solution to "I'm sad and I don't pray"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solution to "I'm sad and I don't pray"

So many times we hear the same story over and over. Brother X or sister Y is depressed, sad, their lives are miserable. On top of that they don't pray salah. They asked is Allah testing me? Is this black magic? is Allah punishing me?

I tell the brother or sister in this situation:
    My brother/sister you cannot find out Allah's wisdom. That should be the least of your worries. Your worry should be why am I not praying when Allah made it obligatory on me?
    Sometimes you try praying thinking it will solve your sadness. It sometimes works but often does not. If you are praying because it makes you feel good then you need to ask yourself what part of it you are doing for Allah? There is nothing wrong with hoping to get some peace from salah but that's not your objective! Your objective is to seek Allah's pleasure.
    When you please Allah it doesn't always make you feel good in the moment. That's how people become lazy to do salah. At first salah makes you feel so good (Allah's mercy descents upon you) but after a while that feeling disappears. It comes back and goes away, often going away for long time. While that feeling is gone you must perseverance in your salah. It's your chance to show Allah you weren't just praying for you, you were praying to please Him.

So get up and go do your salah even if you are "lazy". No matter what happens in life salah must be performed. Even if you don't feel Allah's mercy you must do salah. Allah never said "do salah when you feel in the mood" "do salah when you feel good". On contrary, it's perform your salah at appointed times. No strings attached.

Imam Ghazali may Allah be pleased with him said that when you feel lazy you should increase your ibadah.
    It's a constant struggle with your evil self. You have to do the opposite of what it wants.

Re: solution to "I'm sad and I don't pray"

Jazakallah khair for such an important post.

It is so very very important to pray salah that there is no life without salah.

Everyone should take heed of this. Excellent post.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Salah is the first thing that a person will be judged by on the Day of Judgement. If it was good, the rest of his deeds will be good. But if it was poor, the rest of his deeds will be poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
        Salah is the first thing that a person will be judged by on the Day of Judgement. If it was good, the rest of his deeds will be good. But if it was poor, the rest of his deeds will be poor.
        not to mention its a grave sin to leave prayer. those you neglect prayer will endup bulking the scale of doom.

Comment

Very true.

People think their lives will be normal without salaah, it doesnt work like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
            Very true.

People think their lives will be normal without salaah, it doesnt work like that.
            Alhamdulillah it doesn't work like that! Most of us would neglect it.
            Without salah what's the point of breathing?
            Prostrating to Allah is the greatest gift of all.

Comment

Originally posted by Zakarya View Post
              Alhamdulillah it doesn't work like that! Most of us would neglect it.
              Without salah what's the point of breathing?
              Prostrating to Allah is the greatest gift of all.
              You've said it so nicely, subhanallah!
              Just keep it up, and I mean this thread also, because it is the most important of advices.:up:

Comment

"My Lord! Make me and my descendants people who establish salat. My Lord! Accept my prayer." (Surah Ibrahim, 40)

Comment

At the first ever meeting with Allah AWJ (musa a.s.), Allah initiates the conversation by telling him to establish the prayer to remember him. (Surah Taha)

Comment

Originally posted by ibn_maymunah View Post
                    At the first ever meeting with Allah AWJ (musa a.s.), Allah initiates the conversation by telling him to establish the prayer to remember him. (Surah Taha)
                    Absolutely.

Verily Salaah is compulsory on the Muslims at its prescribed time. (Surah an-Nisaa: 103)

Comment

"Prosperous indeed are the believers who are humble in their prayers" -(Qur’an 23:1-2).

Comment

you know, i was EXACTLY one of those people years ago. and if you're one of those guys now, and you're reading this then TRUST ME when is say that you will never become fully content again until you resume your salah. regularly.

Comment

I think it was one of the sahaba that said if the kuffar knew about the happiness we get
                          when we perform salah they would fight us with swords for it!
                          So my brothers and sisters, salah is the best investment you can make. it was prescribed
                          to every single prophet, may Allah's peace and blessings be upon them all.
                          Everyday we should first look at our salah . If you have done your 5 salah properly then you can
                          generally consider that a success. if one salah is missing then your day is incomplete.
                          for most of us we often have to force ourselves to pray but whether you do it because you want to
                          or because you have to it doesn't matter just make sure salah is done. maybe one day Allah will make
                          you love salah the way it should be loved and you will be shedding tears as you do sajda.

Comment

“Guard strictly the Salaah, especially the middle Salaah. And stand before Allah with obedience.” (Surah Baqarah 2:238)

Comment

“Seek help through patience and Salaah; truly it is extremely difficult except for the humble true believers.”(Surah Baqarah 2:45)

Comment

Working...
                              X