Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Never ate Nachos anyway...thought I'd share

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
    Got it, jazak'allah khair for the clarification. So basically, any product which contains cheese and has the v (vegitarian) sign can be haraam for muslim consumption!

What if you're buying plain old cheese which has the v (vegitarian) sign on it. Could that be haraam too?
    Vegetarian cheese uses bacterial or plant-based enzymes that act like rennet, but it doesn't work on all cheese types, which is why people still use stomach lining for many cheeses. Any "V" cheese is halaal (unless they added like bacon bits to it or something).

Here you can see an example for home cheese makers: http://www.cheesemaking.com/shop/veg...et-liquid.html

This is a Double Strength rennet that contains no animals products. Non-GMO and Gluten FREE.

INGREDIENTS: Water, sodium chloride, mucorpepsin, sodium benzoate E211 (<1%).

Mucorpepsin is the enzyme that mocks rennet, and it comes from fungus like mushrooms.

---

Also: http://islamqa.info/en/115306

This is the correct opinion. Whether you know the source of the rennet and that it comes from an animal that was slaughtered properly or otherwise, or you do not know, there is nothing wrong with eating cheese that has been made with it.
    Last edited by |Sister|; 21-08-14, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sawm View Post
      What do you call cheese that isn't yours?...............

Nat cho cheese!!!!!
      I dont wanna taco bout it.......

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Was happy to read this :o cheez-its are much better than doritos

Comment

Craving nachos now mmm

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X