Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mixed prayer rooms

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
    You need to get yourself one of these...obviously set it up when only your in the room :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Frostfire-50...rds=door+brace

(or maybe just lock the door if it has a lock)

Lol, I doubt she can do that at work?? Someone would be smart enough to barge it and the sister would have to bear the cost :/

Comment

Originally posted by Khadijah_24 View Post
      Lol, I doubt she can do that at work?? Someone would be smart enough to barge it and the sister would have to bear the cost :/
      Yep!

Maybe just add a note to the outside saying it's occupied.

Comment

Originally posted by Khadijah_24 View Post
        Awww miskeena!! There is some good advice on this thread, like maybe ask if there can be a separate prayer room from the facilities manager or someone with a similar role. Also, put a note in the prayer room (outside of prayer time so obv it's less awkward), asking the men to do wudhu at the mosque for Jummah so the women can pray Dhuhr. May Allah (swt) make it easier for you sis. I intend to send an email on Monday morning, if you like I can post what I send on this thread and then maybe, others can use it too?
        Thanks for the ideas sis I will try them out:up:

Comment

Okay, so I didn't have time to have an email sent out this morning. But I did have a brief chat with the support staff who arrange the logistics whenever I have to work at a different location and apparently they can make the request on my behalf from now on. Makes it seem more professional I think, especially since they make requests all the time like dietary requirements etc. I would never have the guts to bring it up, because like I said I was always grateful for being given anywhere to pray salah, but thanks to your kind words I brought it up and alhamdulilah it's worked out for the best.

Jzk for all your advice!! It was really, really appreciated. May Allah (swt) reward you all for your efforts.
          Last edited by Khadijah_24; 01-09-14, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X