Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Supplements cause more liver damage, decadelong study finds

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
    Hm... well you could buy farm-raised fish to avoid mercury and younger fish taste better imo, but that's just my taste buds talking lol.

You could try lightly frying some chopped red/yellow/green bell peppers with some chopped eggplant and a little chicken or eggs for protein? They actually taste great in an omelet and they are colored veggies.

For sunnah don't forget honey! :)
    What I didn't mention in my earlier post was that I have dozens of food sensitivities as well so I can't just put a bunch of healthy ingredients together if they don't suit me. I do eat chicken regularly and bell peppers from time to time but my skin has a really bad reaction to eggs.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
      What I didn't mention in my earlier post was that I have dozens of food sensitivities as well so I can't just put a bunch of healthy ingredients together if they don't suit me. I do eat chicken regularly and bell peppers from time to time but my skin has a really bad reaction to eggs.
      Sorry I didn't know. Are you allergic to any types of beans? Most types are high in vitamins and have moderate protein :)

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
        Sorry I didn't know. Are you allergic to any types of beans? Most types are high in vitamins and have moderate protein :)
        I get stomach trouble when it comes to most types of beans as well as cauliflower, some types of daal/lentils, chickpeas... also peas, fish, eggs, sesame and nuts aggravate my skin (though i seem to tolerate red lentils so have those regularly). My worst reaction of all is to corn. My body also doesn't tolerate wheat so have to avoid that, have to avoid sugar as much as I can cos' that's known to aggravate lyme, my throat reacts badly to apples, dairy products also seem to worsen my throat so I keep dairy to a minimum, mushrooms cause bloating, certain fruits cause me pain so steer clear of many of those. Raw/fresh chillis seem to make me ill although I think i tolerate small amounts of mild chilli powder. I have problems with oats too.

That doesn't cover everything, there's other stuff I react to as well but that covers most of the main issues.
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

May Allah heal you and reward you for your patience sister. I can think of anything to say :(

Comment

One of the supplements with known hepatoxicity (according to the Navarro and his research) is hydroxycut.

Green tea extract was another cited one :S

Note:
            "Potential conflict of interest: Dr. Bonkovsky consults, advises, and received grants from Clinuvel. He consults and advises Alnylam and Recordati. He received grants from Vertex. Dr. Fontana consults for GlaxoSmithKline and received grants from Bristol-Myers Squibb, Gilead, Janssen, and Vertex. Dr. Reddy advises and received grants from Merck, Gilead, AbbVie, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Vertex, and Janssen. He advises Genentech-Roche and received grants from Genfit."

Victor J Navarro, the lead author of the paper however does not appear to have any conflict of interest.

I will try to download the paper and post a link if any one wishes to scrutinise it. It's an interest read regardless.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X