Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screaming "salaam" in the masjid

Assalaamualakum,

A kutbah speaker came to the masjid for jum'a. Some people were there in the masjid. Some people were relaxing, others were praying, some were reading the Qur'an. The ones that were praying, I think it was the masjid greeting prayer, not a missed fajar prayer. Once the speaker can into the masjid, he yelled "as salaamu alay kum" and only part of the people in the masjid responded. Then in the kutbah he talked about how it's haram not to respond to salaams. How is it appropriate to scream salaam in the masjid? If everyone that came in did that, it would disturb so many prayers, people wouldn't be able to read the Qur'an in the masjid. Isn't there a time and place to say salaam?

Re: Screaming "salaam" in the masjid

Waalaikumussalam,
    Hmmm interesting question
    Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

screaming anything is a bit much so no don't scream

However

In terms of salaam then you should give salaam on entering even an empty house

I personally believe that responding to salam by raising the right hand even when praying is rewardable

Comment

There are angels inside the masjid right, so you say a general salam.
        But if you do not say salam to someone specific when you enter masjid, should everyone reply when they hear the salam or one or two replies will suffice ?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
          There are angels inside the masjid right, so you say a general salam.
          But if you do not say salam to someone specific when you enter masjid, should everyone reply when they hear the salam or one or two replies will suffice ?
          as I understand it when entering a place with multiple people you should give a general salaam or if shaking hands shake everyones etc

Also if a general salaam is given then even one person replying is sufficient , however we get reward for returning salaam and moreso if we respond with higher greeting so if someone say AS we say ASWR etc

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
            as I understand it when entering a place with multiple people you should give a general salaam or if shaking hands shake everyones etc

Also if a general salaam is given then even one person replying is sufficient , however we get reward for returning salaam and moreso if we respond with higher greeting so if someone say AS we say ASWR etc
            Ok cool

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post

That's what I heard also. It not necessary for everyone to respond, although it's good if you do.

Comment

Working...
              X