X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling with Islam

Salaam,

I am new to this, so please bear with me,

I want to address a few issues I have been having with myself, I kindly request any form of debate be done in a civil manner - Thank you.

Firstly, the title suggests and cuts straight through the point - I am struggling with Islam and would like to explain my situation and I am seeking advice from anyone who can give genuine and respectable advice.

I live with a fairly practicing family - alhamdulillah everyone prays and there is no lack of faith except in me.
    It's not that I don't reject Islam - its just certain prospects that really worries me that I am sinning dearly. For instance, I travel to university in central London, I meet and converse with a range of people and thats led me to believe I am fairly open minded. One thing that I think I have trouble with is homosexuality - I know the general discipline on this matter is that its forbidden to act on homosexuality - thing is, I don't disapprove, I feel like if someone loves someone and treats them with respect - why should we disregard that? I just don't wan't to percieve someone in a ill manner like the fact they may go to hell? Its not my call on matters of akhirah but I have a hard time not sympathising for them?

Another issue is that I have tried to explain my faltering iman and lack of guidance to my parents' imam and he sways the subject whenever I ask a question and consults with them on my issues. I rather my faults be discussed neutrally.

I would admit I have stopped praying salaah and only do so when there is congregation and when i am confronted on it. I feel genuinely lost and I know the advice here is to resume salaah. I know this is my fault - i have deviated a lot in my path.

I also feel like there is alot of issues which doesent have consensus from muslims in general. I would like to hopefully get some answers on? Islam and its treatment of women - i feel there is such a negative culture in regards to dressing. There is a difference between modesty and then dressing the way you want. I do feel islam does tend to be male orientated. Women should refrain from so and so to prevent male from feeling/doing so and so. Punishments in arab countries? I am doubtful that this is a fair representation of islam- i would like to think that Allah subhanatallah would be the ultimate instigator of justice- so are arabs allowed to take matters into their own hands according to islam? - me living within a western country and studying politics often exposes some thoughts that cause me to think twice about what i believe in. I know that the hateful tone towards islam in the media is something to aware and discerning of but I can't help but feel that the current unertakings by muslims are so misled.

I have been criticised for being 'liberal' - but I am definitely not westernised - I just feel like islam would naturally incline you to want to supress sinning yet I feel everyday I arrive home I have a criticism shoved down my throat.

There has been times where I refrain from defending myself when confronted for my lack of religious participation because I fear I will worry my parents and they will force me in to an islamic school - they have even gone so far to request I leave university - this may seem an irrational and superflous but this is the case and sometimes i cannot voice rationality to my parents without causing the issue to be taken out of context. I appreciate my mother's concern but her requesting me to go to an islamic school will aliente me further. I have only really expressed my lack of faith to my close friend and she also feels very similar although unfortunately she feels she doesent have a family that practices islam on a daily basis if not at all. The lack of voicing my thoughts and my contemplation is evidently led to unhealthy and concerning thoughts as shown above. There is times I just cry and feel genuine anguish and seek comfort in music or drawing.

I acknowledge these problems are vast and may be difficult to answer but I would appreciate any help from fellow sisters/brothers.

JazakAllah
    Last edited by ashlee; 16-10-14, 05:06 AM.

Re: Struggling with Islam

:salams

1. Sister, homosexuality was declared a mental disorder by psychologist as a whole. It was even included in their manual as an illness. It is only recently that people started being "open" and this sickness is being normalized. However, Islam does not change for people. Allah's religion is pure.

My advice would be to accept that it's forbidden and not think too much into it. It really shouldn't affect your daily life, anyways.

2. As for salaah, you just need to get yourself to do it. It's as simple as that. Remember, this is th efirst thing you will be asked about on the Day of Judgement. Salaah is very easy and takes only 5 - 10 minutes 5 times a day. So, don't let your mind fool you into thinking it's some big chore, and just do it!

3.Women dress modestly in Islam because Allah has told them to. So, you don't need to worry about what men think, feel, see, do, etc. Do it for the sake of your Lord, and that's that.

4. Don't judge Islam by what misguided Muslims are doing. In fact, make Dua'a to Allah to grant us all proper understanding of Islam so we can all be good Muslims.

