Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I Dont Need a Makeup Tutorial to Teach Me How to Wear a Hijab

Assallamualaikum,

I'm curious to see what fellow Muslim sisters think about the write-up below? Thanks,

http://underabluetree.com/2014/05/wh...-wear-a-hijab/

17-07

Comment

Why I Don’t Need a Makeup Tutorial to Teach Me How to Wear a Hijab

Hijab is a covering. It is prescribed on male and females.
      khimar is the headscarf.
      نحن قوما اعزنا الله بالإسلام فإن ابتغينا عزة بغيره أذلنا الله

Comment

Originally posted by n0.n4m3 View Post
        Hijab is a covering. It is prescribed on male and females.
        khimar is the headscarf.
        yeah, but most ppl see hijab as the veil, so many prefer just to say that to make it less confusing, I guess.

Anyway, interesting article. I don't really have much to say about it because I'm not very much into makeup in general. But I do like the positive way in which she portrayed women, and then proceeded to talk about the Islamic part. She mentioned about how every woman can have her style as long as it is halal, and then proceeded to say that makeup shouldnt be needed for hijab. Its a better approach than talking about the fitna of women and why we should keep our makeup off.
        www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Why I Don’t Need a Makeup Tutorial to Teach Me How to Wear a Hijab

"There's a difference between looking presentable and looking like a presentation" - love it!
            اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ

Comment

Re: Why I Don’t Need a Makeup Tutorial to Teach Me How to Wear a Hijab

I think the point she made about how the experience of a 10 year old in 2014 vs. those of us who started hijab 10-20 years ago being totally different, I don't remember half the things we see today being prevalent and if they we're I was sheltered from it completly.
              17-07

Comment

Originally posted by SheSaid View Post
                I think the point she made about how the experience of a 10 year old in 2014 vs. those of us who started hijab 10-20 years ago being totally different, I don't remember half the things we see today being prevalent and if they we're I was sheltered from it completly.
                I didn't even know there was such a thing as makeup tutorials for hijabis until about 2 years ago.
                www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                  :salams:

:jkk:

Good post

I agree with what the writer has said

Yes, it seems like we're shifting away from the main reason why we cover up, instead we are trying to beautify the hijab by making ourselves look more attractive. This is contradiction because this is not the purpose of the hijab. Sometimes when I go to places with and see muslim girls, I have to say the girls are like supermodels, and sometimes that makes me feel 'ugly' about myself. But I know, where I stand :insha:

('we' = not meaning everyone)
                  Its wierd I feel like its almost become an expectation to be fashionable even within muslim circles. I know some people who base who they will be friends with based on if that person dresses fashionably or not.
                  17-07

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X