al Muhajiroun - Zionists) - Sheikh Abu Usamah At-Thahabi

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAJ86yKQT6U


      of the many points he makes, the one which struck a note with me, as it is something which has troubled me myself, is the whole "how on earth can anyone buy into this?" question, especially the whole people disobeying their parents to the extreme and females travelling abroad without mahrams. I genuine had many conversations where I made the exact same point, wondering who on earth, with even a small understanding of the deen, would see such actions as (a) permissible and (b) praiseworthy?

      It is genuinely beyond me how people validate those who commit such acts to join people who as far as I can see condone and even promote such acts.
      hehe Abu usamah

      funny guys

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The Dangers of Extremism (ISIS - Al Muhajiroun - Zionists)

        Originally posted by QMU View Post
        hehe Abu usamah

        funny guys
        This kind of attitude is why a person will either (at best) end up missing out on much of benefit, or (at worst) end up diverted from the truth.

        One should look at what is said, and see if there is truth in it, rather than accepting and dismissing based purely on personality.

        Anyway, since you are an individual who engages with personality rather than content, perhaps you will engage with this instead:

        The Khawarij: ISIS Crisis and the Youth - Brother Alyas Karmani
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytoUfTsy7QA

        Then again, you may not engage with this either based of a "hehe [insert name of so-and-so], funny guys". . . .
        Last edited by Ibn 'usman; 01-12-14, 06:55 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The Dangers of Extremism (ISIS - Al Muhajiroun - Zionists)

          How on earth can Hizb-ut-Tahrir be in the same category as ISIS? Is this one of those super Salafi talks where they talk about how every Muslim is a deviant apart from me and the 300 people that follow me?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The Dangers of Extremism (ISIS - Al Muhajiroun - Zionists)

            Originally posted by -Shamil- View Post
            How on earth can Hizb-ut-Tahrir be in the same category as ISIS? Is this one of those super Salafi talks where they talk about how every Muslim is a deviant apart from me and the 300 people that follow me?
            Don't know if these are rhetorical questions, but if they aren't and you genuinely are asking then surely the thing to do would just be to listen to what he actually says and then judge for yourself based upon the content you hear.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The Dangers of Extremism (ISIS - Al Muhajiroun - Zionists)

              Originally posted by Ibn 'usman View Post
              Don't know if these are rhetorical questions, but if they aren't and you genuinely are asking then surely the thing to do would just be to listen to what he actually says and then judge for yourself based upon the content you hear.
              Ok just one more question. He is not insulting any major scholar in Islamic history in this particular talk is he? The last time I heard him speak, he was insulting Imam Abu Hanifa for a prolonged period of time. I can then watch it without worrying

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The Dangers of Extremism (ISIS - Al Muhajiroun - Zionists)

                Originally posted by -Shamil- View Post
                Ok just one more question. He is not insulting any major scholar in Islamic history in this particular talk is he? The last time I heard him speak, he was insulting Imam Abu Hanifa for a prolonged period of time. I can then watch it without worrying
                I haven't seen that video you speak of, but no I don't recall him insulting any scholar in any of the videos I have seen of him thus far.

                What do you regard as insulting, by the way, not specifics just general example that if "x" were to say about "y" you would say it was an insult; since I really struggle to imagine him insulting Abu Hanifa.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The Dangers of Extremism (ISIS - Al Muhajiroun - Zionists)

                  Interesting. I've never heard of this Shaykh before. Is he from America?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The Dangers of Extremism (ISIS - Al Muhajiroun - Zionists)

                    Originally posted by saladin19 View Post
                    Interesting. I've never heard of this Shaykh before. Is he from America?
                    Yeah he's American, but he seems to be based in Birmingham UK presently.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The Dangers of Extremism (ISIS - Al Muhajiroun - Zionists)

                      May Allwh guide us sll n especislly the sheikh in video
                      Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X