Anyways, start praying 6 times a day, first and foremost. And, :insha: get more involved with whatever Islamic things your family does. It will bring you closer to Allah :insha:

May Allah grant you goodness, increase your imaan, and keep you steadfast on the Truth.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Salam Sis,

The thing I notice today with a lot of us is that we are some what ungrateful, ignorance and can't pick up our own responsibility. We should be grateful that we are born in muslim families think about all those you aren't? Today with all things you hear about Islam it puts people off. Imagine if we were born in a different religion? Probably not even 20-30% of us would've converted, this is in away Allah love for us, so we should do the upmost to pay him back and keep him happy.

The way I look at it today, we don't take our own responsibility and love to blame people around us for our short comings. This may work in this world, but it is something that won't work in front allah (swt). We will all be question for our own sins/wrong doings. You can go to allah and say to him that its your parents fault for not being religious, the society faults, and that you had no one to guide you, but he'll respond by saying "he was always there for you".

At the end I understand its hard, but don't do this for anyone else, but for allah (swt) and of course yourself. Don't listen to what people have to say I can guarantee you almost everyone has gone through this and many have come on top. Just keep learning. You're in university you know better then anyone else that you need to take time out to do homework and study for test/exams if you want to pass and become better in the profession you're chasing after. This is the same thing take time out to pray to allah (swt), read the qu'ran thank him for what he has given you and to guide you. Your imaam itself will become stronger.

Comment

Salaam,

Opinion are not a subtitute for truth. I see you mentioned "I feel" a lot on your post. "I feel" are opinion, and opinion are useless in front of fact and truth. You as human may think that the law are unjust, but in the eye of God it is the just and right things to do. Opinon are changed based on the age and the place where we live, if we live in environment that colored with violence then we will think that violence is normal. Islam is breaking all those opinion that based on age and place, Islam give us humans set of rules that can be used until the end of time.

Surah Yunus verse 36:
        "Most of them only follow conjectures; and surely conjecture can be no substitute for truth. Allah is well aware of whatever they do. "

Dont be afraid utter what you think about islam in front of your Imam and parents. Discuss with them for the sake finding the truth, not for finding agreement.

Comment

Salaam,
          Unfortunately going for higher education can be a gift and curse at the same time. Being at an university allows you to meet other people and learn how other people live which sometimes opens your mind which can be a good and bad thing, but you can't allow it to change your actions and think something is right after you've been told it's wrong. Just because one person jump off a bridge doesn't mean you need to also. I too come into contact with a lot of homosexual people and surprisingly it is becoming more and more accepted where I live. According to the Quran it is wrong, but that doesn't mean that I shame them or tell them they're wrong when I come in contact with them. I am not a judgmental person, I let Allah judge! I worry about myself and believe me that's more than enough for me to handle.

Praying is important, it keeps you close to Allah, keeps you focused on what he wants you to be doing. I would do whatever it takes to get to that 5.

Sometimes, it does seem as though in Islam you are to just behave a certain way without thinking why you actually should. I'm an inquisitive person by nature so to hear because the Quran says so, doesn't always satisfy my need understand why something is a benefit for me to do certain things. It can be a hard balance.

Comment

:salams

The love that a husband a wife share is not comparable to the kind of love between two men or two women. You can see the perfect picture of marriage when you look at Adam and Eve [peace be upon them]. Two different sexes that compliment one another. We mature differently and think differently-- we're wired differently. The Qur'an is a heterosexual book; when it talks about marriage, it is always referring to a man and woman. Not a single passage in the Qur'an talks about homosexuality in a positive manner. If God defines what love is, it follows that anything which departs from that is not love. A same sex couple cannot duplicate the complimentary nature of the relationship shared between Adam and Eve, because a person of the same sex was never meant to be someone's soul mate.

Of course you should look upon homosexuals with compassion. What is more loving, though? affirming them in their sin or recognizing their sin for what it is? love goes beyond what makes you feel good. If I know someone that smokes, how would it be loving if I affirmed his/her smoking habit in order to make them feel good? I know that Islam's position on homosexuality is unpopular, but we need to make a choice; are we going to care more about glorifying God by staying true to His principles or are we going to care more about the feelings of men/women? we can take that one step further; is man more important or is God?
            Last edited by drac16; 16-10-14, 11:32 AM.
            "Wert thou to follow the common run of those on earth, they will lead thee away from the way of Allah. They follow nothing but conjecture: they do nothing but lie." (surah 6:116)

