At times, I am a strange man...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At times, I am a strange man...

feeling contented with my deeds but not with my wealth.

deceiving myself in taking the easy route, i.e. thinking/ talking about & complaining about a big matter rather than taking the difficult route i.e. practically taking the first step towards the solution of difficulties...

my heart developing more absorption for gossips/ rumors/cheap jokes than for intellectual / beneficial knowledge

May Allah Jalla Jalaaluhu help & guide me
    Last edited by Submit To Peace; 28-11-14, 07:18 PM.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: At times, I am a strange man...

Ameen,
    It is a constant struggle this word called life.
    gotta keep fighting my friend.
    Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

Last edited by wifeseeker; 14-02-15, 12:29 AM. Reason: old

Comment

Originally posted by Submit To Peace View Post

deceiving myself in taking the easy route, i.e. thinking/ talking about & complaining about a big matter rather than taking the difficult route i.e. practically taking the first step towards the solution of difficulties...

my heart developing more absorption for gossips/ rumors/cheap jokes than for intellectual / beneficial knowledge

wow thats so true :(
        Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

JazaKAllahu Khairan for the advice..
          Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

Originally posted by Submit To Peace View Post

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuhu brother,

We should be content with our wealth, and not content with our deeds brother. It's because
            our wealth is already determined by Allah, but our deed is an important duty for us to continue improving. :)

The example of our relationship with this world, is just like children going to the school. Our parents have
            given a fixed amount of cash for our needs, and our only duty is to study hard. But many children are thinking
            more about their fixed amount of cash, instead of their responsibility of studying.

Allah has send us here in this world to worship Him, and He has set up the provisions we need to survive.
            So we should improve on giving the best worship services, using the knowledge of Islam that we gained.
            Unfortunately a lot of people are worried about their provisions, rather than their duties. They feel very poor,
            even though they have a lot of wealth. This is because their intentions are not on the right path, so Allah
            instills poverty in their hearts.

The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said:
            (Sunan Ibn Majah)

"Allah extends provision for whom He wills and restricts [it]. And they rejoice in the worldly life,
            while the worldly life is not, compared to the Hereafter, except [brief] enjoyment."
            (Quran 13:26)

Our cures are very simple; the Al-Quran and the Hadith. We should read the Quran regularly, everyday if possible.
            We can read the English translation if we don't know Arabic, so we can understand what we read.

Al-Quran is the cure for the heart, and the guidance from Allah. We frequently asked Allah for guidance,
            but Allah already gave this guidance a long time ago, the Al-Quran. We just need to start reading it.
            Further guidance is the Hadiths of our Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

"Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous, Who teaches by the pen - teaches man that which he knew not." (Quran 96:3-5)

Frequent reading of these both will improve us, fixes our inner problems and attitudes, and keep us on the straight
            path. Allah called us "al-insan" (one that keeps forgetting), and without frequent reminder, we will slowly deviate from
            the right way and conduct, due to the continuous exposure to the corruption of this world.

"O mankind, there has to come to you instruction from your Lord, and healing for what is in the breasts,
            and guidance and mercy for the believers."
            (Quran 10:57)

So I hope you can take some time to read the Quran and Hadiths more often brother. InshaAllah these two are
            more than enough to help you in your difficulties. :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X