Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One trick of shaytan

Assalamualaikum,

I think that one of the tricks of shaytaan is he makes you hate those who openly are more "practicing" then you.

When you have LOW eman you start to assume that everyone is judging you and make negative assumptions about people who may openly appear more pious then you through niqab/hijab/beard..etc.

This may even make you avoid the masjid/places where Muslim people congregate. Thats why is important to sort out these whispers.

You see assumptions being made that people who appear Muslim on the outside are hypocrites. Just because you have seen some people like this does not mean it reflects on everyone. Also, why do we have to be so harsh on each other? If a non-Muslim is rude to you you take it as 1 person but if its someone who wears a niqab your going to then make an assumption about an entire group of women.

Note: This thread is not to talk about the niqabi who stole your lunch money in grade 10. I'm just pointing this out as a potential trap.
    17-07

Re: One trick of shaytan

Originally posted by WhatSheSaid View Post
    Assalamualaikum,

Note: This thread is not to talk about the niqabi who stole your lunch money in grade 10. I'm just pointing this out as a potential trap.
    :rotfl:

Wa alaikum salam.

& I agree.
    ومن يتوكل على الله فهو حسبه
    And whosoever puts his trust in Allah,
    Then He will suffice him.

Comment

The opposite can also be true in that when your emaan is high and you are close to Allah SWT you become a bit intolerant of others that aren't. In discussions and dealings you might question their understanding and reasons for saying/doing certain things.

I guess that's a bit of shaytan and your ego too.

Comment

:jkk:

Many times you hear people sayjng things like how could he/she do that? They look so religious they should know better.

And it is really unfair as if people that appear to be practising have to be perfect ALL THE TIME. And if they so much as slip up people start callinv them hypocrites. Subhaan Allah.

Comment

So, if you put yourself at risk of being slandered by the people, Muslims and non-Muslims alike, are you not then better off to avoid showing that you're Muslim by wearing hijab, having a beard, etc.?

I mean, Islam isn't only how we dress, but it's tawheed, Salah, and our characters and morals. If we look like 'everyone else' in our community (like not wearing hijab in the West, for example) and practice these elements well, then we would be helping Islam more than if we were to only dress the part, right? That will also help us control our own egos, as well, in that we would be focusing on developing our inner, spiritual values and not just focusing on our outward appearances.

But that way of thinking could also be a trick of the Shaytaan.

I guess it's best to try to follow Islam as best as we can, and develop ourselves both outwardly and inwardly.

It's hard to be a Muslim sometimes - but I think it's in that struggle that Allah gives us opportunities with which to reward us. Alhamdulilaah.
          Last edited by starrynight11; 10-08-14, 06:10 AM.
          Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
          "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Comment

So many people on this forum are 1000000 times more practicing than me

but I like to be in their company on the forum.

Altho I think I wouldnt fit in with them if I actually met them :/
            My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

One trick of shaytan

:)
              Last edited by dizzyfish; 03-03-15, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ceeri_sista View Post

Many times you hear people sayjng things like how could he/she do that? They look so religious they should know better.

And it is really unfair as if people that appear to be practising have to be perfect ALL THE TIME. And if they so much as slip up people start callinv them hypocrites. Subhaan Allah.
                This annoys me too :/
                Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

Originally posted by starrynight11 View Post
                  So, if you put yourself at risk of being slandered by the people, Muslims and non-Muslims alike, are you not then better off to avoid showing that you're Muslim by wearing hijab, having a beard, etc.?

I mean, Islam isn't only how we dress, but it's tawheed, Salah, and our characters and morals. If we look like 'everyone else' in our community (like not wearing hijab in the West, for example) and practice these elements well, then we would be helping Islam more than if we were to only dress the part, right? That will also help us control our own egos, as well, in that we would be focusing on developing our inner, spiritual values and not just focusing on our outward appearances.

I guess it's best to try to follow Islam as best as we can, and develop ourselves both outwardly and inwardly.

It's hard to be a Muslim sometimes - but I think it's in that struggle that Allah gives us opportunities with which to reward us. Alhamdulilaah.
                  That's not how it works, ukhti. We have Imaan in our heart. We believe in Allah and His messenger :saw: And the belief should be manifested in our real life such as salah, wearing hijab, having beard, etc. It is compulsory for us to do so and we must spread it to all muslims so they can do the same thing too. The inward matter of ourselves, e.g. sincerity, humility, patience, etc is something we need to work on after we do the compulsory part. This is a part of purification of heart. One of the way to do that is by keeping a good company. Keep ourselves pure all the time (by doing wudhu). And learn to surpress our ego by keeping silent. Speak good or remain silent. This is the struggle of nafs which may happen our entire life. So we must enter this religion entirely (kaffah). We work on our outward and inward at the same time. That's jihad until our life is taken away from us.

May Allah guide us all to the straight path.

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Nafs al Tawabah View Post
                    The opposite can also be true in that when your emaan is high and you are close to Allah SWT you become a bit intolerant of others that aren't. In discussions and dealings you might question their understanding and reasons for saying/doing certain things.

I guess that's a bit of shaytan and your ego too.
                    I think that comes with the initial "eman rush" where someone changes and has found the truth and wants everyone else to find the truth too - I believe people calm down later on as they become more educated about the importance of akhlaaq. I feel like islamic teachers are constantly emphasizing the importance of good manners so they will eventually learn unless they specifically choose to ignore it.

Originally posted by ceeri_sista View Post

Ya, I think this is where I was trying to get at. These people you assume are more pious then you are people too.

Its not even about making mistakes, people which just assumed that the person is arrogant for no reason, have you even spoken to them? Like people on this forum were saying "niqabis are arrogant" and I was like wow how do you know???

Originally posted by starrynight11 View Post

I agree with you on the last part.

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
                    So many people on this forum are 1000000 times more practicing than me

but I like to be in their company on the forum.

Altho I think I wouldnt fit in with them if I actually met them :/
                    I don't think we can gage how someone is from their online persona but there do seem to be a lot of knowledgeable folks on here.

Originally posted by dizzyfish View Post
                    Well in my experience people who are more religious have openly told me off for so many things I feel like after meeting them I'm washed with 'advice', questioning if i am muslim at all if do much is wrong with me and then they wonder why I avoid them after... It's because they can make ppl feel like crap and rather than encourage them with love and patience pick at everything they are doing wrong. The Quran says to the prophet pbuh that if he was harsh hearted towards them they would have left him. So, yes I agree OP but equally super religious people were like us too but Allah chose to honour them by allowing them to worship Him but He has many sheep that they can be replaced with so theres no place for self righteous arrogance. Rant over. Apologies for the rant.
                    Feel free to rant. Sorry to hear you have had bad experiences. Yes, their are definitely individuals who will put you down but I just take it with a grain of salt. If someone gives you advice just listen and go about your way - it may take time to actually implement it.
                    17-07

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X