Comment

Salamu 'alaykum sister,

What I get from your thread is that basically you don't really care for
              Islam. You don't pray and you are not motivated to pray. You seem lost
              because on one hand you are happy with not being religious and on the other
              hand you feel guilty for not worshipping Allah.
              You have to pick one to get out of this cycle. Why do you want to be religious?
              Or maybe the better question is do you want to be religious? I sense that you really
              don't. Any person with good imaan would love to go to an islamic school.
              You wouldn't have been thinking about homosexuality if you had done your 5
              salah everyday. But you chose not to do them And over time you become distant to
              Allah. When we are distant to Allah we are on our own as He doesn't feel obligated
              to protect us. Why should He? He made a very simple request. You have 24 hours
              a day, turn to me 5 times 3 minutes equals 15 mins a day. But you thought that
              was too much. Allah even told Prophets, peace be upon them, to pray so theres wisdom
              behind it.
              You have low motivation which all started from not praying. It really is that simple of a problem.
              We don'f pray we lose contact with Allah then we don't want to obey Him everything is
              inconvenient and next thing we fall Into all kinds of sins. You need to do some soul searching and
              ask yourself if you want to be close to Allah.
              Once you decide to do that then you must force your soul to do worships that are not convenient
              such as salah, avoiding friends that invite you to sin, reading wur'an, going to masjid.
              I say force because someone in your situation is not likely to get up and want to do salah.
              In the future yes but now no. Good luck in your jihad!

Comment

prodigy I'm only telling her what she needs to do to become more religous.
                Isn't that what the OP wants? if the OP is here to ask us to accept her way of
                life then she can completely ignore my comments. I'm only going to command
                what Allah commands such as avoiding bad friends, praying 5 times a day.
                If the OP wants us to give her a high five for not praying and somehow comfort her
                that it's ok to not pray then this is the wrong place. There are many non-muslim discussion
                boards that will tell her it's ok keep doing that. But that's contrary to the Qur'an....so I'm not
                Sure what your point is. A non-motivated person has to force their soul to pray until
                the soul likes it. It's that simple for us muslims .

Comment

Originally posted by Zakarya View Post
                  prodigy I'm only telling her what she needs to do to become more religous.
                  Isn't that what the OP wants? if the OP is here to ask us to accept her way of
                  life then she can completely ignore my comments. I'm only going to command
                  what Allah commands such as avoiding bad friends, praying 5 times a day.
                  If the OP wants us to give her a high five for not praying and somehow comfort her
                  that it's ok to not pray then this is the wrong place. There are many non-muslim discussion
                  boards that will tell her it's ok keep doing that. But that's contrary to the Qur'an....so I'm not
                  Sure what your point is. A non-motivated person has to force their soul to pray until
                  the soul likes it. It's that simple for us muslims .
                  Maybe it was just the tone of your response. It's possible the OP was just looking for support and encouragement. I don't think she should be coddled for not following Islam but at the same time not beat over the head either.

Comment

Originally posted by Geena1999 View Post
                    Maybe it was just the tone of your response. It's possible the OP was just looking for support and encouragement. I don't think she should be coddled for not following Islam but at the same time not beat over the head either.
                    Missing salah is huge! How do you explain to Allah why you didn't pray? It's 15 minutes
                    a day. So when responding to someone who admits they don't pray we have to
                    basically shake them and say what is wrong with you, how can you do that? Every single
                    prophet prayed. It's the act of the believer. Missing it is the reason people go astray
                    and then come asking why their imaan is low, why they have some perverted desires,
                    Why they can't stop sinning, why they are depressed, and so on the list goes on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by ashlee View Post
                      Salaam,

I am new to this, so please bear with me,

I want to address a few issues I have been having with myself, I kindly request any form of debate be done in a civil manner - Thank you.

Firstly, the title suggests and cuts straight through the point - I am struggling with Islam and would like to explain my situation and I am seeking advice from anyone who can give genuine and respectable advice.

I live with a fairly practicing family - alhamdulillah everyone prays and there is no lack of faith except in me.
                      It's not that I don't reject Islam - its just certain prospects that really worries me that I am sinning dearly. For instance, I travel to university in central London, I meet and converse with a range of people and thats led me to believe I am fairly open minded. One thing that I think I have trouble with is homosexuality - I know the general discipline on this matter is that its forbidden to act on homosexuality - thing is, I don't disapprove, I feel like if someone loves someone and treats them with respect - why should we disregard that? I just don't wan't to percieve someone in a ill manner like the fact they may go to hell? Its not my call on matters of akhirah but I have a hard time not sympathising for them?

