Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is coffee haram?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Is coffee haram?

    Originally posted by Burek View Post
    Caffeine is a central-nervous-system stimulant. It may change your mood etc. Now if it is haram or not I'm not sure but im not bothered since I'm not drinking any drinks containing caffeine. I'd also like you to mention some medicines which contain alcohol.
    I'm not denying what you said. But the question was whether it was haram or not, and the answer to that is that isn't.

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Is coffee haram?

      Originally posted by AmeeraQ View Post
      There are 1000 kinds of weeds? Those that you smoke? I just know the smoking kind and i dont know that there are 1000 kinds, i must not be in touch with my colombian self.
      There are over 1000 strains of weed that can be smoked. Some stimulate receptors in your head (many of these make you feel identical to drinking a cup of coffee), some in your body (for those that need to relax their muscles or fall asleep), some don't make you feel anything at all and are strictly anti-inflammatory. All these strains grow at different heights and sizes and require different kinds of nutrients from the soil and different environmental conditions. They are all given the same name; cannabis, weed, dope, kush, ganja, marijuana to name a few.

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Is coffee haram?

        Originally posted by newmuslimguy View Post
        There are over 1000 strains of weed that can be smoked. Some stimulate receptors in your head (many of these make you feel identical to drinking a cup of coffee), some in your body (for those that need to relax their muscles or fall asleep), some don't make you feel anything at all and are strictly anti-inflammatory. All these strains grow at different heights and sizes and require different kinds of nutrients from the soil and different environmental conditions. They are all given the same name; cannabis, weed, dope, kush, ganja, marijuana to name a few.
        My sister and my brother both smoke weed. Sadly, but when they stop smoking it they are very irritable and nervous, as soon as they smoke it this stops and they become entirely different..... I would not trust either of them operating machinery or driving while under weed, doesn't matter which kind of weed they smoked. Its not the same as coffee.

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: Is coffee haram?

          Originally posted by AmeeraQ View Post
          My sister and my brother both smoke weed. Sadly, but when they stop smoking it they are very irritable and nervous, as soon as they smoke it this stops and they become entirely different..... I would not trust either of them operating machinery or driving while under weed, doesn't matter which kind of weed they smoked. Its not the same as coffee.
          Well if there are over 1000 strains they may not have the ones in their area that are like coffee. They probably wouldn't like that kind anyway because I'm guessing that's not the feeling they're looking for. Marijuana affects people in very different ways and believe me I know people that smoke that just become stupid zombies after; that doesn't prove anything though. Unless they get their marijuana from a medical dispensary not only do they probably not know what strain they're smoking, but there is probably a few different strains just mixed together because then all the receptors throughout their body start to go crazy. How you feel when you smoke very much depends on the person and their intention, the strain and the dosage and you don't have to tell me most people abuse that; still doesn't prove anything.

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Is coffee haram?

            Originally posted by newmuslimguy View Post
            There are over 1000 strains of weed that can be smoked. Some stimulate receptors in your head (many of these make you feel identical to drinking a cup of coffee), some in your body (for those that need to relax their muscles or fall asleep), some don't make you feel anything at all and are strictly anti-inflammatory. All these strains grow at different heights and sizes and require different kinds of nutrients from the soil and different environmental conditions. They are all given the same name; cannabis, weed, dope, kush, ganja, marijuana to name a few.
            Weed is another thing where it has other effects which messes with your senses. Smoking weed is also damaging your body as any type of smoke damages the lungs.
            Quote me if you want an answer

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Is coffee haram?

              Originally posted by newmuslimguy View Post
              The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whatever intoxicates in large quantities, a little of it is haraam.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1865; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.
              Now the question is does caffeine intoxicate you? Is not controlling your sleep intoxication?
              Quote me if you want an answer

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: Is coffee haram?

                Originally posted by Burek View Post
                Now the question is does caffeine intoxicate you? Is not controlling your sleep intoxication?
                If caffeine is intoxicating then we can't drink tea or eat chocolates? Caffeine does not stop me from sleeping

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: Is coffee haram?

