Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing Foundation

:salams:

Question: Assalaamu alaikum, I would like to know that Is it allowed to put foundation only if u go outside? No make-up nothing else just foundation. Jazak Allah khair

Answer:

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad :saw:, is His Slave and Messenger.

As far as we know, this foundation is a substance that the woman applies on her face to soften the skin and hide the pimples and wrinkles. If the case is as mentioned, the foundation is considered a sort of adornment that a woman is not permitted to apply upon leaving the house, lest non-Mahram men would see her if she was not covering her face. Allaah The Almighty forbade the Muslim woman to display her adornment before non-Mahram men. Allaah The Almighty Says (what means): {And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof}[Quran 24:31]

It should be noted that covering the woman's face is a controversial issue among the scholars, but it is obligatory according to the preponderant opinion, as was previously mentioned in Fataawa 83033 and 81554.
    For more benefit about the criteria and ruling on wearing make-up, see Fataawa 87339 and 84735.

Allaah Knows best.

Source: http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=126283

Foundation also lightens skin tone, doesn't it?
    Last edited by starrynight11; 09-11-14, 08:30 AM.
    Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
    "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Re: Wearing Foundation

No. It depends you can get a lighter shade if that's your thing or darker if you want. I use darker foundation coz chocolate is yum :p lool. I've a question, say your skin is not wrinkly nor pimply but you just like the feel when you wear foundation, would it still be haram?
    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
      No. It depends you can get a lighter shade if that's your thing or darker if you want. I use darker foundation coz chocolate is yum :p lool. I've a question, say your skin is not wrinkly nor pimply but you just like the feel when you wear foundation, would it still be haram?
      Wouldn't wearing moisturizing face cream serve the same purpose then?
      Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
      "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Comment

Originally posted by starrynight11 View Post
        Wouldn't wearing moisturizing face cream serve the same purpose then?
        Guess so. I just like wearing foundation some days. Anyway, most people can't even tell the difference between my face with foundation and without, so I personally do not regard foundation that I wear as being an adornment.
        O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

foundation generally evens out imperfections and provides a base for other makeup. personally i don't wear makeup (i don't like wearing it) but unless you wear a LOT of foundation it doesn't really change your appearance that much. it doesn't change your skin tone unless you are wearing foundation that's made for a different skin tone (generally you want one that matches your own skin tone). it can increase skin problems like pimples, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by amatullahniqabi View Post
            foundation generally evens out imperfections and provides a base for other makeup. personally i don't wear makeup (i don't like wearing it) but unless you wear a LOT of foundation it doesn't really change your appearance that much. it doesn't change your skin tone unless you are wearing foundation that's made for a different skin tone (generally you want one that matches your own skin tone). it can increase skin problems like pimples, etc.
            From a guys perspective that small change is noticeable though. And some guys like smaller touch ups (a non-muslim friend of mine said this) compared to overly done make up. This is probably why the fatwa is being cautious in what they recommend.
            "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

Originally posted by RashidD View Post
              From a guys perspective that small change is noticeable though. And some guys like smaller touch ups (a non-muslim friend of mine said this) compared to overly done make up. This is probably why the fatwa is being cautious in what they recommend.
              makes sense to me! :)

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
                Foundation outside the house? Unfortunately, no. Non mahrams shouldn't see your beauty.
                [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

The worse you look when you go out, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Geena1999 View Post
                    This. lol
                    Last edited by DaughterOfAdam; 11-11-14, 07:31 PM.

Comment

If the intention is due to insecurity and not one of displaying their adornment, would that be permissible, example of a woman who has a birthmark or scar and uses to cover with foundation.
                      Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by Geena1999 View Post
                        That's how all the fatwa are going. A women should be giving out these type of fatwa. Now my next question is, if foundation is haram but moisturizers are halal then what about BB cream and CC cream?? or tinted moisturizers. At what level of coverage does foundation/moisturizers become haram

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
                          If the intention is due to insecurity and not one of displaying their adornment, would that be permissible, example of a woman who has a birthmark or scar and uses to cover with foundation.
                          Your best bet is to fear Allah who doesn't judge you by the content of your exterior but looks at your heart and deeds. Why should you care what any human thinks of your face when your creator doesn't care. Let that sink in. One the day of judgement not one person will ask of another person or even acknowledge another persons naked body.

Comment

Originally posted by geena1999 View Post
                            the worse you look when you go out, the better.
                            loooooooooooooool.
                            [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post

Look, I wear both concealer and a touch of foundation to cover up the dark circles I have under my eyes most days. I don't wear it because I care about what other people think about me, I care about what I look like for me! Who wants to walk around looking like they just got decked in both eyes, not me.

Originally posted by Abu-Mohamed View Post
                              Your best bet is to fear Allah who doesn't judge you by the content of your exterior but looks at your heart and deeds. Why should you care what any human thinks of your face when your creator doesn't care. Let that sink in. One the day of judgement not one person will ask of another person or even acknowledge another persons naked body.
                              I think that goes without saying! I try to always keep a good character and display that. I can only speak for myself, but I care what I look like because I take pride in myself. I take care of what Allah has blessed me with. Beauty is only skin deep and can go away in a heartbeat especially if you have an ugly heart/character.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X