X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is coffee haram?

Nah,
    me think it aint haram
    Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Interesting
      Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawah. View Post
        I have seen it, I still don't think it's haram. Yes, anything one could possibly get addicted to is said to be haraam because it can keep you from being in your senses and from Allah swt's ibaadaah. But I don't think caffeine can do that to your brain. It's not healthy and we should avoid unhealthy things but most of the times people use caffeine when really necessary; kind of like how alcohol is haram but many medicines may contain it. Obviously the dosage isn't enough to do any harm but that doesn't make it haram, does it?

If one can't function properly without caffeine at all and is most definitely addicted to it (like drugs and alcohol) then yes it should be avoided. I wouldn't just call the use of coffee haram though. I've never heard a scholar call it haram. Black tea contains caffeine too but it's not haram; many southeastern asian scholars take black tea. So, overdosing on it is unhealthy, not haram.
        Caffeine is a central-nervous-system stimulant. It may change your mood etc. Now if it is haram or not I'm not sure but im not bothered since I'm not drinking any drinks containing caffeine. I'd also like you to mention some medicines which contain alcohol.
        Quote me if you want an answer

Comment

Originally posted by *Sweety* View Post
          I didn't watch the video, i don't watch videos, i don't believe coffee is haraam
          Then you should watch the video and then comment imo

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
            I just found out that 'Mocha' is actually a coffee bean from a place called Mocha in Yemen!

I thought it was just a fancy name/type like cappuccino.
            Did you find out from Mocha Mill? That is a company a friend of mine has started

Comment

Originally posted by kesaber View Post
              I didn't understand the question until the part where the video said the effects of cocaine are the same, just on a much larger scale. Why are stimulants permissible in Islam? How are these different than other drugs that are not.

Comment

Originally posted by newmuslimguy View Post
                I didn't understand the question until the part where the video said the effects of cocaine are the same, just on a much larger scale. Why are stimulants permissible in Islam? How are these different than other drugs that are not.
                I guess it is not considered haram as the effects are not very noticable except that you may be awake longer. You are still aware of what you're doing when you consume caffeine and it does not harm your body as cocaine does or any other drug,

Comment

Originally posted by Burek View Post
                  I guess it is not considered haram as the effects are not very noticable except that you may be awake longer. You are still aware of what you're doing when you consume caffeine and it does not harm your body as cocaine does or any other drug,
                  The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whatever intoxicates in large quantities, a little of it is haraam.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1865; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Comment

No it's not haram.....

Muslims are not like the Jews
                    Whatever is specifically allowed in the Torah is "Kosher, I.E Halal" for the Jews
                    Where as whatever is specifically forbidden in the Quran is "Haram" for Muslims. Coffee has not been mentioned as Haram. However, if you want to say coffee is haram, put processed foods, transfat, chemically separated meats and sweets on that list too because it causes diabetes and other diseases. Coffee does not impair your ability to rationally think therefore it's not Haram in the sense of "intoxicating". It's a stimulant, there's a difference. WEED on the other hand, although not mentioned in the Quran does impair to some point your ability to think, hence the reason why you'd say "are you high?" for weed versus "are you energetic" for coffee. The same thing with why energy drinks, despite their disgusting traits are not haram because they do not impair thinking, they are energy stimulants.

Now, it's all up to the individual Muslim to actually choose what food options are better for his health and considering the large amounts of antioxidants (i.e anti aging components) that help your cells vitality are found in coffee, it's not a bad drink choice. :)

We have the greatest freedom to enjoy what is on Earth;

Comment

Originally posted by AmeeraQ View Post
                      No it's not haram.....

Muslims are not like the Jews
                      Whatever is specifically allowed in the Torah is "Kosher, I.E Halal" for the Jews
                      Where as whatever is specifically forbidden in the Quran is "Haram" for Muslims. Coffee has not been mentioned as Haram. However, if you want to say coffee is haram, put processed foods, transfat, chemically separated meats and sweets on that list too because it causes diabetes and other diseases. Coffee does not impair your ability to rationally think therefore it's not Haram in the sense of "intoxicating". It's a stimulant, there's a difference. WEED on the other hand, although not mentioned in the Quran does impair to some point your ability to think, hence the reason why you'd say "are you high?" for weed versus "are you energetic" for coffee. The same thing with why energy drinks, despite their disgusting traits are not haram because they do not impair thinking, they are energy stimulants.

Now, it's all up to the individual Muslim to actually choose what food options are better for his health and considering the large amounts of antioxidants (i.e anti aging components) that help your cells vitality are found in coffee, it's not a bad drink choice. :)

We have the greatest freedom to enjoy what is on Earth;
                      I agree with everything you said except weed impairs your ability to think.

Comment

I agree with everything you said except weed impairs your ability to think.
                        It does. You feel disoriented. Your mood changes. You see dizzy. It creates dependency. Not that it lessens your thinking capacity, impairs in the sense that it alters what you see and feel around you. It acts to change the way you feel, therefore the way you think as well.

Comment

It does. You feel disoriented. Your mood changes. You see dizzy. It creates dependency. Not that it lessens your thinking capacity, impairs in the sense that it alters what you see and feel around you. It acts to change the way you feel, therefore the way you think as well.
                          Maybe a specific strain does that, but there are literally over 1000 kinds. That's like saying food is sweet. It doesn't really make sense

Comment

Maybe a specific strain does that, but there are literally over 1000 kinds. That's like saying food is sweet. It doesn't really make sense
                            Im talking about dope.

Comment

Im talking about dope.
                              ...that's another word for weed as far as I know.

Comment

...that's another word for weed as far as I know.
                                There are 1000 kinds of weeds? Those that you smoke? I just know the smoking kind and i dont know that there are 1000 kinds, i must not be in touch with my colombian self.

Comment

Working...
                                X