Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer during exam time

:salams

Since it is a sin to miss prayer in congregation, I should attend that and that will make me miss my exam. If I do so I will fail my exam and my course along with that. Spending another 6 months and thousands of dollars to repeat the course in a another semester. This could happen more than 3 times in the next few years in different semesters.

What do I do?
    [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Re: Prayer during exam time

Wa alaikum salam

In that case you pray on your own, you dont have to attend jamaat for that time during exam.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

:wswrwb:

Can you not ask the exam proctor to give you special accomodation to pray, or to reschedule the exam (if possible)?

I've heard of this one Muslim student who, while writing the exam, became very anxious. They asked the proctor for permission to pray, and the proctor was very understanding and let the student pray outside the exam hall. :sub: :)
      Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
      "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Comment

Originally posted by |Abdur Raheem| View Post
        :salams

Since it is a sin to miss prayer in congregation, I should attend that and that will make me miss my exam. If I do so I will fail my exam and my course along with that. Spending another 6 months and thousands of dollars to repeat the course in a another semester. This could happen more than 3 times in the next few years in different semesters.

What do I do?
        your story reminds me of this video. pretty weird

Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by hadmatter View Post
          your story reminds me of this video. pretty weird

I remember this. If it was Jumuah I was missing, then I wouldn't even need to ask. I'll just leave the exam there and then.
          [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

I remember this. If it was Jumuah I was missing, then I wouldn't even need to ask. I'll just leave the exam there and then.
            oh sorry i thought you were talking about jummah

but anyways i just thought it was relevant to your story it was the first thing that popped into mind
            Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

Prayer during exam time

Is it a sin to miss prayer in congregation? I thought it was only a sin to miss jumah but other prayers it's not a sin if you pray at home.
              I'm a sister but I'm still curious.

Comment

Originally posted by shydonkey View Post
                Is it a sin to miss prayer in congregation? I thought it was only a sin to miss jumah but other prayers it's not a sin if you pray at home.
                I'm a sister but I'm still curious.
                Not for women. For women it's better to pray at home. For men it's compulsory to pray in the mosque.

Comment

Not for women. For women it's better to pray at home. For men it's compulsory to pray in the mosque.
                  Its jamaat that is the focus rather than mosque

and as I understand it its not sin (would be different under khilafah)

rather the reward is greater

Comment

Prayer during exam time

Isn't only compulsory for men to go mosque on Friday for Jummah prayer? For the rest of the days it isn't...

Comment

Isn't only compulsory for men to go mosque on Friday for Jummah prayer? For the rest of the days it isn't...
                      Men must attend masjid for every salat with a few exceptions like those who live too far
                      [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                      [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Prayer during exam time

obligatory salaat*
                        [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                        [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Prayer during exam time

Really :o I didn't know this..

I'll search up and read about it.

Comment

Really :o I didn't know this..

I'll search up and read about it.
                            I don't think this is true

If that was the case, the vast majority of muslim males are sinning as you have to go to work. Not everyone can take time out and go to the mosque.

Only those unemployed or fortunate enough will have time to go to every jamaat
                            Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
                            ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Prayer during exam time

^ I know I just googled but here's a relevant link from Islamqa; http://islamqa.info/en/40113

What do you think? This is the first time I've heard it's obligatory so I'm unsure.

Comment

Working...
                              X