Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to lose weight, should I pray Istikhara or Salatul Hajat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to lose weight, should I pray Istikhara or Salatul Hajat?

Which is the best way to seek Allah's help in this kind of problem?

Re: I want to lose weight, should I pray Istikhara or Salatul Hajat?

Make lots of dua, and then you need to do something about it,
    either gym or cut down on fatty foods.

Sitting at home wont suffice.
    Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
      Make lots of dua, and then you need to do something about it,
      either gym or cut down on fatty foods.

Sitting at home wont suffice.
      Okay, inshallah, can you do dhikr while exercising?

Comment

Originally posted by Muz1234 View Post
        Okay, inshallah, can you do dhikr while exercising?
        Of course you can, it is not only a motivator, but you are adding to your good deeds as well.
        Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

Salaatul Istikhaarah is for when making decisions and asking for khair and guidance from Allah swt when we are unsure about pursuing a certain course of action I don't think its appropriate in this circumstance. you can read more about here.

http://muslimmatters.org/2012/01/13/...-to-and-why-2/

Salaatul Haajah is asking Allah swt for help in the fulfilment of need, and could be appropriate in this circumstance.

You can remember Allah swt everywhere in any situation.
          وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Muz1234 View Post
            Which is the best way to seek Allah's help in this kind of problem?
            1. make a simple chart which aims to lose 0.5kg a week - something like this spreadsheet which assumes you're currently 100kg and want to lose 10kg, which would take 20 weeks at a healthy rate
            2. use that chart to figure out the date to reach your target weight if you lose 0.5kg a week
            3. make intention with Allah that you will get to your target weight by the date you worked out on the chart and do dua that your efforts will be successful
            4. reduce your food intake by 25% (i.e. if you normally have a certain amount of food in your plate, just reduce your portion size by a quarter)
            5. start exercising a little more, cardio, weights etc
            6. 1 week later, check if you have lost 0.5kg. if you have lost more than 1kg, you're eating too little (which is bad, eat a little more), if you have lost 0.5kg, keep doing the above, if you have lost less than 0.5kg, reduce your daily food intake a little more and exercise a little more.
            7. repeat this process weekly and try to stay on target to lose 0.5kg a week
            8. each time you succeed, do shukr that your efforts and dua's are being accepted
            Last edited by oshirowanen; 23-10-14, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
              1. make a simple chart which aims to lose 0.5kg a week - something like this spreadsheet which assumes you're currently 100kg and want to lose 10kg, which would take 20 weeks at a healthy rate
              2. use that chart to figure out the date to reach your target weight if you lose 0.5kg a week
              3. make intention with Allah that you will get to your target weight by the date you worked out on the chart and do dua that your efforts will be successful
              4. reduce your food intake by 25% (i.e. if you normally have a certain amount of food in your plate, just reduce your portion size by a quarter)
              5. start exercising a little more, cardio, weights etc
              6. 1 week later, check if you have lost 0.5kg. if you have lost more than 1kg, you're eating too little (which is bad, eat a little more), if you have lost 0.5kg, keep doing the above, if you have lost less than 0.5kg, reduce your daily food intake a little more and exercise a little more.
              7. repeat this process weekly and try to stay on target to lose 0.5kg a week
              8. each time you succeed, do shukr that your efforts and dua's are being accepted
              Mashallah, that is nice spreadsheet. May Allah reward you, Jazakallah.

Comment

Neither. Losing weight is about effort. You have to eat the right foods like
                normal people. Eat meat occasionally, cut down on fat foods, junk food and
                you will Be at normal weight. Over-eating is haram in islam and nobody gets fat
                by eating the right foods that Allah made.
                So focus on the right things and ask Allah to help you, but first help yourself.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X