X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Addicts

Re: Music Addicts

Originally posted by ahaneefah View Post
    Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimuAllah) said, discussing the state of the person who has gotten used to listening to music:

"Hence you find that those who have gotten used to it and for whom it is like food and drink will never have the desire to listen to the Qur’an or feel joy when they hear it, and they never find in listening to its verses the same feeling that they find when listening to poetry. Indeed, if they hear the Qur’an, they hear it with an inattentive heart and talk whilst it is being recited, but if they hear whistling and clapping of hands, they lower their voices and keep still, and pay attention."

[Majmoo’ al-Fataawa , 11/557]
    I thought this thread would be to share playlists.

Comment

maash'Allah a good reminder

Comment

Wait... I listen to music and the Qur'an still sounds beutiful... Or is this only to music addicts?

Comment

Originally posted by Faissaloo View Post
          Wait... I listen to music and the Qur'an still sounds beutiful... Or is this only to music addicts?
          :)
          well as the brother has quoted Ibn Taymiyyah "Hence you find that those who have gotten used to it and for whom it is like food and drink

Comment

Originally posted by R0nin View Post
            lmao
            How to safeguard your Iman
            No PMs/wall messages/rep comments from sisters please :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Hamza Momand View Post
              :)
              well as the brother has quoted Ibn Taymiyyah "Hence you find that those who have gotten used to it and for whom it is like food and drink
              I'm honestly not ready to get into a fight about whether music is halal or haram. But music is nothing like food and drink to me, I listen to my iTunes playlist for like less than 30 minutes a week. The rest of the times I hear music is in TV/Videos etc...

Comment

Originally posted by R0nin View Post
                lol man

Comment

I'm honestly not ready to get into a fight about whether music is halal or haram. But music is nothing like food and drink to me, I listen to my iTunes playlist for like less than 30 minutes a week. The rest of the times I hear music is in TV/Videos etc...
                  He's not fighting. He's advising you to give it up, as it's something impermissible in Islam.
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

music is tough. During Ramadan one of the most difficult task I found for myself is giving up music. That is when I became aware of my nafs.

Music gives energy to wake myself up or/& makes it easy to focus on task at work when there is a slight background music. I have tried replacing it with sound of nature, I don't like the idea of playing quran as background noise because I am not paying attention to it.

Comment

It's haram, nothing else to it.

I used to listen to a lot of music and the way the OP described the person used to be me. Better to go completely cold turkey on music rather than give it up little by little.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X