Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prayer during exam time

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Prayer during exam time

    Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
    I don't think this is true

    If that was the case, the vast majority of muslim males are sinning as you have to go to work. Not everyone can take time out and go to the mosque.

    Only those unemployed or fortunate enough will have time to go to every jamaat
    Just because the vast majority of Muslim men don't pray the obligatory salah in the mosque that doesn't mean its not a sin anymore.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

    [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

    Comment


    • #17
      Prayer during exam time

      True .

      Wow then so many brothers are sinning :(

      I'm not a brother but I'm concerned. I mean isn't it hard to go to the mosque 5x a day? What abt work? Or if u don't have a car? SubhannAllah
      This is sad

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Prayer during exam time

        am not quite sure about this, I assume its more disliked than being a sin. You are right that it is more rewarding praying in congregation than praying alone but everyone situation is different, what's important is praying their obligatory Salah no matter what and Allah knows best. Need to talk to a more knowledgeable person about this.
        I rather be hated by everybody else, but loved by Allah. Than be loved by everybody else and hated by Allah.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Prayer during exam time

          Ya Allah! Why did I read this thread?

          Now I know that's it is obligatory and staying away will be sinning :( :( :(

          Perhaps Allah would have forgiven me in my ignorance but now :(

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Prayer during exam time

            Originally posted by Imaam View Post
            Ya Allah! Why did I read this thread?

            Now I know that's it is obligatory and staying away will be sinning :( :( :(
            Why would it be difficult for you to pray in jama'ah?
            “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”


            Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Prayer during exam time

              Originally posted by shydonkey View Post
              True .

              Wow then so many brothers are sinning :(

              I'm not a brother but I'm concerned. I mean isn't it hard to go to the mosque 5x a day? What abt work? Or if u don't have a car? SubhannAllah
              This is sad
              Yes its difficult but we try, the most important thing is to keep on trying, to better ourselves. Allah is most forgiving.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post

                Why would it be difficult for you to pray in jama'ah?
                Cause I'm lazy, of course. The masjid is too near to go by vehicle and too far to go by walking. Lol.

                In any case why is this ruling limited to men only? Is there any validity in the sunnah/ahadeeth for this limitation?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Prayer during exam time

                  Lol brother invest in a bicycle! Much faster than walking!

                  Erm imagine if it was obligatory for females to go masjid 5x a day - that wouldn't be possible with all the housework and children- Hence the limitation for this to men.

                  But I still can't believe I didn't know this till now :0 I'm surprised too!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Prayer during exam time

                    Originally posted by shydonkey View Post
                    Lol brother invest in a bicycle! Much faster than walking!

                    Erm imagine if it was obligatory for females to go masjid 5x a day - that wouldn't be possible with all the housework and children- Hence the limitation for this to men.

                    But I still can't believe I didn't know this till now :0 I'm surprised too!
                    There is actually a hadith with a stern warning for men who do not perform salaat in congregation without a valid excuse.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Prayer during exam time

                      Can you provide me this hadith?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Prayer during exam time

                        Originally posted by Winter View Post
                        Can you provide me this hadith?

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X