Another issue is that I have tried to explain my faltering iman and lack of guidance to my parents' imam and he sways the subject whenever I ask a question and consults with them on my issues. I rather my faults be discussed neutrally.

I would admit I have stopped praying salaah and only do so when there is congregation and when i am confronted on it. I feel genuinely lost and I know the advice here is to resume salaah. I know this is my fault - i have deviated a lot in my path.

I also feel like there is alot of issues which doesent have consensus from muslims in general. I would like to hopefully get some answers on? Islam and its treatment of women - i feel there is such a negative culture in regards to dressing. There is a difference between modesty and then dressing the way you want. I do feel islam does tend to be male orientated. Women should refrain from so and so to prevent male from feeling/doing so and so. Punishments in arab countries? I am doubtful that this is a fair representation of islam- i would like to think that Allah subhanatallah would be the ultimate instigator of justice- so are arabs allowed to take matters into their own hands according to islam? - me living within a western country and studying politics often exposes some thoughts that cause me to think twice about what i believe in. I know that the hateful tone towards islam in the media is something to aware and discerning of but I can't help but feel that the current unertakings by muslims are so misled.

I have been criticised for being 'liberal' - but I am definitely not westernised - I just feel like islam would naturally incline you to want to supress sinning yet I feel everyday I arrive home I have a criticism shoved down my throat.

There has been times where I refrain from defending myself when confronted for my lack of religious participation because I fear I will worry my parents and they will force me in to an islamic school - they have even gone so far to request I leave university - this may seem an irrational and superflous but this is the case and sometimes i cannot voice rationality to my parents without causing the issue to be taken out of context. I appreciate my mother's concern but her requesting me to go to an islamic school will aliente me further. I have only really expressed my lack of faith to my close friend and she also feels very similar although unfortunately she feels she doesent have a family that practices islam on a daily basis if not at all. The lack of voicing my thoughts and my contemplation is evidently led to unhealthy and concerning thoughts as shown above. There is times I just cry and feel genuine anguish and seek comfort in music or drawing.

I acknowledge these problems are vast and may be difficult to answer but I would appreciate any help from fellow sisters/brothers.

JazakAllah

Walaykum salam wa rahmatullah,

Most of us here have been through these kind of doubts, whether we want to admit it or not. It happens to us because we're a religious minority and it's human to want to feel normal, ie like the norm.

What you need to understand is that Non-Muslims live their lives according to their own beliefs, values, understandings and we need to do the same.

Christians believe Jesus (as) died for their sins so Heaven as been promised to them for as long as they believe that.

Religions like Hinduism,Buddhism, Shintoism, Jainism etc. believe in reincarnation, so if they mess up, they get to come back and try again.

Atheists don't believe in a higher power so their purpose in life is to enjoy it to the fullest while racing against their biggest enemy (death).

Agnostics are basically prudent atheists. They don't deny the possibility of the existence of God.... just in case He does exist.

Deists do believe in God but don't want to worship Him so they reject religions.

Where do we find ourselves in all of that? We believe in One God who sent us here as a test, those who obey Him will get eternal peace and happiness, those who don't will be punished for their disbelief. He sends messengers to let us know who He is, what we should / shouldn't do to succeed, what's gonna happen if we do and what's gonna happen if we don't. He gives us signs, He reveals to us part of what He has kept hidden and He guides those who want His guidance. He also lets people who don't want His guidance go astray. He's fair and He gives everyone what everyone wants.

Disbelievers, as I wrote above live their lives according to how they perceive this life. They don't believe for the most part that they'll be held accountable for their actions after their death and that's why they're worshiping their desires.

Homosexuality is the perfect example of that. Biologically and physiologically speaking, homosexuality makes no sense whatsoever, that's why people of the same gender can't reproduce through sex. I'll even go further by saying that sex doesn't naturally occur between them. There needs to be some DEVIANCE involved (as in deviated from what should naturally occur) for sexual satisfaction to be reached. Please don't ask me to give details. We all know how they do it.

Let's say a very dark skin afro-textured hair woman marries the palest skin, bone straight hair Asian male.Their offspring would be perfectly normal and healthy in every sense of the word. Why? Because it's NATURAL for people of opposite genders to reproduce. No matter how different we look. How our cultures and lifestyles differ. Men are made for women.

That's because Allah created Adam and Eve. Male and female to complement each other. Not Christopher and Joshua or Britney and Annabelle.

