I don't have insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have insurance

And my friend (non muslim) was like wooowww how come you don't have insurance at all? These days we need to have at least one insurance. For health protection and later when you die you can inherit the money to your family.

I kept silent.

I didn't say to her that I actually canceled my insurance policy. Because I was scared that my family would eat riba money when I die later. And I couldn't imagine how I would be severely punished in hellfire because of that sin. From that time on, I insure myself to Allah. Well, of course I save money for emergency fund. But I hope when I die, I won't leave any haram money or wealth.

I don't know. I think it's kinda hard to be against the mainstream these days. People will always think I am careless with my life because I don't wanna take insurace, I don't wanna take any mortgage. I don't wanna take leasing for buying vehicle. They keep telling me,YOU WON'T HAVE ANYTHING if you do that.

Why would we have EVERYTHING? Why would we have everything when someday we're all gonna die and nothing's gonna be taken into my grave?

Sorry for my rant. This is the only place I can vent. Because if I talk about these stuffs with people out here, they just don't understand and see me weirdly.
    Last edited by Mockingjay; 04-09-14, 10:33 AM.

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Re: I don't have insurance

Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullah..

We Muslims are very lucky, because we have an insurer who takes such care of all of His creation, regardless as to whether His creation abide by the terms and conditions or not!

Don't feel as if we are worse off if we don't have health insurance.

I, or we do not take care of our families, Allah takes care of our families. I do not provide my family with food, water and other consumables. All of this is the provision from Allah.

And the provision of Allah is not dependent on me being alive or dead, or working or not, or insured or not.

وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
    Al Baqarah : Verse 13

Comment

Originally posted by Mockingjay View Post
      And my friend (non muslim) was like wooowww how come you don't have insurance at all? These days we need to have at least one insurance. For health protection and later when you die you can inherit the money to your family.

I kept silent.

I didn't say to her that I actually canceled my insurance policy. Because I was scared that my family would eat riba money when I die later. And I couldn't imagine how I would be severely punished in hellfire because of that sin. From that time on, I insure myself to Allah. Well, of course I save money for emergency fund. But I hope when I die, I won't leave any haram money or wealth.

I don't know. I think it's kinda hard to be against the mainstream these days. People will always think I am careless with my life because I don't wanna take insurace, I don't wanna take any mortgage. I don't wanna take leasing for buying vehicle. They keep telling me,YOU WON'T HAVE ANYTHING if you do that.

Why would we have EVERYTHING? Why would we have everything when someday we're all gonna die and nothing's gonna be taken into my grave?

Sorry for my rant. This is the only place I can vent. Because if I talk about these stuffs with people out here, they just don't understand and see me weirdly.
      May Allah Azza wa Jall reward you for the correct knowledge and acting upon it. One thing I would point out is that when we are living in a non-Muslim land and the government that we live under forces one to pay for insurance like auto and health, then it becomes a tax on us and the moral responsibility rests on the legislator of that act.
      "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Alhamdulillah I live in a muslim country so insurance is optional. I am not emphasizing on obliged insurance actually, but it's about insurance by choice.

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

in UK car insurance is compulsory unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by seagulls1999 View Post
            in UK car insurance is compulsory unfortunately
            for chip car insurance, go tu compare the market.com
            Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometime helps me and sometime opposes me

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X