                  Originally posted by *Sweety* View Post
                  If caffeine is intoxicating then we can't drink tea or eat chocolates? Caffeine does not stop me from sleeping
                  Caffeine will make you unable to sleep, tried drinking a red bull before sleep? There is very very very little caffeine thats in chocolate i dont think it would count at all. Same for example with aspartam where the body gets a very little amount of alcohol. What I'm trying to say is that its negligible
                  Last edited by Burek; 02-07-15, 02:50 AM. Reason: grammar
                  Quote me if you want an answer

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Is coffee haram?

                    Originally posted by Burek View Post
                    Weed is another thing where it has other effects which messes with your senses. Smoking weed is also damaging your body as any type of smoke damages the lungs.
                    Did you not read the post before you responded? How can you make such a general statement about weed if there are over 1000 kinds. You can't say weed messes with your senses because there are over 1000 effects of weed, so it depends on which strain you use. Also, not only are there other ways of consuming marijuana without smoking it, but long term studies have shown smoking marijuana does not cause harm to the lungs. In fact, in the 1000's of years marijuana has been used no body has ever been hospitalized for ingesting it for any reason

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: Is coffee haram?

                      Originally posted by newmuslimguy View Post
                      Did you not read the post before you responded? How can you make such a general statement about weed if there are over 1000 kinds. You can't say weed messes with your senses because there are over 1000 effects of weed, so it depends on which strain you use. Also, not only are there other ways of consuming marijuana without smoking it, but long term studies have shown smoking marijuana does not cause harm to the lungs. In fact, in the 1000's of years marijuana has been used no body has ever been hospitalized for ingesting it for any reason
                      Marijuana is linked to mental health problems. All those "1000" different types of weed all share one effect: You get high ie intoxicated which is haram.

                      P.S any kind of smoke going to your body is harmful and thats a fact.
                      Quote me if you want an answer

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: Is coffee haram?

                        Originally posted by Burek View Post
                        Marijuana is linked to mental health problems. All those "1000" different types of weed all share one effect: You get high ie intoxicated which is haram.

                        P.S any kind of smoke going to your body is harmful and thats a fact.
                        That is a very ignorant statement. No one claims all 1000 kinds share some effects. Some scholars I have spoken to have made certain strains permissible in Islam because they do not intoxicate at all. you should not talk about things you do not know about. There is actual science behind this.

                        And your second quote has not been proven so again you can't just make things up because it sounds right to you, that's not science. And again...even if it were true marijuana can be vaporized, eaten, or juiced; none of these forms contain any kind of smoke.

                        If you don't know something you should not respond rather than make things up

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: Is coffee haram?

                          Originally posted by Burek View Post
                          Marijuana is linked to mental health problems. All those "1000" different types of weed all share one effect: You get high ie intoxicated which is haram.

                          P.S any kind of smoke going to your body is harmful and thats a fact.
                          The USA also hold patents saying marijuana improves brain function and has been given it as a treatment to patients with various illnesses.

                          http://www.google.com/patents/US6630507

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: Is coffee haram?

                            Originally posted by newmuslimguy View Post
                            Did you not read the post before you responded? How can you make such a general statement about weed if there are over 1000 kinds. You can't say weed messes with your senses because there are over 1000 effects of weed, so it depends on which strain you use. Also, not only are there other ways of consuming marijuana without smoking it, but long term studies have shown smoking marijuana does not cause harm to the lungs. In fact, in the 1000's of years marijuana has been used no body has ever been hospitalized for ingesting it for any reason
                            Honestly, it sounds like you have a drug habit or want a drug habit and you are playing lawyer word game tricks to get around basic law so you can feel good about your drug habit or want to be drug habit. If marijuana did not have any affects on your body people would not be taking it.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: Is coffee haram?

                              Originally posted by newmuslimguy View Post
                              The USA also hold patents saying marijuana improves brain function and has been given it as a treatment to patients with various illnesses.

                              http://www.google.com/patents/US6630507
                              I can patent a hoverboard with a flying unicorn on it. Give some facts instead which i asked for previously
                              Quote me if you want an answer

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: Is coffee haram?

                                Originally posted by Serada View Post
                                Honestly, it sounds like you have a drug habit or want a drug habit and you are playing lawyer word game tricks to get around basic law so you can feel good about your drug habit or want to be drug habit. If marijuana did not have any affects on your body people would not be taking it.
                                But its soo cool to smoke, that justifies it, right?
                                Quote me if you want an answer

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X