The truth stares them in the face but they will reject it to the end. People who don't believe they will be meeting their Lord will follow their unnatural desires and will try and make the entire Earth accept them.

Like most of us (at some point), you've become desensitized to homosexuality, because it's in everyone's face. Take a look at TV shows 14 years ago and those who started in the last 6 to 7 years. You can BARELY find one that doesn't have a gay character. Even animes, have ones nowadays. They were talking about introducing a (new) gay character in the show "The walking dead" that talks about a zombie apocalypse !!! What the heck for?? Well there needs to be a gay guy in every show, even when they're completely irrelevant. Next, gay zombies who only eat their own gender?

You watch this or that show and you really like that funny gay guy... then it slowly makes its way into your head "what's wrong with being gay after all, this one's ok." That's exactly what they want. No it's not a conspiracy theory it's just psychology 101. This is how the human mind works and it's a strategy that has proven its efficiency again and again.

They celebrate Lady Gaga, Sia, Fergie, Megan Fox, and every other celebrity who brags about being bisexual. They put celebrities who come out of the closet on a PEDESTAL: Wentworth Miller, Raven Symone, Jodie Foster, Anderson Cooper, Kim Basinger / Alec Baldwin's daughter etc... Why? They want to NORMALIZE homosexuality. They want children and teenagers growing up thinking it's perfectly acceptable, even desirable. It becomes "cool" to be gay or bi, it shows "evolution" and "open-mindedness" and that one is "comfortable in his/her sexuality" and that they just "love humans, love is love".

In Denmark there are animal brothels. Yes, actually brothels where human beings go to have sex with goats, horses etc. and it's perfectly legal. Don't believe me, look it up. But here we are. Most people find it disgusting today but let's see if in 30 years they won't introduce a TV show with a guy who lives a passionate love story with his dog. Then 10 years later people will start advocating for zoophiles' rights. Then after that they'll be movies with human/animal love glorified... and guess what, less than a hundred years later, a young Muslim will start asking himself "what's wrong with a human loving his horse? love is love! why should they go to hell for that?"

You think I'm exaggerating? To those of us whom Allah will grant long lives, I'm sure we'll witness things we couldn't possibly dream of happening in 2014. Just ask your grandparents what they think of today's world.

You NEED to start praying again. Obligatory prayers are just that: obligatory. Even if they weren't, know that they are a protection because they're a direct link to Allah. You can be 100 % sure that your doubts will NOT decrease for as long as you abandon the salah. By not praying, not only are you committing a major sin, you're actually lending an attentive ear to the whispers of Shaytan. He's a shameless liar and manipulator but you can shut him up by talking to your Lord.

Learn more about Islam. Choose a specific subject : women's rights, paradise and hellfire, predestination, stories of the prophets, islamic history, jurisprudence, theology, wisdoms behind certain commandments(like wearing hijab or not drinking alcohol) and research it. Watch videos. Read reputed books or look for an imam, write to a famous speaker (they all have Facebook pages nowadays). When you don't understand ASK QUESTIONS don't make your own conclusions.

The more you learn, the higher your iman will get. The higher it gets, the less doubts you'll have.

May Allah open our hearts to Islam and keep us away from the plots of the kuffar.
                      Last edited by Bint_M; 17-10-14, 03:36 PM.
                      Ignorance is destroying this ummah faster than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Bint_M View Post
                        Walaykum salam wa rahmatullah,

Most of us here have been through these kind of doubts, whether we want to admit it or not. It happens to us because we're a religious minority and it's human to want to feel normal, ie like the norm.

What you need to understand is that Non-Muslims live their lives according to their own beliefs, values, understandings and we need to do the same.

Christians believe Jesus (as) died for their sins so Heaven as been promised to them for as long as they believe that.

Religions like Hinduism,Buddhism, Shintoism, Jainism etc. believe in reincarnation, so if they mess up, they get to come back and try again.

Atheists don't believe in a higher power so their purpose in life is to enjoy it to the fullest while racing against their biggest enemy (death).

Agnostics are basically prudent atheists. They don't deny the possibility of the existence of God.... just in case He does exist.

Deists do believe in God but don't want to worship Him so they reject religions.

Where do we find ourselves in all of that? We believe in One God who sent us here as a test, those who obey Him will get eternal peace and happiness, those who don't will be punished for their disbelief. He sends messengers to let us know who He is, what we should / shouldn't do to succeed, what's gonna happen if we do and what's gonna happen if we don't. He gives us signs, He reveals to us part of what He has kept hidden and He guides those who want His guidance. He also lets people who don't want His guidance go astray. He's fair and He gives everyone what everyone wants.

