Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supplements cause more liver damage, decadelong study finds

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Supplements cause more liver damage, decadelong study finds

    http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1927820

  • #2
    Re: Supplements cause more liver damage, decadelong study finds

    :salams:

    :jkk:

    Every time someone mentions a healthy diet, there is always the advice to take supplements, as if it's some sort of a magic pill. I avoid this.

    Eat in moderation unless you are very very low in important vitamins/minerals.

    Also, fish oils are said to be a threat due to mercury content that can be harmful for humans
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Supplements cause more liver damage, decadelong study finds

      They are right aboot one thing. More resewrch is definitrly needed.

      They are dumping the market in one category. Among supplements there are proper and improper ones and people who are too eager.
      "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

      Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Supplements cause more liver damage, decadelong study finds

        ^:salams

        Some herbs can kill you, yet they are unregulated because they aren't classed as "drugs" by the FDA. Many supplements have already been banned or regulated for causing heart and liver problems, but only after people died from abusing them.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Supplements cause more liver damage, decadelong study finds

          Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
          ^:salams

          Some herbs can kill you, yet they are unregulated because they aren't classed as "drugs" by the FDA. Many supplements have already been banned or regulated for causing heart and liver problems, but only after people died from abusing them.
          walayk salam

          I am sure there are. This is a market in demand that is being flooded and people using stuff without doing proper research or unrealistic expectations.
          "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

          Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Supplements cause more liver damage, decadelong study finds

            Jazakillahu khayr
            If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

            Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
            There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Supplements cause more liver damage, decadelong study finds

              bodybuilding supplements?

              creatine and whey protein? ....

              now my dietician warned me of whey protein of how its heavy on the kidneys , but i doubt u'll ever find that info anywhere ... proly thrown somewhere under ...



              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Supplements cause more liver damage, decadelong study finds

                ^ You'll find it in a biology book. Many things are bad for the kidneys if taken in a large amount over a short period of time. The kidneys can only filter so much per hour. But if it's over a long period of time, then that should be fine. (Unless you have bad kidneys). Too much of certain things at once can overload the kidneys and they can't get rid of it fast enough, and can lead to acidosis.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Supplements cause more liver damage, decadelong study finds

                  I read in an article where it said that toothpastes containing flouride are harmful for our teeth. They eat the enamel of our teeth.
                  Dont have that article right now though :
                  Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Supplements cause more liver damage, decadelong study finds

                    Everything seems to be bad for us

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Supplements cause more liver damage, decadelong study finds

                      My Dr tried to get me on about 50 pills a day, it's ridiculous. I don't take that many but I do take A LOT- no wonder other lyme patients keep mentioning detox and liver flushes. Some are necessary meds but most are support supplements. I've tried cutting down on some supps but became more unwell so thought maybe I need them, but do worry about the long term consequences, it's all so confusing. The more info I read, the more I find out about new meds I should be on rather than how to get off the ones I'm currently taking.

                      I'm trying other tactics such as finding medicinal foods and alternatives to help avoid reliance on pills but many of the supps don't have suitable alternatives I can take. I'm watching this space to see how well didi gets on with juicing and if that works well then I might try that as a next step to improve my nutritional intake so that maybe I could come off some of the nutritional supps. My illness seems to behave like a parasite, which is why I'm prone to a lot of nutritional deficiencies so I am low in certain minerals and vits (hence the supps) and my diet hasn't been enough to bridge the gap even though it's healthy.
                      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Supplements cause more liver damage, decadelong study finds

                        Originally posted by GoogleSlayer View Post
                        I read in an article where it said that toothpastes containing flouride are harmful for our teeth. They eat the enamel of our teeth.
                        Dont have that article right now though :
                        Too much fluoride can cause fluorosis (when your teeth get white/brown streaks and then start becoming see-through). Many inner-city kids have it where they live on tap water, since many major cities fluoridate their water supply.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	teeth2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	10751918

                        http://www.collective-evolution.com/...eth-read-this/

                        Technically the name ‘Fluoride’ is scientifically inaccurate. Fluoride is a reduced form of Fluorine and is an element we can find on the periodic table. It can be naturally occurring but is known to cause a great deal of health problems for humans when exposed in excess. What must now be understood is when we are speaking about Fluoride from here on out in this article, is that we are not just talking about a naturally occurring substance. We are referring to a chemical mixture that is sold under the name of Fluoride that contains a wide array of chemicals putting this substance in category 4 of the hazardous materials scale. This is the highest and most dangerous rating a substance can receive. This extremely toxic, hazardous chemical is illegal to dump and would cost companies a hefty price tag to properly dispose of it. Instead, the waste is sold to cities and towns where they are then legally dumped into water supplies.

                        Facts:

                        The chemical names of the main substances used in wate fluoridation practices are hydrofluorocilicic acid, hexafluorisilisic acid and sodium silicofluroride.

                        It is illegal to dump the hazardous fluoride waste products hydrofluorocilicic acid, hexafluorisilisic acid and sodium silicofluroride into water streams, rivers or environment. It is considered an act of terrorism to do so. Yet it is legal to do and accepted as a safe practice when we add it to our water supply under the guise that it is helping with dental hygiene. This theory of helping with dental hygiene is built off of assumptions and not science. Currently, there is no evidence to suggest water fluoridation helps prevent tooth decay.

