Moving on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving on...

I got divorced and people keep telling me i will get someone better but i don't actually believe it.He was everything i wanted and i can't believe how quick things changed.
    I just feel like a failure and i want people to stop telling me he was not a good person and and that i will get someone better.
    I am still make dua that allah reconciles us together.
    I did umrah in Ramdan i felt peaceful when i was there but when i came back i went back to my old self were i am anxious all the time.I feel like i ruined my future and there is no going forward.

Re: Moving on...

Umm Salamah, said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: 'There is no Muslim who suffers a calamity and says what Allaah has commanded: "Innaa Lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raji'oon, Allaahumma ujurni fi museebati w'ukhluf li khayran minha," but Allaah will compensate him with something better.'

When Abu Salamah died, I said, 'Who among the Muslims could be better than Abu Salamah?...' Then I said [this du'aa'] and Allaah compensated me with marrying the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

http://islamqa.info/en/2102
    visit this free Muslim marriage agency thats only for practising Muslims! >> www.puremuslimmatch.com

Comment

Re: Moving on...

Originally posted by Fliban View Post
      I got divorced and people keep telling me i will get someone better but i don't actually believe it.He was everything i wanted and i can't believe how quick things changed.
      I just feel like a failure and i want people to stop telling me he was not a good person and and that i will get someone better.
      I am still make dua that allah reconciles us together.
      I did umrah in Ramdan i felt peaceful when i was there but when i came back i went back to my old self were i am anxious all the time.I feel like i ruined my future and there is no going forward.
      I recommend you read "Reclaim Your Heart" by Yasmin Mogahed
      she was also divorced and it devastated her, but she found peace and the will to move on
      I absolutely adore her writing style...mashaAllah she is SO relatable (and I'm not even married!)
      Take a look insha Allah :)

Additionally, consider the following points (that I literally posted word-for-word on someone else's post because, guess what, you're not the only one that suffers from marriage-less-ness...you're not alone in being alone lol):

Muslims are not given any burden except that it should improve them.
      Fact of the matter: EVERYTHING is a TEST

"rewards" are a test
      "punishments" are a test

and how you react to them determine whether or not you pass the tests in life..whether or not you please Allah.

but here's the easy part: the answers are already given to you

1. be greatful
      make it a priority to be greatful for everything in life, the ups and downs.

2. realize that Allah(swt) always knows what is best for us and wants us to succeed.
      sometimes we think something is bad for us, when in reality it will benefit us down the line
      sometimes we think something will be good for us, when instead it will actually ruin us for good...
      "But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not." (Qur'an)

3. realize if it wasn't meant to be, it wasn't meant to be.
      Make time for yourself to comprehend this with your whole mind and heart.
      and ACCEPT it.

4. be patient!
      Allah rewards the patient

5. TRUST in Allah(swt)

You'll find your answers in the Qur'an and Sunnah
      In there are the signs for those who reflect

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X