Disbelievers, as I wrote above live their lives according to how they perceive this life. They don't believe for the most part that they'll be held accountable for their actions after their death and that's why they're worshiping their desires.

Homosexuality is the perfect example of that. Biologically and physiologically speaking, homosexuality makes no sense whatsoever, that's why people of the same gender can't reproduce through sex. I'll even go further by saying that sex doesn't naturally occur between them. There needs to be some DEVIANCE involved (as in deviated from what should naturally occur) for sexual satisfaction to be reached. Please don't ask me to give details. We all know how they do it.

Let's say a very dark skin afro-textured hair woman marries the palest skin, bone straight hair Asian male.Their offspring would be perfectly normal and healthy in every sense of the word. Why? Because it's NATURAL for people of opposite genders to reproduce. No matter how different we look. How our cultures and lifestyles differ. Men are made for women.

That's because Allah created Adam and Eve. Male and female to complement each other. Not Christopher and Joshua or Britney and Annabelle.

The truth stares them in the face but they will reject it to the end. People who don't believe they will be meeting their Lord will follow their unnatural desires and will try and make the entire Earth accept them.

Like most of us (at some point), you've become desensitized to homosexuality, because it's in everyone's face. Take a look at TV shows 14 years ago and those who started in the last 6 to 7 years. You can BARELY find one that doesn't have a gay character. Even animes, have ones nowadays. They were talking about introducing a (new) gay character in the show "The walking dead" that talks about a zombie apocalypse !!! What the heck for?? Well there needs to be a gay guy in every show, even when they're completely irrelevant. Next, gay zombies who only eat their own gender?

You watch this or that show and you really like that funny gay guy... then it slowly makes its way into your head "what's wrong with being gay after all, this one's ok." That's exactly what they want. No it's not a conspiracy theory it's just psychology 101. This is how the human mind works and it's a strategy that has proven its efficiency again and again.

They celebrate Lady Gaga, Sia, Fergie, Megan Fox, and every other celebrity who brags about being bisexual. They put celebrities who come out of the closet on a PEDESTAL: Wentworth Miller, Raven Symone, Jodie Foster, Anderson Cooper, Kim Basinger / Alec Baldwin's daughter etc... Why? They want to NORMALIZE homosexuality. They want children and teenagers growing up thinking it's perfectly acceptable, even desirable. It becomes "cool" to be gay or bi, it shows "evolution" and "open-mindedness" and that one is "comfortable in his/her sexuality" and that they just "love humans, love is love".

In Denmark there are animal brothels. Yes, actually brothels where human beings go to have sex with goats, horses etc. and it's perfectly legal. Don't believe me, look it up. But here we are. Most people find it disgusting today but let's see if in 30 years they won't introduce a TV show with a guy who lives a passionate love story with his dog. Then 10 years later people will start advocating for zoophiles' rights. Then after that they'll be movies with human/animal love glorified... and guess what, less than a hundred years later, a young Muslim will start asking himself "what's wrong with a human loving his horse? love is love! why should they go to hell for that?"

You think I'm exaggerating? To those of us whom Allah will grant long lives, I'm sure we'll witness things we couldn't possibly dream of happening in 2014. Just ask your grandparents what they think of today's world.

You NEED to start praying again. Obligatory prayers are just that: obligatory. Even if they weren't, know that they are a protection because they're a direct link to Allah. You can be 100 % sure that your doubts will NOT decrease for as long as you abandon the salah. By not praying, not only are you committing a major sin, you're actually lending an attentive ear to the whispers of Shaytan. He's a shameless liar and manipulator but you can shut him up by talking to your Lord.

Learn more about Islam. Choose a specific subject : women's rights, paradise and hellfire, predestination, stories of the prophets, islamic history, jurisprudence, theology, wisdoms behind certain commandments(like wearing hijab or not drinking alcohol) and research it. Watch videos. Read reputed books or look for an imam, write to a famous speaker (they all have Facebook pages nowadays). When you don't understand ASK QUESTIONS don't make your own conclusions.

The more you learn, the higher your iman will get. The higher it gets, the less doubts you'll have.

May Allah open our hearts to Islam and keep us away from the plots of the kuffar.
                        Excellent post! Thank you! Very well thought out!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X