Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to feel at home again

As salaam alaykum All
    I'm having an issue with readjusting to living at my parents home after being away for so long. After I married I moved out of my home town and would visit twice a month...although I never stayed with them when I came back unless I was ill or had permission.

It's been 8 months since I've been back and I'm finding hard to readjust. I don't feel "at home" any more.
    Is there any advice for managing or coping with this change ..I know i have to get use to it as my parents won't allow me to move out either.
    No Longer On UF

Re: How to feel at home again

:wswrwb:

Awww im sorry about you feel, it is really difficult.

I didnt even unpack for over a month, until my best friend and sister came round and and helped me with it.

For me, I only felt at home when I got my spiritual stability back....maybe you can focus on that insha'Allah.

Aside from that I dont have any advice, but sis you are in my prayers, and your were during Ramadhan and iftar and suhoor too xx
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Thank you sis. I'm still kinda living out of my suitcase. ..and have e loads of things in my parents side. Insha'Allah when I'm a bit more emotionally stable ill start sorting through it all
      No Longer On UF

Comment

Take each step at a time and take it easy on yourself, theres no rush.

Its been over a year since I came back and there are still a couple of things I dare not look at......One day I went into emotional block out and just put all my wedding stuff away, in place where I dont need to see it.

It does get easier, it really does.

When I went to Hajj over 10 years ago I bought a beautiful prayer mat, from a shop near the Haram in Makkah. I left it for all those years, thinking Id give it to my husband........

......which I did. I brought it back but couldn't bare the thought of every praying on there again, or even looking at it.

This Ramadhan in the last 10 nights I took it back out again......He didnt even cross my mind Alhumdollilah,

You will be okay, just take each step slowly.

Suitcase is good....but only 1?

I have like 50......looool. I just got mad I could find anything
        وَالْعَصْرِ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

May Allah give you strength and make it easy for you sisters

Comment

I think you should make a mess in your room, make your mark. Bit of mess everywhere.

Then clean it up. Throw everything out of a suitcase into another place. And put suitcase away.
            Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometime helps me and sometime opposes me

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
              Take each step at a time and take it easy on yourself, theres no rush.

Its been over a year since I came back and there are still a couple of things I dare not look at......One day I went into emotional block out and just put all my wedding stuff away, in place where I dont need to see it.

It does get easier, it really does.

When I went to Hajj over 10 years ago I bought a beautiful prayer mat, from a shop near the Haram in Makkah. I left it for all those years, thinking Id give it to my husband........

......which I did. I brought it back but couldn't bare the thought of every praying on there again, or even looking at it.

This Ramadhan in the last 10 nights I took it back out again......He didnt even cross my mind Alhumdollilah,

You will be okay, just take each step slowly.

Suitcase is good....but only 1?

I have like 50......looool. I just got mad I could find anything
              Just one lol. I got my things back in black bags and realised that I had no where to store stuff. ..I spent the day sorting through it all and gave to charity. Alhumduillah.

I'm sharing a room with my mum so I can't really make a mess.
              No Longer On UF

Comment

Loool it's not even funny but I had about 4 suitcases and rest of it was in a few boxes and black bags.....I took everything for the house

I left it in the spare room but I think everyone else got tired of looking at so my dad put it all in my bedroom. I

I promise it does get better sis x
                وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X