1 tsp. crushed ginger
    1 tsp. garlic
    1/2 tsp. turmeric
    1/2 tsp. saffron
    6 cinnamon sticks (3/4" long)
    8 cloves
    12 black peppercorns
    5 cardamon pods

Cut the meat into serving sized pieces. Mix together the yogurt, and other ingredients. Pour over meat and marinate for 2 hours.

Step B:

1/4 cup oil
    2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
    1/2 lb. fried onions
    1 tsp. chilli powder or to taste
    2 T. lemon juice
    5-6 fried potato pieces (optional)

Heat oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan, large enough to hold both the meat and rice. Remove the meat from the marinade; stirfry the meat for 3-4 minutes; reserve the marinade. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the marinade and cook over low heat covered until the meat is tender, adding more hot water only if necessary.

When meat is cooked, add fried onions, chilli powder, lemon juice, and the fried potato (optional); mix gently.

Step C:

1/2 cup milk
    1/4 tsp. saffron
    2 cups basmati rice
    4 cinnamon sticks (3/4" long)
    4 cloves
    6 black peppercorns
    1 tsp. cumin seeds
    1 1/2 tsp. salt
    7 cups water
    4 T. hot butter
    1/8 tsp. yellow food coloring powder
    1 T. water

Soak saffron in hot milk. Wash and soak the rice in plenty of water for 10 minutes. Drain rice. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine rice, cinnamon sticks, cloves, black peppercorns, cumin seeds, salt and water, and cook on medium heat. When rice is ALMOST cooked, about 15 minutes, drain off the water. Spread rice over meat mixture.

Pour hot butter, saffron and milk mixture over the rice. Sprinkle yellow food coloring mixed with water over the rice.

Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes or until heated through. Turn the heat to low, 200 F, and bake for about 1 hour, to allow the rice to puff up and allow the flavor of the curry to seep into the rice.

Serve hot with Kachumber and yogurt, or vegetable raita.
    Please Re-update your Signature

hmmm i should try this lol will come in handy for future =)

Comment

This is one of my family's favorites, and although it may sound complicted, it really isn't. My 17 month old son LOVES this with yogurt (especially cucumber or garlic yogurt) on the side. One of the few ways we can willingly get him to eat meat is to fix this dish. The meat gets really tender and it's really flavorful. I hope you enjoy as much as we do.

Comment

well it sounds good. mite not sound so complicated, but i wouldnt know where to start. i enjoy it though....we have it every now n then. so are there any other dishes you make, which are less complicated for a guy like me? i'll just end up messin up the kitchen

Comment

It's actually VERY easy, just go through the steps as listed, and it works itself out. It just SOUNDS difficult or complicated. If it were very difficult I wouldn't be able to do it. :D

Insha-Allah I will post more recipes as I have time

w/s

Aliya

Comment

yea im sure its easy, if i go thru each n every single step uve shown me. :) hmm im gonna try n make one of the more easier dishes. from there, i can start my way up. will be good to learn all this.

yea hey, post new recipes whenever......that would be great, no big rush :)

Comment

Working...
            X