Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it okay to lie?

Out of politeness.....Two conditions:

1. A male colleague (non-muslim) offers to take you home. It's okay to say that you have to go to somewhere else first (when in fact, not)

2. A muslim guy (non-practicing) asks to hang out together in the weekend. Is it okay to say, you have another appointment (when in fact, not)

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Re: Is it okay to lie?

Originally posted by Mockingjay View Post

1. A male colleague (non-muslim) offers to take you home. It's okay to say that you have to go to somewhere else first (when in fact, not)

2. A muslim guy (non-practicing) asks to hang out together in the weekend. Is it okay to say, you have another appointment (when in fact, not)
    1st one yes. If you intend to stay out of his company because that'll invite zina then its alright to lie.

2nd one yes. Reason is from 1st.

Whats the muslim guy intention of bringing you out?? Is it a group gathering or just you 2 ?

:-))

Comment

Anytime I use excuses/lies to get out of something haraam it backfires on me because the person will ask me again and will wonder whats up if I have an appointment everyday. I think its better to just be upfront though it will feel weird in the moment at least it will halt the questions for once.
      17-07

Comment

this is what i hate

NOW THE EASY THING WOULD BE TO SAY, NO I AM A MUSLIM AND I CANT BE WITH A MAN ALONE OR MIX FREELY WITH ME

but the minute u do that, u get picked apart, ''SO IF UR A PRACTISING MUSLIM, WHY DONT U DO THIS, OR THAT ''

U GET PICKED APART FOR NOT BEING PERFECT

so if u choose not to do wrong in one area, u get questioned why u arent doing something else

ALAS

TIS LIFE IN ITS CRUELEST FORM
        My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
          this is what i hate

NOW THE EASY THING WOULD BE TO SAY, NO I AM A MUSLIM AND I CANT BE WITH A MAN ALONE OR MIX FREELY WITH ME

but the minute u do that, u get picked apart, ''SO IF UR A PRACTISING MUSLIM, WHY DONT U DO THIS, OR THAT ''

U GET PICKED APART FOR NOT BEING PERFECT

so if u choose not to do wrong in one area, u get questioned why u arent doing something else

ALAS

TIS LIFE IN ITS CRUELEST FORM
          IKR

Oh Fairy, you really really can read my mind......

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

IKR

i dont need to read minds honey

ive lived a thousand lives

altho these lil lies are not long term solutions
            My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

IKR

To my knowledge, there are only 3 or so conditions when you can lie, and these dont look like either of them !

Just be polite but firm in both cases:

1) In case 1, you can actually go somewhere else first i.e to the shops to buy something, that way you are not lying
              2) In case 2, tell him honestly you dont really want to "hang out" ( but say I will introduce you to someone else you can hang out with - and introduce him to the non-muslim guy from case 1)

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
                i dont need to read minds honey

ive lived a thousand lives
                Lol. You're more super than cats that only have 9 lives!

Jk

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleTraveller View Post
                  To my knowledge, there are only 3 or so conditions when you can lie, and these dont look like either of them !

Just be polite but firm in both cases:

1) In case 1, you can actually go somewhere else first i.e to the shops to buy something, that way you are not lying
                  2) In case 2, tell him honestly you dont really want to "hang out" ( but say I will introduce you to someone else you can hang out with - and introduce him to the non-muslim guy from case 1)
                  I like how you make it sound so simple, bro :up:

#backtoreality still

justkiddingbtw
                  Last edited by Mockingjay; 07-09-14, 06:07 PM.

Comment

no.

It is only ok to lie in very limited circumstances, in jihad to deceive the enemy, to cause a reconciliation between two parties and the minor little lies to the mrs (no you don't look fat in that abaya)

would also add to hide your sin and to protect yourself from major harm, but this is a matter of lesser of two evils, not allowed or not allowed.

so given what you've said no it is not allowed to lie, in fact you are missing out on a major dawah opportunity by saying no and then explaining your reasons why.
                    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

of course, is called white lie

the only lie with is haraam is major lie that could ruin a life or make thing dificult for others

Comment

:salams

To be honest, just be frank and straightforward. Yes, it's not easy, but if you do it once, it'll be done and over with. However, if you make excuses like, "I have to go there and I have to meet so and so" then they will ask you again next week...And, then you'll have to make another excuse.

1. Just tell them it's OK, and you will be fine. Thank them and move on.
                        2. Tell them you don't really hang out and like to spend time at home catching up with work or being with family (which would be most likely true, so it's not lying).

At most, they'll think you are weird and anti-social, but who cares? Life goes on.

Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
                        1st one yes. If you intend to stay out of his company because that'll invite zina then its alright to lie.

2nd one yes. Reason is from 1st.

Whats the muslim guy intention of bringing you out?? Is it a group gathering or just you 2 ?

:-))
                        Where did you learn that it's alright to lie in these cases?
                        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

lets just say u procrastinated ur assignment , what excuse to u make for it not to be a lie other than procrastination?

Comment

Originally posted by sanabsanab View Post
                            of course, is called white lie

the only lie with is haraam is major lie that could ruin a life or make thing dificult for others
                            don't speak out of ignorance. lying is haram, full stop. there are a few exceptions but all lying is haram.
                            FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                              lets just say u procrastinated ur assignment , what excuse to u make for it not to be a lie other than procrastination?
                              that would be none, or else you'd be lying.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X