                        Roughly 99% of the water pumped through municipalities is not consumed through the mouth. Most is used for showering, watering crops and washing clothes. Given these facts, most of it ends up in streams, rivers and in oceans, where it is destroying and contaminating our environment. Due to the fact most of this does not touch our teeth but instead goed into the environment suggests water fluoridation is a practice put in place to legally dump this hazardous waste product. What is consumed by humans does nothing more than harm our bodies.

                        24 studies have shown a link between fluoride exposure and the lowering of IQ. When you really think about it though, is it all that surprising that brain function is hindered by the consumption of an extremely hazardous substance?

                        Fluoride is an unapproved drug being used in a highly illegal mass medication scheme. Fluoride is said to be voluntary by municipalities but the people never get to vote. The drug has not been approved by any drug agency and no one has been assessed for prescriptions.

                        Fluoride is so toxic and dangerous that it has the ability to eat through metal and concrete. A fluoride spill results in the use of haz-mat suits to clean up.

                        Water fluoridation is nothing more than the dumping of industries hazardous waste into people and our environment to avoid having to pay to dispose of the waste. They in fact make a profit instead.

                        Drinking fluoridated water has never been scientifically proven to reduce tooth decay.

                        Research has found that fluoride affects normal endocrine function, causes kidney disease, bone weakness, dental fluorosis, cancer, lowering of IQ, calcification of the pineal gland, arthritis, immune deficiencies, skeletal fluorosis and much more.


                        What Can We Do?

                        Stop drinking fluoridated water. Use a filtration system in your home that filters out fluoride. Most filters can also remove chlorine which is another harmful chemical. Brita water filters do not remove fluoride, something like a reverse osmosis system will work best.

                        Educate your doctors and dentists about where fluoride really comes from. The majority of the time those professionals are not trying to hurt you they just don’t know the truth behind the substance. They are limited to what their education taught them which is funded by the companies who are doing this.

                        Spread this information with others and your city politicians to put an end to water fluoridation. Be neutral and open as you talk about this information with them so they will take you seriously. Too often anger related to the issue makes it seem like it’s not something worth looking into.

                        Watch and share our documentary about fluoride. (there is a video here but I can't copy-paste that lol)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Supplements cause more liver damage, decadelong study finds

                          Originally posted by neelu View Post
                          My Dr tried to get me on about 50 pills a day, it's ridiculous. I don't take that many but I do take A LOT- no wonder other lyme patients keep mentioning detox and liver flushes. Some are necessary meds but most are support supplements. I've tried cutting down on some supps but became more unwell so thought maybe I need them, but do worry about the long term consequences, it's all so confusing. The more info I read, the more I find out about new meds I should be on rather than how to get off the ones I'm currently taking.

                          I'm trying other tactics such as finding medicinal foods and alternatives to help avoid reliance on pills but many of the supps don't have suitable alternatives I can take. I'm watching this space to see how well didi gets on with juicing and if that works well then I might try that as a next step to improve my nutritional intake so that maybe I could come off some of the nutritional supps. My illness seems to behave like a parasite, which is why I'm prone to a lot of nutritional deficiencies so I am low in certain minerals and vits (hence the supps) and my diet hasn't been enough to bridge the gap even though it's healthy.
                          What kind of foods are you trying? I know leafy greens and fish are very high in vitamins.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Supplements cause more liver damage, decadelong study finds

                            Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                            What kind of foods are you trying? I know leafy greens and fish are very high in vitamins.
                            Yes you are right leafy greens are good but it's better to only eat fish twice a week cos' of the mercury issue. Colourful vegetables are also very good whether they are purple, red or yellow or whatever so a range of colours in your veg basket would be really good too. I don't eat as much veg as I should but didi tells me juicing is very good for veg so that's one option.

                            So far I'm trying sunnah foods such as dates, black seed, honey and olive oil but also for their medicinal properties I'm trying garlic, neem, turmeric, beetroot, lemon water and trying to ensure as much of my food is organic as possible.
                            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Supplements cause more liver damage, decadelong study finds

                              Originally posted by neelu View Post
                              Yes you are right leafy greens are good but it's better to only eat fish twice a week cos' of the mercury issue. Colourful vegetables are also very good whether they are purple, red or yellow or whatever so a range of colours in your veg basket would be really good too. I don't eat as much veg as I should but didi tells me juicing is very good for veg so that's one option.

                              So far I'm trying sunnah foods such as dates, black seed, honey and olive oil but also for their medicinal properties I'm trying garlic, neem, turmeric, beetroot, lemon water and trying to ensure as much of my food is organic as possible.
                              Hm... well you could buy farm-raised fish to avoid mercury and younger fish taste better imo, but that's just my taste buds talking lol.

                              You could try lightly frying some chopped red/yellow/green bell peppers with some chopped eggplant and a little chicken or eggs for protein? They actually taste great in an omelet and they are colored veggies.

                              For sunnah don't forget honey! :)

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X